Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New (Old) 6.5x55

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
ThreeThreeEight
.224 member

Reged: 18/05/22
Loc: BC, Canada
New (Old) 6.5x55
      #366943 - 22/06/22 01:06 AM

I am waiting for a new acquisition to arrive in the mail. Purchased a Husqvarna 1640 chambered in 6.5x55 Swede. Rifle looks to be in super condition from the pictures I saw of it. Cheap like Borscht to. I have always liked Husqvarna rifles as they are pleasant to handle and carry. Plan to use this new rifle to slay whitetails and mulies around home.

Busy rounding up some supplies to load for it. Had 6.5x55's in the past but sold them in a moment of weakness, along with the dies, etc. A guy should learn never to do that as sure as hell you will get another rifle in that chambering and need to start all over again with the dies and components.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: New (Old) 6.5x55 [Re: ThreeThreeEight]
      #366944 - 22/06/22 02:14 AM

Quote:

I am waiting for a new acquisition to arrive in the mail. Purchased a Husqvarna 1640 chambered in 6.5x55 Swede. Rifle looks to be in super condition from the pictures I saw of it. Cheap like Borscht to. I have always liked Husqvarna rifles as they are pleasant to handle and carry. Plan to use this new rifle to slay whitetails and mulies around home.

Busy rounding up some supplies to load for it. Had 6.5x55's in the past but sold them in a moment of weakness, along with the dies, etc. A guy should learn never to do that as sure as hell you will get another rifle in that chambering and need to start all over again with the dies and components.

Congrats on the purchase..

AS to reload supplies, they are still very scarce in this neck of the woods...
Best of luck to you

On the brighter side..9mm and 45acp is more readily available again..picked up 1000 rounds over the weekend.. summer handgun training..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

ThreeThreeEight
.224 member

Reged: 18/05/22
Loc: BC, Canada
Re: New (Old) 6.5x55 [Re: Ripp]
      #366946 - 22/06/22 02:36 AM

Yes reloading supplies are few and far between these days. Luckily I have located a set of dies and some new Lapua brass...the bullets I want on the other hand, are proving to be scarce as hens teeth.

Handgun ammunition is hard to get here as well, especially since our POS Prime Minister announced the new legislation they are trying to bring in that will effectively end handgun ownership. Shooters rushed out and bought up virtually all of the handguns available at gun shops and bought up all the ammo. Thankfully I already had a good supply of 9mm and I load for my .44 RM and have lots of bullets and brass....so I should be okay for a long time.

sharps4590
.333 member

Reged: 09/03/16
Loc: Missouri Ozarks
Re: New (Old) 6.5x55 [Re: ThreeThreeEight]
      #367945 - 25/07/22 04:03 AM

I bought the same rifle a few months before you. As with yourself I've always liked the Husky's, even if the later ones are a bit heavy. I don't remember what powder I used, IMR-4350 maybe(?) but with the Hornady 160 gr. RN it was hovering just over and under an inch at 100. I too have parted with other Swede's but I ain't parting with this one. It goes well with my 1903 M/S.

--------------------
Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John14:6

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: New (Old) 6.5x55 [Re: sharps4590]
      #367954 - 25/07/22 10:42 PM

ThreeThreeEight, you are da man. And a Mauser 98 Huskie!

Vintage. Perfect. Original. The best.

I rarely see Husqvarnas here.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Igorrock
.400 member

Reged: 01/03/07
Loc: Finland
Re: New (Old) 6.5x55 [Re: NitroX]
      #367964 - 26/07/22 08:04 PM

By the way; Husqvarna 1640 isnīt any real m98 action but a tad cheaper manufactured version of it. They are very common and cheap in Sverige.

--------------------
http://promaakari.wordpress.com/

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1245

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com