Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: FN-Browning CCS 25 - 9.3x74R

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifle Photos & Archive

Pages: 1
André
.333 member

Reged: 28/06/04
Loc: Brussels (Belgium)
FN-Browning CCS 25 - 9.3x74R
      #52052 - 10/03/06 09:28 PM

Here's my handmade FN-Browning CCS25 o/u in 9,3x74R, engraving signed by José Baerten, former FN's master engraver. Scope is Swarovski 1,25-4x24 in Sühler claw mounts. I use it for drive hunting (all running shots) wild boar, red deer, roe deer.

Edited by DRarchive (03/07/08 10:56 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jake
.224 member

Reged: 24/09/05
Loc: Boise, Idaho
Re: FN-Browning CCS 25 [Re: André]
      #52151 - 12/03/06 02:43 AM

Good for you ! I'm excited for you and very glad you're had the opportunity to own such a work of art. I'm a guy who loves quality craftmanship (my job demands it as does my brain is trained that way....don't know why).

Would like to know the details of the project being put together when you have the time. It's quite an unusual piece and I've heard little about them. Good shooting.

André
.333 member

Re: FN-Browning CCS 25 [Re: Jake]
      #52222 - 12/03/06 09:53 PM

I bought it in 1982 and have used it extensively since (drive hunting with hounds is the most popular hunting mode over here). Not knowing what the dogs might chase out of the thickets, be it a 220 lbs wild boar, a 550 lbs red stag or a 55 lbs. roedeer -all running and pumping adrenalin, a powerful caliber is advised, hence the popularity of the 9,3's. Among my hunting rifles, this double has the highest individual tally with 73 assorted heads of big game (it sees the most use too). Although having been hunted hard, it looks like new as I carry it around in a leather scabbard, only to be unsheated when arriving at my stand (ATV's are murder to fine stocks). I'm babying it and avoid exposing it in foul weather. When heavy rain is forecasted, the double stays in the safe and gets replaced by my Blaser R93 in 9,3x62.

--------------------
André
---------------------------------
3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Re: FN-Browning CCS 25 [Re: André]
      #52330 - 14/03/06 12:52 AM

André,

You have a wonderful double and I undestand you won't use it when the rain will spoil it..................

but You forgot to tell something very important.

THE BALANCE.
Little can be added to the Browning double's legend.
But for the poor guys who have never totted a Browning, I have no words to depict the phenomenal balance of this rifle, especially in 9.3-74R. One has to try it to believe it.
In my limited humble opinion, balance-wise the closest double is the Chapuis O/U.
Your opinion?

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

André
.333 member

Re: FN-Browning CCS 25 [Re: larcher]
      #52423 - 14/03/06 08:14 PM

You're absolutely correct, Larcher. Truth is, I'm so used to and spoiled by the handling qualities that I've come to take it as being natural. I also have 2 FN-Browning B25 shotguns + 1 B525 and they all balance the same, incl. the rifle. Switching from one to another goes unnoticed, they all feel like they "grew" on you. Regarding Chapuis, I feel their s/s are better balanced than their o/u. The latter have shorter bbls. and that could be the reason.

--------------------
André
---------------------------------
3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5195

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com