Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Sambar Deer Hunts of New Zealand

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunt Reports

Pages: 1
Brooks
.224 member

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Nebraska
Sambar Deer Hunts of New Zealand
      #3967 - 01/08/03 05:52 PM

I hunted with Craig Ferguson of Sambar Deer Hunts of New Zealand. Craig is Taxidermist by trade but several New Zealand Outfits have convinced him, he should start his own company for Sambar hunts. I agree with them. He knows Sambar, in my short hunt, we saw a total of four stags and five hinds. His hunts are totally free range. While I was at his place several New Zealand Hunters came in and were trying to find out where he hunted. When stopping by Shane Quinn's Alpine hunting adventures, several of his guides were trying to find out where Craig did his hunting. Craig contracts out to Shane Quinn for his Sambar Stag hunts. I had a great hunt, killled a fantastic Sambar and Sika deer. The pictures will be posted soon. You will soon see his Non-Typical Sika in the record books, it will be the new number 1, beating the old record by more than 20 points. It would be the new world record with out the extra points if he so chooses to enter it that way. When I saw it, I could not believe the size of it.

Craig, is now going to put together some free range hunting Thar and Chamois plus hunts for Red Stag and Fallow at fence in Ranch of approximately 10,000 acres. I have seen the prices they are going to be some of the lowest around. I have seen some of the fallow deer and Red Stag and they are going to be some of the best around. I saw a couple of his fallow deer and I must admit they will go top five in the record books. The owner of the place will not be bringing in Stag for just shooting as most outfits do. All animals will bred and raised on the place with limited hunting. Craig will coordinate all skinning etc. And will have all animals ready and shipped to the hunter within 90 days. Or he can have them ready for you take back as extra baggage.

--------------------
Brooks

Edited by Brooks1 (01/02/04 03:29 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  HuntReports, NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2296

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com