Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Buff in the Selous Reserve

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
shakari
.400 member

Reged: 09/02/03
Loc: South Africa
Buff in the Selous Reserve
      #3896 - 24/07/03 05:03 AM

Folks
I've just got home after a couple of early season Buff hunts in the Selous Reserve of Tanzania. The game populations were the highest I've ever seen. We hunted Buff out of herds of 80+ and all shots were taken at a range of less than 30 yards. We had lovesick Lions calling around camp every night and saw herds of Elephants on a daily basis. Plains game were too numerous to count..... we counted over 60 Hippo in one pool.

so now you know what it was like, I'll tell you that I have a few late season, 7 day Buff packages still available. They include import fee for 1 rifle per hunter, all licences, all conservation fees, crating of trophies and delivery to a shipping agent in DAR, all charters into and out of the area and the trophy fee on the 1st Buff per hunter.

The only other costs are hotels before and after the hunt, additional trophy fees (see my webite) bar bills and tips.

Cost is US$8000 for 2x1 or US$10000 for 1x1.

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
Kuduland Safaris (Africa) Ltd
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Edited by shakari (24/07/03 04:06 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Buff in the Selous Reserve [Re: shakari]
      #3899 - 24/07/03 11:40 AM

Shakari

That sounds like quite a good deal with so many costs included. Especially the 2x1 hunt.

How many days?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

shakari
.400 member

Re: Buff in the Selous Reserve [Re: NitroX]
      #3900 - 24/07/03 04:05 PM

Hi John,

Oooops, I forgot to mention that. I'll amend the post now. The hunt is the standard 7 day Tanzanian package. You fly into the area around 0900 hrs on day 1, and out on the morning of day 8. The reason the price is so good is that the Parks Board increased our Buff quota whilst I was in camp on the last hunt.....So I was able to get in quick and make a very competetive deal with the company that leases the concession from the government.

I guess I was in the right place at the right time!...

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Mpofu
.300 member

Reged: 02/01/03
      #3956 - 31/07/03 09:52 PM

What about a second Buff?
Are the observer rates seriously $400 ?
Do me a second Buff, and a better observer rate, and I'll see you in the Selous.
M.

shakari
.400 member

Re: Buff in the Selous Reserve [Re: Mpofu]
      #3966 - 01/08/03 03:37 AM

Second Buff is US$1200, Zebra is $700, Warthog $390, Impala $290 and wilderbeest is $380. The seven day licence allows you to hunt 2 Wilderbeest and 2 Buff, and 1 of the rest. The other species (gazelles & topi)that are on the 7 day licence do not occur in the Selous.

Observers fees........... I've spoken to the guy in Tanzania and he's offered to reduce it to US$300 per day.... but only on a 2x1 hunt.

If you need more info please send me an e-mail or alternatively please take a look at my website.

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Edited by shakari (05/08/03 05:13 AM)

Mpofu
.300 member

#3988 - 05/08/03 05:33 PM

Mr.Robinson,
Tony Williams(GB&W Safaris) in the UK, offers the same/similar hunt as you,though the second Buff is priced at $850.(just doing some research before booking up).
M.

shakari
.400 member

#3990 - 06/08/03 03:47 AM

Hi Mpofu,

I've known Tony for many years, and he's a nice guy. I'm not sure what he's currently offering, but I suggest that you check that all of the numerous taxes, licences, conservation fees etc are all included in his price. (They are in mine) check that the dipping and crating of trophies and delivery to a shipping agent in Dar es Salaam is included (it is in mine) Also check that all charter flights are included in his price. (they are in mine) The first Buffalo (it is in mine)...... and then check where you will be hunting. The area I use is one of the best in the entire Selous. some areas in the Selous are better than others. There are also a lot of areas adjacent to the Selous that are next to useless...... poached rotten and full of woodcutters and squatters.

I offer a very good quality hunt and feel its well worth the money. I am also well aware that there are a few cheaper hunts available than my offerings........ however, I also know the areas and I know that clients come home disappointed.

If you want a good quality hunting area, camp, vehicles and trophies then they don't come right at the bottom of the market.

Hope I've answered all your questions, but if not, please feel free to contact me either here or by e-mail.

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Edited by shakari (06/08/03 04:29 AM)

iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
      #3991 - 07/08/03 01:06 AM

Mpofu
Last month a very dear friend of mine hunted with Shakari in the Selous alongwith his son.He was extremely happy with the arrangements and the quality of the hunt.There were no hidden costs and everything went smoothly. Based on his recommendation i am also thinking of hunting with Shakari next year.

shakari
.400 member

Re: Buff in the Selous Reserve [Re: iqbal]
      #4002 - 10/08/03 01:49 AM

Mpofu,

I think you'll find that GB&W are offering a choice of 2 venues. One is outside the Selous, where the game populations will be just a fraction of the herds in the Selous. They're also offering thompsoms gazelle, grant's gazelle and topi.......... but as I previously posted, none of those species occur in the area. (or anywhere nearby) Please don't think that I'm trying to criticise Tony, he's a great guy and I have a lot of respect for him. But he's under a misapprehension if he thinks those species occur in or near the Selous.

The other hunt is with me and the trophy fee for the second Buff is $1200. However, if you have a hunting partner and are happy to take one Buff each the prices drop to around $7000 per hunter including 1 Buff each. If that's of interest, please send me an e-mail.

Wherever you book and whoever you book through, I would strongly advise that you avoid the communal areas that are situated adjacent to the Selous.

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Edited by shakari (10/08/03 08:57 PM)

Mpofu
.300 member

#4008 - 11/08/03 08:51 PM

Steve,
Thanks for that.
Problem is, at the moment it is a toss up between an Ele Bull in Zim, and a double Buff in Tanzania.
I am inclined to do Zimbabwe this year, as I don't see much future for hunting there....the way things are going.
If I go for the Ele Bull this year,then Tanzania next year is a definite.
I will be in touch.
Mpofu.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 203 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2123

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com