Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: A friend's travails in France

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
A friend's travails in France
      #51101 - 01/03/06 02:01 PM

A good friend from another forum tried importing a 100+ year old Lee Speed sporter into France and was declined permission because it was in the grand old 303, a forbidden calibre. He has posted his bad experience here.

I really cannot believe that this regulation forbidding military calibres is justified in any way, but then what do I know...

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Re: A friend's travails in France [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #51358 - 04/03/06 03:47 AM

Dear Mehul,

No surprise for me. The 303 Enfield belongs to the first weapon category, war stuff. Use, detention, purchase or selling are strictly forbiden as long as one has no authorisation. To obtain the authorisation one has to do a lot of paperwork. First you have to be a member of a shooting club during one or two years. Then the police or gendarmerie will conduct an investigation into your private life and general comportment.The authorisation is not granted and might come 6 to 12 months later(if you are a really good boy).
What makes me laugh "how many 303 are lying around in french attics and cellars". My late father has a 303 in the attic and it' s still in the family (I don't want to divulgue who has it).
Yes the law is stupid, in France and in the EC. One can have any 375, ,338, 300 magnums etc.... any rifles more potent than most of the military rifles.
Lucky, in every attic one can find a Mauser or an Enfield or a M1 or a Garrand or a Lebel or a Mas36

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1459

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com