Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Wales to ban all field sports

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Wales to ban all field sports
      #364053 - 30/03/22 12:14 AM

Wales to be country sports free by 2024.
The Welsh senodd together with Natural Resources Wales have announced their intentions to ban all field sports in Wales by 2024 .
First of all Natural Resources Wales banned game shooting, the trail hunting on land managed by the Welsh government. Now angling..
Last week the Senodd announced their intentions to ban all field sports not only on land managed by their quango Natural Resources Wales but all of the principality.
Over the next 12 months the Senodd is to look at ways to implement a total ban.
When challenged on their announcement , the Senodd refused to make a comment or enter into talks with field sport organisations.
I have been informed by lawyers that for the Welsh government to impose a national Welsh ban, that permission has to be sort from Westminster.
The senodd is completely out of control and the people of wales need to make their feelings known at the next election.

From a Facebook post

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Wales to ban all field sports [Re: NitroX]
      #364054 - 30/03/22 12:19 AM

Welsh Government turns its back on countryside

December 15, 2021

The Welsh government says it no longer supports shooting sports, which casts doubt on the future of huge swathes of the Welsh countryside. Shooting organisations including the National Gamekeepers Organisation are seeking urgent meetings with Welsh ministers in order to find out if this is ignorance or simply political posturing. The NGO’s Tim Weston explains what they are trying to do to news editor Ben O’Rourke.

The Welsh government has done something rarely seen in politics: it is sticking to its manifesto. That’s bad news for shooters, as the particular issue is shooting, which it made clear, in writing, it doesn’t like.

“I understand the control of certain pest species is sometimes necessary,” wrote climate change minister Julie James, “but just to be clear, the Welsh Government do not support the shooting of live quarry as a leisure activity.”

The National Gamekeepers Organisation is disappointed with the message, which was part of a letter sent to the Aim to Sustain group of fieldsports organisations.

“Any minister that puts in black and white that they don’t support recreational shooting in a whole country needs to be taken seriously,” says Tim Weston,

The NGO is calling on all shooters in Wales to write to the minister and complain about the government’s stance. It is unclear, though, whether the Welsh government plans to take action more than announce their opposition to sport shooting.

A ban on shooting, Tim says, would be devastating.

Gamekeepers and their families will be forced to leave the country if they want to continue their careers. Millions of pounds will vanish from rural communities that rely on shoots for their livelihoods, including hotels, restaurants and shops.

Not only that, but rare species that live on grouse moors, such as curlews and lapwings, will be under threat if the land is not managed for shooting.

“It’s around £72 million per annum going into rural Wales,” says Tim, quoting an approximate figure from a couple of years ago. “That’s coming into rural Wales at the time of year when rural Wales needs it. It’s not going in in mid-summer, when there are caravans flying up and down to the coast.It’s going in in mid-winter… when it’s pouring with rain and there’s mist everywhere.

“That £72 million is still coming in and keeping many of these small businesses open.”

https://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/welshshootban/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_xukFvf5z0Y

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#364055 - 30/03/22 12:20 AM

I can't post the original image article.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#364056 - 30/03/22 12:24 AM

Natural Resources Wales refuse to further discuss trail hunting – will Angling be next to go?

21 Jan 2022 by Countryside Alliance

The Countryside Alliance challenged Natural Resources Wales (NRW) on their decision to ban trail hunting on land they manage during the board meeting in November 2021. Part of that challenge requested that NRW fully consult with our members, as well as requesting a timescale when this decision could be reviewed.

We have subsequently received a letter from Sir David Henshaw, Chair of the Board of NRW following his discussion with Claire Pillman, NRW’s Chief Executive, and whilst they acknowledge the importance of the contribution trail hunting makes to the rural economy in Wales and have expressed the will to continue working with the Alliance on such matters, there seems to be very little appetite right now to broaden the discussion around permitting lawful trail hunting.

However, in the papers submitted to the board by NRW’s Executive team prior to the November meeting, there is a clear indication that they could consider negotiating permissions in the future when they stated in the papers that “this does not prevent organisations coming forward in future requesting consideration of different agreements.”

We will naturally be very willing to continue working with Natural Resources Wales to promote the rural economy, but this decision has once again deepened the divide between the custodians of the countryside that form our membership and NRW, following on from their decision to ban lawful game shooting on land they manage. One can only anticipate that Angling will be affected next.

Posted in

Hunting Wales

https://www.countryside-alliance.org/news/2022/1/nrw-refuse-to-further-discuss-trail-hunting

--------------------
John aka NitroX

260rem
.375 member

Reged: 16/04/06
Loc: NSW Australia
      #364090 - 30/03/22 09:38 AM

That's the future for all of us if we don't get organised.

I hope they win this fight.

--------------------
One shot is all you need.

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Wales to ban all field sports [Re: 260rem]
      #364095 - 30/03/22 11:29 AM

That is a huge monetary loss for communities and the government in license fees as well, I would expect.
It would be devastating here.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Wales to ban all field sports [Re: DarylS]
      #364108 - 30/03/22 07:01 PM

The title I read and used was a bit alarmist and cry wolf.

It seems mostly to be about public land in Wales.

BUT also some study or something repeated by Wales govt body is questioning all fishing, angling etc.

Whether by incremental steps, the end objective is the same.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1260

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com