Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expeditions?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
bulldog563
.400 member

Reged: 21/10/05
Loc: California
Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expeditions?
      #44991 - 27/12/05 07:36 PM

I just saw this TZ PH's Website. Has anyone heard anything about him. On his website he claims;

hunting in Tanzania, 100% of our clients have shot a Leopard, better than 95% have gotten a Lion, 98% have shot Buffalo, and 73% have harvested an Elephant, with 80% of the Clients having a shooting opportunity at a legal Elephant.

And his trophy fees are just about half of normal. Pretty Impressive!

--------------------
Join the National Rifle Association:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: bulldog563]
      #45003 - 28/12/05 02:46 AM

If it sounds too good to be true, then....

Isn't this the fellow in southern California that went bankrupt a few years ago, taking client deposits with him but not delivering the hunts?

Also, he advertises in an inappropriate location and gets a big black X in my book.

There are lots of ethical, reputable companies that provide a first rate safari. No need to dig this close to the barrel bottom.

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expeditions? [Re: bulldog563]
      #45008 - 28/12/05 03:39 AM

bulldog, 500graines has an uncanny ability to sniff out things when they're rotten. If he says it, you can pretty much bet the house on it.

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expeditions? [Re: mikeh416Rigby]
      #45013 - 28/12/05 04:22 AM

I'll second that.

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expeditions? [Re: 500grains]
      #45026 - 28/12/05 06:50 AM

500 Grains

I think you are right. I think he is the guy that hid some assets and got his ----- in a ringer with the Federal Bankruptcy Court.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

bulldog563
.400 member

Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: mickey]
      #45057 - 28/12/05 11:56 AM

He does live in CA. I figured the same thing. His prices were substantially less then normal.

--------------------

jorge
.275 member

Reged: 13/07/05
Loc: Orange Park, Florida
      #45530 - 02/01/06 01:54 PM

Count me in with the rest of the posts. ANYBODY that posts/supports the *C* website reflects a severe lack of judgement and that's a non-starter in my book. jorge

akrange
.224 member

Reged: 20/12/05
Loc: Michigan, United States
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expeditions? [Re: bulldog563]
      #45804 - 05/01/06 11:45 AM

BullDog,
Last year I talked with Phil about "05".. I belong to a Hunting Help Service.. I talked with "one of the in the knows" about Phil and was told that he had Big Problems.. As a matter of fact He/Phil e-mailed me a week ago about "06".. Dude..

AK

MopaneMike
.300 member

Reged: 03/01/06
Loc: So Cal USA
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expeditions? [Re: akrange]
      #45826 - 05/01/06 03:47 PM

Hmm, how do I step in this without getting flamed?.. I would suggest that instead of accusations and witch burning. Go direct to former clients or even Phil L.. Now, I have no relationship with Phil L. Don't even know the guy.. But I do know one person who did hunt with him in Tanz and had a wonderful time and swears by him, collected all they came for and more.. But like you guy's, I too have heard the "rumors" more than enough to make me wary before putting down my hard earned dollars.. As I understand it he fell into some agreements with locals that either had the hunt area's or posed as they owned them. Things went south as happens when somebody gets corned, and Phil did not have the capital to straighten out and make right the situation.. My personal take is I would have done what ever it took to keep my clients faith in my company, and at the very least, come clean to the hunting community and put the issues to bed.. Specially if I was runner-up for SCI PH of the year, I believe maybe even more than once but I can't recall.
Perhaps somebody can contact him and see if he will give a answer to whatever the accusations are.. The hunting community is too small and close knit specially African hunters for the good, the bad, and the ugly. We all find out sooner or later..... Just my two cents,,

--------------------
MopaneMike

500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: MopaneMike]
      #45831 - 05/01/06 04:19 PM

Mike,

I went to Phil about his advertisement on a nefarious website that posts very nasty slander about some members here. First Phil denied advertising there. But then Phil said he was aware of the slander but since he didn't write it he thought it would be ok to advertise there. From that small exchange I concluded that Phil has both bad character and bad judgement. There are lots of PHs with good character and good judgment out there who I can turn to instead.

bulldog563
.400 member

Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: 500grains]
      #45853 - 06/01/06 02:24 AM

He posts on AR if anyone wants to ask him anything about his past. He was nominated for PH of the year twice. I think 2001 and 2002 but may be wrong on the years.

--------------------

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
      #45857 - 06/01/06 03:06 AM

In reply to:

He was nominated for PH of the year twice.

Would this be a SCI nomination?

The same SCI who refuse(d) to admit that "Out Of Africa" was selling illegal hunts?

I have come to have trouble taking who, or what, SCI endorses as a serious recommendation...

bulldog563
.400 member

Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: EricD]
      #45877 - 06/01/06 11:08 AM

Yeah, pretty sure it was SCI.

--------------------

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: EricD]
      #45881 - 06/01/06 11:30 AM

Erik, it was SCI for sure. Kind of sucks doesn't it.

Over the years several SCI Professional Hunter of the Year winners have absconded with clients funds, and have disappeared from the hunting scene, so SCI Professional Hunter of the Year doesn't mean squat to me.

thorshammer
.300 member

Reged: 27/12/08
Loc: USA
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: mikeh416Rigby]
      #127742 - 22/02/09 07:13 PM

all im going to say is phil is a real good friend of mine and great ph and what is being said here is pure bulshit he never made off with any clients deposits never did he fail to produce a great hunt and never did he slander a person any where

bwananelson
.400 member

Reged: 08/10/07
Loc: DELTONA FLORIDA
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: thorshammer]
      #127790 - 23/02/09 05:35 AM

why is there all this hear say,even with out of africa i checked them out with SCI no complaints,check out THE HUNTING REPORT 90 clients none of them gave a negative report if i got screwed on a hunt i would let the world know anyway i could.unless you were the one screwed you dont know all the details please lets be gentleman and act on facts not things they have heard.

--------------------
THERE ARE NO DO OVERS IN LIFE DONT LET A CHANCE AT A DREAM SLIP AWAY.

thorshammer
.300 member

Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: bwananelson]
      #127794 - 23/02/09 06:25 AM

500grains is just sore because Phil booted him ffom his site for being a arse to people so now that has been proven that phil is a good guy i can let this rest

peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
      #127796 - 23/02/09 07:21 AM

but mjoelner

that is hear say as well, i think it would be prudent for phil to come here and set the record straight, nobody has proven anything but there has been raised some interresting points.
dont repeat your friends stuff, tell him to come here and straighten it out himself.

best regards

peter

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #127825 - 23/02/09 12:34 PM

Quote:

all im going to say is phil is a real good friend of mine and great ph and what is being said here is pure bulshit he never made off with any clients deposits never did he fail to produce a great hunt and never did he slander a person any where

Well if you are a good friend why on Earth would you want to resurrect this thread after three years? I for one have never seen this thread before and I assume a lot of other people haven't either, but now have.

Quote:

never did he slander a person any where

That BTW was not said in the earlier posts.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

thorshammer
.300 member

Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: NitroX]
      #127835 - 23/02/09 05:34 PM

Why because the things said about him are utter BS and id like to clear the air about things said which are 100% untrue and false

Bramble
.375 member

Reged: 29/07/06
Loc: England
      #127840 - 23/02/09 07:59 PM

Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti

I hadent, but I have now.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: Bramble]
      #127853 - 23/02/09 11:54 PM

Quote:

Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti

I hadent, but I have now.

mmmmmmm.........

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

#127875 - 24/02/09 04:19 AM

Quote:

I'm not saying he did, nor am I saying he didn't. But realistically, if he did, do you really believe he, or anyone else for that matter, would confess an alleged crime to a friend? How many people considered Bernard Madoff a friend before they found out he had swindeled them out of their lifes savings?

This issue about Phil won't be resolved here, and I would respectfully encourage the parties involved in the discourse take it up via PMs or emails.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#127906 - 24/02/09 12:47 PM

Quote:

Why because the things said about him are utter BS and id like to clear the air about things said which are 100% untrue and false

Well the allegations of proceedings with the "Federal Bankruptcy Court" were mentioned above. Allegations like this are a matter of fact, or not.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Anyone heard of Phil Lozano TZ Trophy Expediti [Re: NitroX]
      #127911 - 24/02/09 01:03 PM

From a Google Search and the "Hunting Report".

http://www.huntingreport.com/hunting_article_details.cfm?id=946

Safari Operator Files For Bankruptcy

Published: May - 2002

Long-time Tanzanian operator Phil Lozano has filed for personal bankruptcy and included a number of hunt deposits among the debts he is seeking protection from. We have that from two subscribers who say their deposits were among those listed. One of the subscribers says he made his deposit check out to Lozano's company, not to Lozano personally, and he was fighting its inclusion in the bankruptcy proceeding. The proceeding bears close watch by anyone who has a hunt planned with Lozano.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- NEW DOCUMENT ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 10, 2003 To: The Hunting Report From: Harold E. Lee - Attorney RE: Phil Lozano

Please be advised that I represent Mr. Phillip D. Lozano and Tanzania Trophy Expeditions. This letter is in reference to an article contained in The Hunting Report, specifically Volume 22, Number 5, and subsequent e-mails. Notwithstanding the fact that some time has passed since the subject article and e-mails were written, Mr. Lozano wanted me to nevertheless respond because that article and e-mails still show up on The Hunting Report's web site.

The article and subsequent e-mails written about Mr. Lozano are misleading, untrue and do not tell the whole story. To characterize the debts listed by Mr. Lozano in his bankruptcy as "hunting deposits" is both misleading as well as being untrue. None of the creditor debts listed in Mr. Lozano's bankruptcy could be characterized as "hunting deposits". The debts listed in Mr. Lozano's bankruptcy for creditors who were associated with Mr. Lozano's business were of an amount much greater than any deposits paid to Mr. Lozano.

It should also be noted that Tanzania Trophy Expeditions was a sole proprietorship business. Thus, any business debt was also Mr. Lozano's debt. And, after filing bankruptcy, Mr. Lozano even if he had the resources to do so could not return monies to....... continued for subscribers only

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5533

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com