Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: BEAR CHARGE

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
blackbearhunter
.333 member

Reged: 15/06/04
Loc: swamp
BEAR CHARGE
      #37345 - 13/09/05 09:15 PM

This Saturday was opening day archery season in my home state of Georgia.I went to a favorite Mountain huntplace to have a sit and hope for a shot on a deer.I just had settled down when i heard something behind me.I was on the ground sitting on a dove stool.I eased my head around the trunk of the tree and what met my eyes was a Bear Chargeing strieght at me snapping his teeth and growling coming fast like a freight train.Everything happened in a split second.I drew my recurve bow as i was standing up and the bear turned at 10FEET!I shot him in that split second and he ran one way and i ran the other.I am glad to be alive!Thank you JESUS!
Hes a big old male and the only pic that would turn out is the one i will post.I will try to get more pics.He was a legal kill and it was also opening Day Bear season on my area with a bow,I was very happy to have taken him,especially with just a stick and string.I will remember this day forever!I hope maybe sharing some of my good luck will rub off on some of my good friends here.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SAHUNT
Sponsor

Reged: 27/12/04
Loc: Centurion, RSA
Re: BEAR CHARGE [Re: blackbearhunter]
      #37346 - 13/09/05 09:26 PM

Well done, I think it was a shot that you will remember forever. I'm glad you had enough time to get in a shot. Looks like your son will be following your footsteps in a few years, how old s he? He sure looks proud of his dad or did he claim your trophy.

--------------------
Life is how you pass the time between hunting trips.
Sometimes I do not express myself properly in the English language, please forgive me, I am just a boertjie.
Jaco Human
jacohu@mweb.co.za
SA Hunting Experience

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #37355 - 14/09/05 12:49 AM

BBH

It seems you sure have lived up to your alias. And it sounds like it was an exciting moment. Who said black bears are harmless!

Well done and taken with an arrow as well.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

blackbearhunter
.333 member

Re: BEAR CHARGE [Re: NitroX]
      #37406 - 14/09/05 06:55 AM

Thanks Friends,Heres another pic.

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
      #38050 - 24/09/05 02:28 PM

Wow, I bet that got the pucker factor up. Did it think you were a Hucklebery?

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
      #38103 - 24/09/05 11:36 PM

Great job! Does Georgia have many bears? I've never heard much about them down there.

blackbearhunter
.333 member

Re: BEAR CHARGE [Re: mikeh416Rigby]
      #38141 - 26/09/05 12:28 AM

We have a state wide estimated population of 2500.Most are in the southern swamps and northern mountains.The kill is around 250 a year average.The population is stable and riseing.We cant use bait or dogs so they are not easy to get.Most are shot while deer hunting.I think in the southern zone dogs can be used but no bait.Short season also.All bear ranges are full and the bears need lots of space to survive so they are sorta at full capacity now.I wish we had mountain goat and big horn sheep.That would be a cool hunt!

blackbearhunter
.333 member

#38142 - 26/09/05 12:37 AM

I forgot to add that Georgia,Tennessee & North & South Carolina share the same bear populations.So a bear can actually walk across the state lines and be in different states and not know it.North carolina had a 800# bear for there record if iam not mistaken.Our record is close to 580# so thats a nice blackbear in anyones book!The record skull is something like 21-13/16 or something like that so thats a whooper as well!Fellow never knows what he might see.Its every year a wild hog is harvested that is 400-500# range and iam talking black russian boar.We have had russian boar for years and years that escaped from clubs that were brought in just for hunting.Good Luck and come vist my state it has bunches of oppertunites to have a great hunt!

blackbearhunter
.333 member

#38149 - 26/09/05 02:43 AM

Click on www.georgiaoutdoors.com or www.gohuntgeorgia.com for all the regulations and general season info.Good luck!

blackbearhunter
.333 member

#38153 - 26/09/05 03:14 AM

Also try www.georgiamagazine.com and www.ngeorgia.com

BlainSmipy
.375 member

Reged: 24/11/05
Loc: Washington, USA
      #44476 - 21/12/05 04:55 AM

I'm not suprised, I'm originally a North Georgia boy my self (from Ringgold) and I've seen some very agressive Ga. Black Bears around Helen and Desoto Falls for years. I even had to chase about five from our camp one night. They have become agressive due to camp raiding from stupid campers who will not follow bear prevention rules. The above bears were bold enough to come into our camp five times even after a being hit with large stones point blank in the head. No fear at all. I was packing my 44 mag, as always when I camp, and I damn near used it! Really spooky at night to shine your mag light into the woods and see about 20 eyes looking back from only 20 yrds away! These were well feed and large bears, I explored the area in day light the next morning and found almost 50 cans of food bitten through to get to the food inside. I found coolers, cans, pack packs, pans you name it, that had been drug off into the brush to be consumed. Well it gave the City Slickers from Atlanta a good scare.

Not seen them as agressive here in Co, but the mountain lions sure are!

Colorado

--------------------
You horde gold, I horde lead.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2177

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com