Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The Cost of Hunting Rifles...Are They Worth Their Price???

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
The Cost of Hunting Rifles...Are They Worth Their Price???
      #369220 - 13/09/22 04:24 AM

The Cost Of Hunting Rifles

By Philip Massaro -August 16, 20222

Are the most expensive hunting rifle models worth their price?

https://gundigest.com/rifles/hunting-rifles/the-cost-of-hunting-rifles

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crshelton
.333 member

Reged: 10/11/15
Loc: Republic of Texas
Re: The Cost of Hunting Rifles...Are They Worth Their Price??? [Re: Ripp]
      #369221 - 13/09/22 05:49 AM

Question-Are the most expensive hunting rifle models worth their price?

Answer - A matter of perspective.

--------------------
CRS,NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/

sharps4590
.300 member

Reged: 09/03/16
Loc: Missouri Ozarks
Re: The Cost of Hunting Rifles...Are They Worth Their Price??? [Re: crshelton]
      #369234 - 13/09/22 09:45 PM

As a former employer of mine was wont to say, "It's all a matter of taste and, there is no accounting for taste."

I can't afford the very best and I loathe cheapness, in anything. Also, there is a difference between cheap and inexpensive.

Fortunately, for me, there is an enormous number of old firearms in either ignored or obscure cartridges that were among the best of the best in their day....and few give them any notice. They are not cheap or inexpensive but, they are affordable and, I like them....there's that "taste" and "perspective" thing again

--------------------
Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John14:6

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: The Cost of Hunting Rifles...Are They Worth Their Price??? [Re: sharps4590]
      #369240 - 14/09/22 04:11 AM

Quote:

As a former employer of mine was wont to say, "It's all a matter of taste and, there is no accounting for taste."

I can't afford the very best and I loathe cheapness, in anything. Also, there is a difference between cheap and inexpensive.

Fortunately, for me, there is an enormous number of old firearms in either ignored or obscure cartridges that were among the best of the best in their day....and few give them any notice. They are not cheap or inexpensive but, they are affordable and, I like them....there's that "taste" and "perspective" thing again

I have been fortunate enough to pick up a few of the ones I have wanted over the years. There are some firearms, that frankly, if I 100M in net worth I still would not buy simply because that is the way I was raised. In my mind there comes a time of it becoming rediculous. There are other things I can put my money into that will also bring me joy and increase faster in value.. Land being one..

Agree, many of the ones I have really liked are not that expensive keeping in mind expensive is different for everyone...

Example, I have a full custom with a Mauser action in 416Rem.. Also have a Remington from their custom shop in 416Rem.. I like the Rem more that the full custom Mauser action. The Rem is 1/4th the price and it shoots better with it's Leupold than the Mauser custom with it's Zeiss glass.

Another example..had a Merkel double in 470NE..didn't like it even a little..got a WR double in the same caliber.. love it..money well spent in my mind even at triple the cost..

Have had several customs done through the years with most being a joy to carry and exceptionally accurate. BUT, also have many factory that are just as accurate as the customs..

Like you, I also hate cheapness.. IF a firearm fails me or feels like crap it will be gone or not purchased to begin with..

NO longer have many safe queens.. the way I see it, I worked hard for the money I used to buy that firearm.. so, its going to have to perform for me in return..

FlatTop45
.300 member

Reged: 31/05/16
Loc: South Texas, U.S.A.
Re: The Cost of Hunting Rifles...Are They Worth Their Price??? [Re: Ripp]
      #369249 - 14/09/22 11:35 AM

NO longer have many safe queens.. the way I see it, I worked hard for the money I used to buy that firearm.. so, its going to have to perform for me in return..

Well said!

Edited by FlatTop45 (14/09/22 11:36 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1028

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com