Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The Winchester ’94 Lever Action Rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
The Winchester ’94 Lever Action Rifle
      #367968 - 27/07/22 12:04 AM

Then and Now: The Winchester ’94 Lever Action Rifle

A look at 120 years of the best-selling sporting rifle in American history

By Aram von Benedikt | Published Jan 11, 2016 10:25 PM

A trail-worn Winchester '94 carbine beside Winchester's newer Trails End model. Aram von Benedikt

I strolled along, reluctantly following my wife into the house with the “Yard Sale” sign out front. Though she and my kids were brimming with excitement about treasures they might find hidden in the dark recesses of the century-old home, I was doubtful that it held anything capable of rousing my pulse.
A Classic Dall Sheep Hunt in the Yukon, From the Archives

Wandering into a back bedroom, I went on point tighter than a quail dog. Leaning in a corner was an old Winchester ’94 carbine—as trail-worn and tough looking as John Wayne in The Cowboys.

Twenty minutes later I was headed out the door with the old ’94 and a grin that lasted at least three days. I researched the lovely beat-up old lever-action: It was a saddle-ring model in .25/35, bluing all but worn away, and the air of a veteran about it. Sporting a serial number below one million, the rifle was manufactured in 1919. Almost a century later, this old rifle still shoots true and functions smoothly and reliably.
httpswww.outdoorlife.comsitesoutdoorlife.comfilesimport2016ODL0116_SHT12.png
The author, testing the Trail’s End model from Winchester.

Winchester lever-actions in various models (’73, ’86, ’92) deservedly earned the moniker The Gun That Won the West. Arriving somewhat late on the scene, the ’94 is praised as “the ultimate lever-action design,” and is the last and greatest of a long legacy of rifles designed when lever-actions carried more authority than the law.

Continued:
https://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/guns/2016/01/then-and-now-winchester-94-lever-action-rifle/

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: The Winchester ’94 Lever Action Rifle [Re: NitroX]
      #367971 - 27/07/22 05:14 AM

I read this article last night. I had a similar experience. Went to a gem and mineral show in AZ about 20 years ago.. saw a stock sticking out from behind a door. I asked the guy what it was.. said he wasn't a gun guy but had traded some gems for it and jut had it sitting there.. it was an old double shotgun with a WELLS FARGO logo affixed to it .. ended up walking out with it as well.. had it sent to a place out east to have it authenticated... result stated they were 94% certain it was a truly used as a stagecoach shotgun for Wells Fargo in the late 1800's to early 1900's..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 851

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com