Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: TRADGEDY

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
foxfire
.375 member

Reged: 25/11/04
Loc: Long Island N.Y.,
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: bigdog]
      #56656 - 09/05/06 03:29 AM

Bigdog,
I have opened this thread many times and each time was unable to post anything, as my fingers couldn't type what my heart felt for you and your family. I tried to post some kind of response with my condolences and prayers.
It's been impossible to find the words as I can't even imagine what you have gone through. Your biggest job now is to keep your family strong helping each other cope with this tragedy.
My prayes and best wishes for you and your family to stay strong and find the strength in each other.

--------------------
No good deed goes unpunished

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bigdog
.375 member

Reged: 05/02/06
Loc: Southern Illinois
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: foxfire]
      #56781 - 10/05/06 01:34 PM

foxfire, I am trying to hold things together as best I can. The day after the accident, was my daughters 18th birthday. She has prom and graduation over the next 2 weeks. Needless to say they don't mean much to her now. She knows I love her, thats the best I can do for her right now. I wish I could do more her.

--------------------
Kyle, I love you buddy, Dad

NE450No2
.375 member

Reged: 10/01/03
      #56793 - 10/05/06 04:53 PM

bigdog
I am sorry for your loss. I too have lost family very close to me.
However life of the living must go on. After one of my brothers died it really effected my Mother. Too much grief is a bad thing.
You must go on. You have other family that needs you.

Life is for the living.
Your sons death illustrates how fragile life is.

One persons death should not destroy the life of others.

Cherish the times you spent with him, and cherish the time you have with the rest of your family, and friends.

bigdog
.375 member

#60334 - 25/07/06 01:39 PM

Well, it has been 4 months since my sons fatal accident. All I can say is IT SUCKS. I have been shooting a couple of times, but it's just not as much fun. Maybe it will be back to normal in about a hundred years !!

--------------------

JPK
.375 member

Reged: 31/08/04
Loc: Chevy Chase, MD
      #60384 - 26/07/06 01:11 PM

Bigdog,

As has been the case continuously, my heart goes out to you and your family and my prayers too. Keep plugging along, it will get easier, if not really better. Reread Jonathan Tomlinson's post. They are on the money and he puts things better than I ever could.

Very best,

JPK

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: JPK]
      #60431 - 27/07/06 01:48 PM

Thanks for the continued prayers and support.
I have started trying to go to some local support groups to see if it can help. If anything can help Stacy or myself, I am willing to give it a try, even if it is just a way to help us get through a day or two. I guess it is just going to take a long long time to deal with this. It is just absolutely unbelievable, how much you can miss one little boy. I guess it is because Kyle was so special and loved so very very much by all of us.

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#60942 - 08/08/06 11:43 AM

I just thought I would share some pictures of my son Kyle for anyone that is interested. He is one handsome devil, thank God he didn't take after me.

http://kyle-greenlee.memory-of.com/

--------------------

CptCurlAdministrator
.450 member

Reged: 01/05/04
Loc: Fincastle, Botetourt County, V...
      #60954 - 08/08/06 08:29 PM

Bigdog,

The memorial website is touching to the soul. Your son was a bright, robust, and fine looking young man. Again I find it impossible to fully express my sorrow for your terrible loss. May you finally be blessed with an understanding of this loss in the course of your life. It is said there is a reason for all that happens.

Sincerely,
Curl

--------------------
RoscoeStephenson.com

YOUR DOUBLE RIFLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

hoppdoc
.400 member

Reged: 02/03/06
Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: CptCurl]
      #60955 - 08/08/06 09:13 PM

Bigdog--

What a beautiful website and tribute to a wonderful child!What a fine young man he was!

Loosing a child and having a child preceed you in death is one of the hardest blows to endure.I would encourage you to turn to your religious faith to try to help you resolve those questions which cause you such deep pain.Remember that we all have immortal souls that live forever but that our earthly bodies are fragile and mortal. Think of the good times.It is just a matter of time before we all pass from this world and "go home".Kyle is at peace now, at home where we all are going.

My prayers go out to you.

--------------------
An armed man is a citizen of his country, an unarmed man just a subject.

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
      #61332 - 18/08/06 04:31 AM

Bigdog,

I read the very nice memorial website you have made for Kyle. I don't know how to even begin to express the sorrow I feel about your situation, but wanted you to know that even people half way across the world are still thinking of you and your family.

Erik

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: EricD]
      #61375 - 18/08/06 03:10 PM

Eric D,

Thanks, Eric, I hope you liked all the pictures on the memorial site. Anyone is welcome to lite a candle for Kyle. It is rough for us right now. School starts tomorrow and Kyle would have been starting 8th grade. We always take a picture of all 5 children together on the first day school starts.(the picture on the memorial site with Kyle in the pink hurley shirt was last years) It just doesn't seem right, him not being there. We are all trying to live with the loss. I have lost family members, my dad and my brother-in-law at early ages, but nothing was as stunning and downright sickening as losing my son of 14 years. I did not know it was possible to miss a preson this much in 143 days. I have to believe that God knows what he is doing. Maybe someday I will get a clue as to why this happened, even if it isn't till I get to the pearly gates!

--------------------

Double_Trouble
.375 member

Reged: 27/04/06
Loc: Canada
      #61700 - 26/08/06 03:27 AM

BigDog:
you dont know me nor i you but i have read this thread (more than once ) and have been at a loss for words.

my deepest sympathy will have to suffice as it just isnt the way that things are supposed to happen.

I saw the memorial website and it touched me deeply.... very well done and a fitting tribute to a vibrant and fine looking young man.

Be strong and be well Bigdog

--------------------
Double Trouble,
Speak not of what you do not know.
Listen up when it's time to.

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: Double_Trouble]
      #61714 - 26/08/06 10:51 AM

Thanks D.T.,

5 months ago today is when the accident happened. It is still the most awful thing that can happen to someone. Everybody, give your loved ones an extra hug for me tonight !!

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#61768 - 27/08/06 10:43 AM

Tom, thanks for the tribute to Kyle on his memorial website. He really enjoyed the trip to see you down in Georgia to get the 700. He had a blast, little did I know, he would be gone 6 weeks later. Again, thanks for the kind words.I can't hardly wait to see him again someday.

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#63237 - 30/09/06 08:40 AM

The hardest thing I ever had to do in my life was to tell Kyle goodbye for the last time, before they took him to the operating room to harvest his organs for the 4 recipiants that were waiting in the other operating rooms. He was pronounced brain dead the night before at 7:56 pm, but they kept him alive so they could get the organ recipiants to St. Louis the following morning. That was the longest night in a hospital room that Stacy and I have ever spent. Along with my other children, we just could not keep our hands off of my son. We were constantly running our fingers through his hair and caressing his arm, and holding his hand. We talked with him all night long, as if he could process what we were saying. My 18 year old daughter, Sarah,is going to be a beautician and had always cut and highlighted Kyle's hair. She did not want the funeral home to touch his hair for fear they would trim it the wrong way. So at 3:00 am,the nurses got out of the way and Sarah gave Kyle his final haircut. The way she talked to him while she was cutting his hair, even made the nurses cry. She was so gentle and caring with him. The next morning,after doing several tests to make sure they could use his heart, they were ready to take him to the operating room. We all said a final prayer and told him it was OK to let go and go to heaven.We all surrounded the gourney he was on and walked down the ICU hall with him for the last time. When we got to the elevator, the doctors paused and let us say our last good byes. This was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I share this with you because this happened exactly 6 months ago today. And we would be honored if all of you would discuss with your families about everyone being an organ doner, when the time comes. As I type this through the tears rolling down my face, I want you all to know that the 2 men in their 50's that each have one of Kyle's kidneys are both doing well. The 19 year old girl that got Kyle's liver and intestines has graduated from highschool. After the operation, she was able to eat solid food for the first time in 4 years. The 24 year old single mom that got Kyles precious heart is also doing great at this time. Please consider the following: if you believe in God and heaven, you won't need your organs in heaven. If you don't believe in God, and your final destination is 6' under, you won't need your organs there either. You can be a true life saver by being an organ doner. Please take a moment and think how wonderfully greatful and thankful you would be if your child, spouse, or other loved one needed an organ and they could get it in time. I can not think of a greater gift that could be given or recieved. As a dad, I can only think of how greatful I would be, if Kyle could have been saved by someone's selfless donation. I would have given all the double rifles in the world for another week with him. So in his memory, please think about being an organ donar. Sorry for getting on my soapbox, but thanks from our whole family. Kyle, at 14 years old and only weighing 89 pounds, did his greatest work after he passed on by saving 4 other people. We are very proud of him. Thannks for taking time to read all of this. Ken

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#65026 - 01/11/06 03:33 PM

7 months ago this past Sunday and I still look for him everywhere I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

JTOMLINSON
.300 member

Reged: 16/02/05
Loc: York, England
      #65198 - 03/11/06 05:45 AM

Ken

I just read your last post and freely admit it made me cry, now with tears in my eyes I write this short note.

Kyle will stay with you forever in all you say and do, keep talking to him and think of him, he will live forever in your heart and mind and of those who were fortunate enough to have known him and been touched by his all too short time on earth.

You are one truly brave person and I consider it a privliege for me to even be able to write to you, reading of your farewell to Kyle tore me apart, I cannot ever begin to imagine what you and your family have gone through .

I feel certain that somewhere Kyle will be watching down on you and longing to touch off those immense rifles you are gathering.

He sounds like a young man who would have helped anyone in need and indeed even when he had let go of his mortal bonds he still helped others.

You must rightly be proud of Kyle and whilst grieving for his loss you must also celebrate his all tooo short life and what it meant for all those who loved him and whose own lives he saved by such an ultimate gift.

your friend over the Atlantic.

Jonathan

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: JTOMLINSON]
      #66265 - 03/12/06 10:12 AM

To my son Kyle,
Hey buddy,it has been 363,120 minutes since your fatal accident. I have missed you for every damn one of them. Shooting just hasn't been the same without you. I feel like all the air has been sucked out of my life forever. I really thought that if you asked GOD as many questions as you asked me, he would let you come back down here. He must have more patience than I thought. Every time I mess with guns, I am thinking of you. This helps me for about 5 seconds. We had such plans for the future and now we can't do any of it together.I have never had a sadder holiday than at thanksgiving. We are all trying to live with this, but we don't have a clue as to why this happened. Maybe some day it will all make sense. But for now we are so.....lost. I will always have you in my heart and you will be with me every time I touch a gun. You all ready know how much I will always love you. Does the Ken Owen 4-bore look good from your vantage point? Thinking of you always DAD

--------------------

475Guy
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/03
Loc: Kali, US
      #66274 - 03/12/06 11:12 AM

bd

I've just now gotten around to viewing this thread. Having lost several family members over the years, including a very young niece and a young nephew, I feel for you. I can't say at all that I know how you feel, far from it. Once again, my condolences.

--------------------
Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place among
them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
      #66309 - 04/12/06 02:02 AM

Ken,

I remember when you informed us about your son's death, I'm glad it has resurfaced. I have a family friend who lost two sons at a young age for different reasons and it took them years to come to grips with it. Your grief is personal and I won't try to pretend I understand.

However, I do want to say that the sharing of your loss is testament to what a strong man you are, and whether or not you know it, you are reaching out to every one of us. My little girl does not understand, but I live for her. When I tuck her in tonight, I'll give an extra kiss and tell her it's from Kyle's daddy.

Blair

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: bonanza]
      #66340 - 04/12/06 03:38 PM

I still hug all my kids every night and I always have. Kyle was so soft hearted and was not afraid to show his feelings. He was 14 and I still kissed him goodnight every night. Hell, if I did not hit him on the lips, he would call for a "redo". That probably sounds crazy to some of you, but that the kind of wonderful kid he was. I have a 1000 little memories like that of him. Thinking of them is the only thing getting me 1/2 way through these absolutly gut- wrenching times.

--------------------

bigdog
.375 member

#67868 - 23/12/06 08:38 AM

Kyle I am putting this message in a couple of days early. I hope you have a Merry Christmas up there. Wednesday will be your 15th birthday, come down and see me, and pick out any gun you want, it's yours. Happy Birthday buddy!!! I will always love you so much. Son, have a good one and help us get through this first Christmas and birthday without you here. You are never far away, only as far as my heart.

--------------------

clark7781
.375 member

Reged: 28/10/04
Loc: Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
      #68218 - 28/12/06 12:23 PM

Bigdog:

Bless your heart.

I just put my 2.5 year old son to bed and read your last post. My heart goes out to you. My God Bless you and your family.

Very respectfully,

Paul

--------------------
Clark

Double Rifle Shooters Society
.500 NE and .577 NE

340Wby
.224 member

Reged: 28/06/06
Loc: Up high!
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: clark7781]
      #68566 - 03/01/07 01:05 AM

Mate I wont say to much as I have no idea what you are going through.
All I can say is I'm truly sorry for your loss.

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: 340Wby]
      #68753 - 04/01/07 12:09 PM

Thanks for your thoughts and kind words. I don't post stuff on here to get sympathy, I just spend alot of time reading this forum. When I am not doing something with my kids or Stacy,I am usually messing with my guns or reading the gun forums. I have not met any of you, but I consider most of you,my friends. I am still thinking of Kyle all the time and I realize that this will never change. Most of you don't know what it is like to lose a young child. I am thankful for that, because it is pretty awful. I do think of him constantly when I go shooting. It is just alot quieter now, because he used to ask so many questions. I never got tired of answering him either. I think I would be going over the edge if it weren't for a few gun projects that I have going. My 4 bore is being made by Ken Owen,but won't be completed for another 13 months, the 600 overkill should be back and ready to go by Jan 20th, and my .510 kodiak express lever gun should be in by the end of March. I welcome any comments from you guys on any of the above. I guess the reason we put up the memorial website and that I talk about him alot is because I don't want poeple to ever forget how special he was to us. We love him so much!!! Lite a candle for him on the memorial website if you like. Thanks Ken

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 52699

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com