Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: W.J. JEFFERY & Co Double Express .475 No.2

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
W.J. JEFFERY & Co Double Express .475 No.2
      #384227 - 17/04/24 02:07 AM

W.J. JEFFERY & Co Double Express .475 No.2
For big caliber lovers, the real ones!
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
W.J. JEFFERY & Co .475 No.2 Double Rifle
For big bore lovers, true lovers !

https://www.dorleac-dorleac.com/arme/w-j-jeffery-co-express-475-no-2/

DORLEAC & DORLEAC

W.J. JEFFERY & Co .475 No.2 Double Rifle

Caliber : .475 No.2 3½" NE

Mythical "Big Bore" express rifle made circa 1909 by H. Leonard in Birmingham for W.J. JEFFERY & Co.

Built on a strong Webley Anson & Deeley boxlock action this ejector double rifle is fitted with a pair of Krupp steel 24" chopper-lump barrels caliber .475 No.2 3½" NE.

This scoop-back treble-grip action uses Purdey double sliding bolts with doll's head rib extension.

The raised matted quarter rib supports a wide V rear sight followed by four folding platinum lined express sights marked for 200, 300, 400 and 500 yards, the whole set regulated on a strong front bead under sliding protector.

The tubes are engraved "W.J. Jeffery & Co. 13 King Street. St. James's St. London." as the maker closed the King Street premises in 1914 at the outbreak of WWI and moved to a smaller shop at Bury Street.

The action, which retains a large part of color case hardening, is engraved in India style with animal vignettes bordered by large acanthus scrolls.

The A & D mechanism uses two triggers and the safety, the position of which is marked with a gold inlaid SAFE, is not automatic, as is appropriate on such a dangerous game gun.

The firing pins are bushed with retaining setscrews and don't show any cratering.

The stock, made of excellent French walnut (Juglans Regia), is perfectly sound, with no signs of cracks or defects.

The length of pull has been extended to 15¼" by the addition of a 5/8" Bakelite extension between the wood and the 1" Silver's red rubber butt pad.

The grip is black horn capped, the splinter forend bears an Anson release button while the checkering is remarkably preserved and lively for a working rifle more than a century old.

On this well-balanced double rifle, despite a weight of 11.7lb, the barrels bores are remarkably preserved, the action is tight on the face and the ejectors are in time

Excellent convergence is ensured at 65 yards.

This JEFFERY presents the epitome of the African big bore express gun, inseparable from the stories of John Hunter and other heroes of the gone era of early 20th century great safaris.

*The .475 No.2 Nitro Express cartridge is still produced by KYNAMCO LIMITED under the KYNOCH brand, loaded with a 500 grain Woodleigh bullet* CIP

Ferlacher Bockdoppelbüchse
Super Luxus Seitenschloß Bockdoppelbüchse

DORLEAC & DORLEAC
L'ATELIER DE CHASSE
44 boulevard Clemenceau
66000 PERPIGNAN - France

Phone : 33 (0)4 68 354 747
Fax : 33 (0)4 68 342 177
intal@dorleac-dorleac.com
© 2024 DORLEAC & DORLEAC - All rights reserved |

Edited by NitroX (18/04/24 12:14 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: W.J. JEFFERY & Co Double Express .475 No.2 [Re: NitroX]
      #384228 - 17/04/24 02:32 AM

Very nice rifle. What's happening at the butt? Shortened, then lengthened to original specs?

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: W.J. JEFFERY & Co Double Express .475 No.2 [Re: DarylS]
      #384230 - 17/04/24 05:41 AM

Man that is one grand old rifle - very tastefully done in my eyes!
The 475 is one HUGE round!

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: W.J. JEFFERY & Co Double Express .475 No.2 [Re: 93x64mm]
      #384237 - 17/04/24 08:43 AM

In my opinion that double is about as good as it gets, for me all the proportions are correct. A beautiful gun.

Matt.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: W.J. JEFFERY & Co Double Express .475 No.2 [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #384241 - 17/04/24 07:07 PM

I recognise a lot of my Jeffery .450 No. 2 in this rifle. But with a lot of tasteful good engraving, not over done.

This is a very nice rifle.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#384242 - 17/04/24 07:51 PM

Btw Joel posted a selection of these photographs on the NE FB group page. FB deleted it saying it goes against their "community standards", against "weapons". The actual ruleis no selling, buying, exchange of guns, weapons, ammunition etc. This was obviously not breached in Joel's post. I could not appeal, no mechanism permitted it. His original photos and comments weren't deleted. Selective targeting by farcebook.

So I reshared Joel's post to the NE FB page and an integrated NE GROUP and the SOGA group. Within minutes I re dived a breach of "FB community standards" notification. And restrictions on my personal account as "punishment". I appealed. Appeals are difficult as they purposely limit the reasons to obscure choices. Surprisingly the deletions were reversed, and my posts were reactivated. But believe it or not I was notified the sanctions personally against me would NOT be removed ....

Other admins, Robin and Lorraine, also get alot of their shares deleted. These are all shares from the likes of Rigby, Westley Richards, etc. Only the NE share is deleted, not the original gunmaker post.

FB staff are anti gun, anti hunting. While automated mechanisms are doing these deletions, the activity is very targeted. And I'm sure anti gun persons have blacklisted the ND FB group. Marxist homo faggot bullies. The future unilateral biased social credit in miniature.

These forums in the other hand are in house. Not Zuckerberg/Rothschild controlling them, enforcing gender, race, sex, buggery bias.

It is essential people support the forums directly.The FB pages and groups could be instantly deleted anytime. .Yet we have deserters who leave the forums for FB and hardly post here, yet are always posting about "freedoms". Eventually FB will become so restrictive as together unusable.

I plan to have NitroExpress.com still existing, still independent and still active.

Meanwhile enjoy Joel's photos I will soon add. Joel is an active supporter of these forums and NE.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#384252 - 18/04/24 12:15 AM

Photos added

--------------------
John aka NitroX

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #384255 - 18/04/24 02:21 AM

Face Book also removes pictures of flintlock rifles, antiques or conventional ones (I am told).
F--- the Zuk!

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 473

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com