Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Leopard Kills 3 kids in India in 48 hours

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Asia

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Leopard Kills 3 kids in India in 48 hours
      #366838 - 18/06/22 08:51 AM

Leopard on a Killing Spree in Northern India Claims the Lives of Three Kids in 48 Hours

A 50-person team is hunting for a leopard that has killed three children

BY WADE THIEL | PUBLISHED JUN 17, 2022 9:55 AM

https://www.outdoorlife.com/survival/leo...erm=outdoorlife

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
Re: Leopard Kills 3 kids in India in 48 hours [Re: Ripp]
      #366839 - 18/06/22 09:28 AM

Just watched some random news-feed that popped up on my login:
Leopard in India bolts out of the J and smashes a cyclist riding past on the main sealed road! Bright orange shirt and all!
Lucky the cat went low and got a mouthful of metal and rubber, a bit higher and it would have tasted meat and that guy would be history.

Very sad for those kids though. Too many leopards in India these days.
A well-regulated safari industry would be the practical solution of course.
...but No: lets fund a 50-man hit-squad of "experts" instead.

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

eagle27
.400 member

Reged: 24/01/09
Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
Re: Leopard Kills 3 kids in India in 48 hours [Re: Marrakai]
      #366841 - 18/06/22 11:24 AM

Where's Jim Corbett when you need him!!!!

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Leopard Kills 3 kids in India in 48 hours [Re: eagle27]
      #366844 - 18/06/22 04:23 PM

https://www.outdoorlife.com/uploads/2022...p;height=960.48

Leopard on a Killing Spree in Northern India Claims the Lives of Three Kids in 48 Hours

A 50-person team is hunting for a leopard that has killed three children

By Wade Thiel | Published Jun 17, 2022 9:55 AM

Survival

A leopard in india killed three children and is now being hunted by authorities.
If not caught, it's likely the attacks will continue. Geoff Brooks / Unsplash

A leopard went on a killing spree in northern India this past weekend, and is believed to have killed three kids in less than 48 hours. Rutba Manzoor, 10, is the most recent victim. Her body was found in the forest near her home. Her death comes after two separate incidents—the death of 12-year-old Shahid Ahmed, and the death of Muneer Ahmad, who was 15.
In the Most Florida Press Conference Ever, Governor DeSantis Promotes This Year’s Python Challenge

Manzoor’s death sparked protests from relatives who feel the wildlife department failed to act after the first two deaths, according to The U.S. Sun. The family members blocked the Srinagar to Uri highway in response to the department’s inaction. However, authorities have since called for the death of the leopard, the Kashmir Observer reports.

Suresh Gupta, chief wildlife warden in the area, instructed his team to hunt the animal “after completing the required formalities”. He went on to say that his team will try to capture the animal by trapping or tranquilizing it before killing it.

Read Next: Leopard Attack! A True Story of Survival in the African Bush

The Department for Wildlife Protection in the region now has a 50-person team looking for the leopard. Rashid Naqash, a regional wildlife protection warden, told the Kashmir Observer he believes the team will catch the leopard soon. There are four stationary teams and one mobile team deployed to find the leopard. “This is a coordinated operation with forest protection, Jammu and Kashmir police, and locals who are trying to catch or kill the animal.”

People in the area are understandably nervous about the killer leopard on the loose. Naqash said the animal is unpredictable and he urged residents in the area to “take precaution and be aware.”

Leopard Attacks on the Rise in India

This isn’t the only leopard in the region that has killed people recently. Northern India has seen increasing development in recent decades, which has led to more clashes between humans and wildlife. In the last 15 years, 230 people have been killed by leopards, while more than 2,800 have been injured, according to the Kashmir Observer. The publication also notes that the highest number of deaths and injuries happened from 2011 to 2014, when a total of 28 people were killed.

In 2012, a leopard is believed to have killed 15 people in Nepal. In 2018, a leopard was killed near Delhi after mauling 21 people over the course of three years.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/survival/leopard-kills-three-kids-india/

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Leopard Kills 3 kids in India in 48 hours [Re: Marrakai]
      #366846 - 18/06/22 05:01 PM

Quote:

Just watched some random news-feed that popped up on my login:
Leopard in India bolts out of the J and smashes a cyclist riding past on the main sealed road! Bright orange shirt and all!
Lucky the cat went low and got a mouthful of metal and rubb

Very sad for those kids though. Too many leopards in India these days.
A well-regulated safari industry would be the practical solution of course.
...but No: lets fund a 50-man hit-squad of "experts" instead.

Yep sad about the kids.

But the fact is India has too many people. People continually encroach into wildlife areas. Cutting reeds, grass fodder, wood, tending stock, etc. 1.2 billion people where the population of India. Bangladesh and Pakistan combined was 250 million a hundred or so years ago. 50 years ago. 600 million.

The wildlife of India is ultimately doomed.

I imagine one of those 50 are beaters? I wonder how many leopards will be killed?

Absolutely an Indian safari industry would be multi beneficial. Condition wildlife to mankind. Some fear is beneficial. Meat for locals. Employment for locals. Give value to locals from wildlife and they look after it. One might quadruple their incomes. Lots of money and Forex for the country. India could charge immense fees being a new and old location. Everyone would want to go.

Leopards can thrive in mixed settled areas. I had one walk past my tent outside of a National Park. The pug marks in the sand of the creek only a few metres away.

When locals poach all the game, the carnivores turn to stock animals and even humans. Or if injured or old, humans are easier prey. As all us devotees of Corbett know

But the inane, purile, moronic Indian press would go hysterical. "Killing animals! Endangered animals!". Those urban Indian shallow bitch mouthy female "journalists" would rave about it in their fake indignation.

Never will happen unless we have a dark age first.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 769

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com