Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mountain Goat hunting info

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
AJOTNIK
.224 member

Reged: 27/01/06
Loc: Spain
Mountain Goat hunting info
      #49196 - 05/02/06 05:15 AM

Hi, I am a european hunter looking for mountain goat hunts in combo with wt deer, mule deer or bt deer in Canada or Alaska.

IŽd like to find something in reasonable price, not looking for recod trophies. for me it is more important to harvest the specie than get big trophies.

other posibility is trade this hunts for some european species (deers, chamoix, ibex or mufflon).

I will apreciate if somebody give me info about outfitters or hunting posibilities.

Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
Re: Mountain Goat hunting info [Re: AJOTNIK]
      #49216 - 05/02/06 02:12 PM

I would think a combo mountain goat with sitka blacktail deer in Alaska would be a great option to consider.

I do book for an outfitter that does these but they are trophy hunts. Not too many outfitters take you for just a 'representative' mountain goat!

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

luv2safari
.400 member

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: United States
Re: Mountain Goat hunting info [Re: AspenHill]
      #49218 - 05/02/06 02:27 PM

AspenHill has just told you the BEST way! I would look into her proposal further. It is what I was about to post.

L2S

--------------------
Hunt with Class and Classics

AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
      #49221 - 05/02/06 03:13 PM

You could get a mountain goat/black tail deer combo from guide/outfitters along the coast of B.C. or a m.g./moose (or possibly elk) from those in northern B.C. on either side of the Rocky Mountain Trench. If you want a whitetail or mule deer with your goat look in the Okanagan or Kootenay region of B.C.

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

Edited by AdamTayler (05/02/06 03:15 PM)

DPhillips
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Alaska
      #49225 - 05/02/06 05:06 PM

If looking to trade a hunt like this in Alaska, it would have to be with a licensed guide.

I would be a nice hunt for goat, black bear and mountain goat here in Alaska. Would be pretty easy to add brown bear to the mix as well, IF you have the time and money to do so.

Any of those hunts here in Alaska would require a licensed guide to take you.

AJOTNIK
.224 member

Re: Mountain Goat hunting info [Re: DPhillips]
      #49265 - 06/02/06 05:24 AM

Thanks for everybody for the repplies and for the info.

I am interested in m. goat or sheep in combo with bt. deer, wt. deer or caribu. go to North America from Europe only for one trophy is hard, and if it is posible get 2 or 3 in the same trip is much better. I have 4 canadian black bears and a big brawn bear from kamchatka, also a kamchatka big moose,so those species are not interesting for me.

I want to hunt in reasonable prices, so I understand it must not be in prime hunting areas and with the better outfitters, but sometimes are good hunts with outfitters hwo have not sell all his quota or hunting commpanies hwo are not too much in the hunting market. I look for species not for records. for expl. for me is more important harvest a 7-8" goat than pay more to go a place where the average of trophies is 10".

Other posibillity is trade the hunt with a resident hwo have a tag, or so. Can not a resident invite somebody to hunt his tag??. Or maybe a outfitter is interested to trade some of his licences...For me here is not problem at all get the hunting licence, quota licences and documents for trophy export for not-residents hunters.

I never been hunting in B.C. or Alaska, so I do not have knowledge about the hunting regulattions and the real posibilities for hunting succes .So I am sorry if I make some mistake.

Thanks

DPhillips
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Alaska
      #49271 - 06/02/06 07:38 AM

A non-resident "alien" (someone not from the U.S.) must hire a guide to hunt anything in Alaska. Even non-residents that live in other states must hire a guide for Mountain Goat, Dall Sheep, Brown Bear or Grizzly Bear in Alaska.

The only people in Alaska that would be allowed to swap a hunt with you is a licensed guide. Swapped hunts are considered payment or compensation here and the only people that can receive compensation are licensed guides.

AdamTayler
.375 member

#49298 - 06/02/06 02:50 PM

If you were my relative I could apply for you to get a permit, and you would hunt under my supervision (there is a Spaniard in the woodpile on my father's side but it is a couple of generations back). The only options for you to hunt here would be to hire a g/o, trade with a g/o, or become a resident. If you want a caribou then northern B.C. is where to look, primarily west of the Rocky Mountain Trench. Region 6 would be a good place to look, or the western portions of Region 7B. You mention sheep but I do not know if there are any "reasonable" prices, especially for Stones. If you know where the average billie is 10", pass the info on to me! Coastal goats seem to get bigger than interior ones, and the number one goat comes from Bella Coola. If you are set on a mulie and/or whitey as well, then I would look in the southern portion of the province from Hedley/Penticton (Okanagan) across to Cranbrook and the Rockey Mountains (Kootenays). These are regions 8 and 4 respectively, and some areas within them have California or Rocky Mountain Bighorn. Good luck in your search and your hunt.

--------------------

AJOTNIK
.224 member

Re: Mountain Goat hunting info [Re: AdamTayler]
      #49452 - 08/02/06 03:00 AM

Thanks everybody for the info.

swap was only a opcion, but since I do not go to be a BC resident...for the moment , other posibillity is book this hunt in a good price. some ideas about it?

thanks

AdamTayler
.375 member

#50018 - 15/02/06 03:51 PM

I do not know how much these hunts go for, but do a search for: guide outfitters of b.c. and check out each website. Good luck.

--------------------

Sasquatch
.224 member

Reged: 02/04/06
Loc: Canada
      #53825 - 02/04/06 03:49 AM

For mountain goats and a possibility at other game, such as deer, elk etc, there are other options. In the Cariboo-Chilcotin Region of BC you could add mule deer and up in the Peace area you could add deer or possibly elk or caribou.

I guided in BC for many years. PM me if you want more info.

--------------------
Skyline Adventures
www.canadianblackbearhunt.com

luv2safari
.400 member

Re: Mountain Goat hunting info [Re: Sasquatch]
      #53848 - 02/04/06 08:41 AM

I've hunted the Peace River area, up the Sukunka and Burnt Rivers. Absolutely wonderful country with a good variety of game...mule and white tail deer, Elk, moose, black & grizzley bear, woodlands caribou, goats...

--------------------

AdamTayler
.375 member

Re: Mountain Goat hunting info [Re: luv2safari]
      #53886 - 02/04/06 03:16 PM

What are you talking about? Moose, elk, and mule deer can not be found in the Peace River country. It is devoid of all game.

--------------------

luv2safari
.400 member

Re: Mountain Goat hunting info [Re: AdamTayler]
      #53964 - 03/04/06 12:47 PM

Sure is...I've been hunting there...Now you know where all the game went...

--------------------

Sasquatch
.224 member

Reged: 02/04/06
Loc: Canada
Re: Mountain Goat hunting info [Re: luv2safari]
      #54018 - 04/04/06 12:07 AM

Well I have hunted in the Sukunka, Peace River, Kechika, Gataga, Toad and Prophet areas. Lots of good hunting.

Surprisingly though..........there are getting to be a lot of hunters in places I would have never seen another person for weeks at a time 20 years ago. Lakes I use to fly into and have the place to myself, well charter companies have to keep lists and dates to avoid over crowding.

The key to good hunting now, and always has been, the use of horses. You can get to areas that are far from floatplane accessible lakes and rivers with jet boats and beyond the distances most backpack hunters can reasonably go and still expect to pack their game out. Plus you can pack enough stuff to have a comfortable camp and not live like a popper.

Northern BC is still the place to go and will be for some time. Although the Kootenay's and the other southern regions have good goat hunting, if you want a true wilderness experience, you won't get it in the south. With few exceptions, virtually every drainage you can find will have some roads, logging, mining access, etc. The closer you are to Vancouver, Kamloops or any of the other centers, the more hunters you will see.

Outfitters I have known for years in the southern part of the province have had their areas slowly erroded by access and resident demand, to the point where many of those guiding territories are marginally viable. If you are from New York, maybe you would still think it is 'wilderness', but to those of us who have spend many months in true wilderness it is far to busy.

It's progress I guess................an ever increasing population, resource extraction, thousands of tourism operators all fighting for a piece of the ever decreasing pie.

I must be getting old..........................

--------------------
Skyline Adventures
www.canadianblackbearhunt.com

warden
.224 member

Reged: 10/04/06
Loc: Jackson, Wyo
      #54707 - 13/04/06 01:25 PM

Would you consider Wyoming? I live just South of Yellowstone Park, and I can see goats from my house. I just need to draw a tag!

AJOTNIK
.224 member

Re: Mountain Goat hunting info [Re: warden]
      #54835 - 14/04/06 09:19 PM

Warden, I have sent you a PM. Please check it.

Regards

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3498

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com