Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Enter the 2024 Blond Bay Hog Deer ballot

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Enter the 2024 Blond Bay Hog Deer ballot
      #378687 - 17/08/23 12:43 AM

https://members.austdeer.com.au/eventdetails/19685/blond-bay-2024-ballot-test

Blond Bay 2024 Ballot

Blond Bay Ballot Entry
Start Date
31 October 2023
End Date
31 October 2023
Contact Email
Sean.Kilkenny@austdeer.asn.au
Purchase your ticket to the Blond Bay Hog Deer Ballot! Be sure to use the single registration option. If you are already an ADA member, be sure to use the email address attached to your membership.

Applications for the 2023 ballot to hunt Hog Deer in 2024 open on

3 August 2023 and closes 31 October 2023.

About the Ballot:

The entry fee to the ballot is $25.00 AUD.
All deer are free ranging
The ballot draw will be by random number generator
If drawn your hunt will occur on one of three reserves located in the Gippsland region of Victoria. These reserves are managed by Parks Victoria and include:
Blond Bay or Boole Poole near Bairnsdale; or,
Snake Island near Port Welshpool.
Where applicable, monitoring will be carried out in the balloted areas to inform the 2024 harvest.
The number of people hunting during each balloted period between February 2024 and June 2024 will be limited.
By entering this ballot, you accept that you have both read and agreed to the following conditions.

Only one application is allowed per hunter.
Multiple entries received from the same person may see your entry removed from the ballot draw.
To ensure a sustainable harvest, the sex and number of deer to be harvested by successful balloted hunters will be specified under authorisation (this can change from year-to-year).
Camping is only permitted at specified areas within each reserve.
Successful hunters will be drawn for a specified allocated period (hunting period); another period will not be made available on request.
Some of the locations, like Boole Poole and Snake Island, are remote without vehicle access and require a boat and operator that can handle difficult coastal waters to access the reserve. In addition, hunters must be self-sufficient during the balloted hunting period (up to 5 days) and physically capable. Hunters should be aware of these requirements and their personal limitations before accepting a hunt. Hunters drawn for Snake Island are encouraged to read the Game Management Authority (GMA) Fact Sheet on ‘Balloted Hog Deer hunting on Snake Island’ at gma.vic.gov.au.
Hunters must ensure that any equipment is immediately removed from the reserve at the completion of their hunt. If sharing or providing equipment to other hunters, please ensure this is done outside of the reserve. People leaving equipment or rubbish on the reserve may face significant penalties from Parks Victoria or the GMA.
Hunts are non-transferable.
By entering the ballot you agree, that if successfully drawn, to your details being provided to the Australian Deer Association who will invite you to attend a hunter education weekend prior to the balloted hunt.
By entering the ballot you agree, that if successfully drawn, to your details being provided to other hunters drawn in your period for safety and liaison purposes.
By entering the ballot you agree, that if successfully drawn, to your name and town of residence being published on hunting and government websites and social media platforms.
All hunters must hold a Victorian Game Licence endorsed for deer.
All hunters that are successfully drawn are required to attend a mandatory briefing by the GMA and Parks Victoria prior to hunting. You will be provided with your necessary authorisations and Hog Deer Tags at these briefings. You will also be required to present photographic identification AND your Victorian Game Licence at these briefings.
Unexpected factors outside the control of the BBHDAG (such as bushfires and disease) may significantly impact on hunting opportunities. The BBHDAG reserves the right to cancel hunting periods. The BBHDAG will ensure timely communication to effected hunters where practicable. Should a hunting period be cancelled after the ballot draw date, there is no obligation on the BBHDAG to provide further hunting opportunities nor does it carry any liability for hunters seeking compensation.
The BBHDAG reserves the right to remove a hunter from future ballot draws, should a successful and confirmed hunter fail to show at a briefing or fail to notify the BBHDAG of their non-attendance at least 21 days prior to their scheduled hunt, or be found to bring the programme into disrepute. Where this occurs, the hunter will be notified in writing and will have 28 days to provide a response for the consideration ot the BBHDAG.
By entering this ballot you give permission for the Australian Deer Association Inc. to contact you. You can opt out of this communication at any time.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ’S)

WHO DO I CONTACT WITH OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BALLOT?

The best way to ask questions is via the contact form on the bookings site. This will ensure that your query goes to the right person and gets answered promptly.

DO I NEED TO ATTEND THE BALLOT DRAW?

No. Most hunters don’t attend the draw and all hunters who are drawn are contacted by email. The draw is open to the public to give confidence in its integrity and to provide a great social evening for hunters. The draw is also streamed live on the Blond Bay Hog Deer Facebook page.

I DIDN’T GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL

Please check your spam filters. If the money has been deducted from your bank account your entry has been successfully entered.

DOES ADA RUN THE BALLOT?

No. The ballot is run by an independent group of hunters, the Blond Bay Hog Deer Advisory Group (BBHDAG). Membership of the BBHDAG comprises independent hunters who are also members of ADA, SSAA, GDSA, and FGA.

DOES AN ENTRY GUARANTEE ME A HUNT?

No. An entry gets you into the ballot draw. Your chances of getting drawn are typically somewhere around five per cent.

IF I ENTER FOR RIFLE HUNTING CAN I SWITCH TO BOWHUNTING…AND VICE VERSA?

Yes, if you have a shooters licence we ask that you enter that on entry. Drawn hunters have the option of using any legal method of take (firearm or bow) or could even take both on the hunt.

CAN I ENTER MORE THAN ONCE?

No – it is one entry per hunter. Data is checked before going into the draw and anyone with multiple entries forfeits all entries.

CAN I ENTER FOR A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER?

Yes, you can put in an entry for someone else, but, hunts are not transferrable – ID is checked to ensure the person who is drawn is the person who takes the hunt. Note that only one entry is allowed per email address.

CAN JUNIORS ENTER?

Yes, if they are drawn they will need to be licenced and accompanied on the hunt by a fully licensed adult.

CAN I GIVE MY HUNT TO A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND?

No, hunts are not transferrable. If you get drawn and cannot take your position it will be re-allocated by the advisory committee.

IF I AM DRAWN CAN SOMEONE COME WITH ME?

Yes, all hunts are conducted on public reserves. A friend or family member can accompany you and assist at camp etc. but they cannot assist in your hunt.

IF I GET DRAWN WILL SOMEONE HELP WITH WHERE AND HOW TO HUNT?

Yes. The BBHDAG works with the ADA to run a specific education weekend for ballot entrants.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (18/08/23 09:08 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Enter the 2024 Blond Bay Hog Deer ballot [Re: NitroX]
      #378688 - 17/08/23 12:46 AM

A story of one of my two hunts through the ballot in the mid to late 1990s.

"Luck at Boole Poole" - a hog stag hunt
http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=75951

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#378728 - 18/08/23 07:58 PM

I've bought my ticket. I've been lucky and hunted under the ballot twice, taking one trophy stag. Haven't entered the ballot for a decade or more, The hunts are at the wrong time of the year for me. If I win a ballot, can decide at the time if the allotted week is possible or not.

Rejoined the ADA as well, must have let my membership lapse again. Haven't been to a meeting for a long long time. Maybe have rejoined in time for the extermination of deer from SA? Membership of the ADA is not necessary.

The ballot is open to foreigners. Only A$25. One ticket a person only. Very cheap way to hunt a hot deer. Self hunting, but a companion can come along. No assistance hunting. So someone could assist with camping, gear etc. Airfare, maybe borrow or hire some stuff. Maybe if needed hire someone to assist with the non hunting.

Or pay huge outfitter fees for a normal non balloted hunt.

I hunted in the 1990s. Its changed since then. Now three places. It was two, Blond Bay and Boole Poole, the last where I hunted twice. Five hunters ball9ted at BP, Another five at BB. Second trip, one with us was a lady, her husband was along, including when she hunted.

The ballot allocates a week for winners, not choice or exchanging. Weeks over say two months. Allocated park. Now it might be allocated a female or a male or either. I suppose for management, not only males shot.

I'd like to hunt hog deer again, three times lucky?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#378731 - 18/08/23 09:08 PM

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 781

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com