Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifle Photos & Archive

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK
      #354442 - 20/06/21 05:09 AM

H. SCHEIRING A .375 H&H MAG. (RIMLESS) JAEGER PATENT PUSH-FORWARD UNDERLEVER SINGLE-TRIGGER SIDELOCK EJECTOR DOUBLE RIFLE,

serial no. 14146, with additional 8x75RS barrels,
25 3/4in. nitro .375 H&H barrels signed in script 'H. Scheiring - Ferlach', sight rib carved with scrolling foliate designs, flip-up open sights and ramp-mounted blade fore-sight, the breech end mounted with a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 telescopic sight, serial no. R770703989, in quickly-detachable mounts, the rings with foliate carvings and gold line details;

25 3/4in. nitro 8x75RS barrels signed in script 'H. Scheiring - Ferlach', sight rib carved with scrolling foliate designs, flip-up open sights and ramp-mounted blade fore-sight, the breech end mounted with a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 telescopic sight, serial no. R770703987, in quickly-detachable mounts, the rings with foliate carvings and gold line details;

action incorporating Franz Jaeger 1909 patent 'kippblockverschluss' sprung breechblock, carved fences, manual safety, gold-inlaid cocking-indicators, non-selective single trigger, the action and furniture relief engraved with stylised scrolling acanthus leaves on a darkly matted background, the lockplates carved with African game scenes, to the left Cape buffalo grazing with a leopard watching from a tree, the the right African elephant at a watering hole, the underside with a sable antelope being attacked by a lion, the whole with gold line detailing, 14 3/4in. highly-figured pistolgrip stock, steel pistolgrip-cap engraved with scrollwork surrounding a warthog, 5/8in. rubber recoil pad, the fore-ends with schnabel tips, Deeley & Edge patent release catches and ejector / non-ejector selectors, weight 7lb. 15oz. (.375 barrels, unscoped) and 9lb. 5oz. (.375 barrels, with scope); 7lb. 6oz. (8x75RS barrels, unscoped) and 8lb. 13oz. (8x75RS barrels, with scope), in its lightweight leather case with provision for both sets of scoped barrels, together with two Reflex sights on quickly detachable rail mounts (engraved with appropriate calibre designations)

Estimate £15,000-18,000

Sold for £16,000

** Please note this item is subject to 20% VAT on the hammer price. 25% BUYERS PREMIUM

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/as...5&saletype=

H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PATENT PUSH-FORWARD UNDERLEVER SIDELOCK EJECTOR DOUBLE RIFLE

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (23/06/21 04:02 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
85lc
.375 member

Reged: 19/01/18
Loc: Georgia, USA
Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK [Re: NitroX]
      #354443 - 20/06/21 07:37 AM

John,
Thanks for posting. If only I had an extra £15,000-18,000 but it was nice just looking at these photos and maybe a little dreaming. Of course, the "255% BUYERS PREMIUM" is fairly steep, well vertical

--------------------
RB

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK [Re: 85lc]
      #354444 - 20/06/21 07:57 AM

Wow!
"this item is subject to 20% VAT on the hammer price" - you'd really have to have more than a few extra quid in your pocket for this piece!
Lovely piece as it is, way beyond most mere mortals reach.
I'm assuming that there is a typo on the buyers premium....255% like 85lc said...."VERTICAL"!

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK [Re: 93x64mm]
      #354452 - 20/06/21 09:58 PM

Yes, wow!
I assume Holt's will loose a lot of revenue from EU clients as procedure for buying from Holt's are now more complex and really more expensive:
- I have bought a lot from Holt's until the Brexit happened; very good auction company and very easy import process then.
- Now that the UK has left the EU the import process will be burdensome in terms of additional paperwork required and really more expensive because of side costs. All items not originating from the EU will be charged with VAT when imported into the EU, and even for those imported from the EU before auction, they will be charged VAT once re-imported (unless rare cases where re-export country will be the same than import country) and buyer will have to claim VAT back from his government i.e. loads of paperwork and potential for headache.
The days of easy and cost palatable sales with Holt's are gone but by chance there are many other professional auction houses left in the EU!
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK [Re: Louis]
      #354455 - 20/06/21 10:33 PM

I have to double check that its 25% which is very expensive. 255% was my typo. I decided to leave the auction recommended prices in place for future reference.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#354458 - 21/06/21 01:03 AM

Interesting choice of calibre chamberings.

Main set is the .375 H&H Magnum. While not rimmed, a very versatile choice and can be used in Europe as well as Africa. A real one gun world rifle choice.

And the second barrel is 8x75RS. the 9.3x74R necked down to 8 mm.

Personally I really like the idea of this cartridge choice. Very good choice in a break open rifle or double rifle.

Paired with a .375 not sure if it adds much? A 200 or 220 gr 8 mm, is quite different to say a 300 gr .375 and definitely to a 350 gr .375. But if one's .375 could accept ammo loaded to say 235 gr .375, would there be any need for a 8 mm?

I wouldn't say no, however if an Uncle left me in a will such a choice! No such Uncle or luck!

BTW the rifles styling is quite different to what I would usually like. A classic looking Euro double rifle, rather than a classic English look. I do prefer twin triggers. But such a rifle could grow on one. It isn't "ugly" at all to me.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#354459 - 21/06/21 01:05 AM

PS I like the engraving as well. The animals are very clightly cartoonish, but still quite acceptable and I wouldn't say no.

I have some images of engraving I WOULD SAY NO to, to load up when I get to that folder.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

85lc
.375 member

Reged: 19/01/18
Loc: Georgia, USA
      #354462 - 21/06/21 01:40 AM

John, I have been waiting for one of my uncles to leave me something like this but, unfortunately, none have and , now they are all dead, doubt I will be getting this rifle.

I agree that the 8x75 doesn't add much and thought an 7x65R would have been a better choice. However, it someone wanted to help me celebrate Father's Day and gift this rifle to me, I won't complain about caliber.

--------------------
RB

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK [Re: 85lc]
      #354464 - 21/06/21 02:06 AM

Quote:

John, I have been waiting for one of my uncles to leave me something like this but, unfortunately, none have and , now they are all dead, doubt I will be getting this rifle.

I agree that the 8x75 doesn't add much and thought an 7x65R would have been a better choice. However, it someone wanted to help me celebrate Father's Day and gift this rifle to me, I won't complain about caliber.

I know some people who do have parents or Uncles with such nice firearms, and the fights between kids and/or nieces and nephews are quite fierce.

BTW I do have my Uncle's shotguns and ,22 rimfire. He did give them to me while still around. So a nice gift. However not to the standard of this firearm by any sort of fraction! Need to see if he has found the lost and possibly broken hammer on the Stevens shotgun. I have displayed the Mauser .22 rimfire/ The .410 single shot shotgun is quite rusted and might not be safe.

Quote:

Paired with a .375 not sure if it adds much? A 200 or 220 gr 8 mm, is quite different to say a 300 gr .375 and definitely to a 350 gr .375. But if one's .375 could accept ammo loaded to say 235 gr .375, would there be any need for a 8 mm?

Of course this often is dependent on whether one handloads or not. And if handloads can be made to regulate reasonably. If one does not handload at all, one needs factory made ammo to regulate, and most likely to be 300 gr RNs/FMJs.

Then a 8mm makes a lot of sense and especially perhaps in terms of the rifles weight and balance etc.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

HeymSR20
.300 member

Reged: 23/11/11
Loc: Scotland
Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK [Re: Louis]
      #354521 - 22/06/21 10:48 AM

Quote:

Yes, wow!
I assume Holt's will loose a lot of revenue from EU clients as procedure for buying from Holt's are now more complex and really more expensive:
- I have bought a lot from Holt's until the Brexit happened; very good auction company and very easy import process then.
- Now that the UK has left the EU the import process will be burdensome in terms of additional paperwork required and really more expensive because of side costs. All items not originating from the EU will be charged with VAT when imported into the EU, and even for those imported from the EU before auction, they will be charged VAT once re-imported (unless rare cases where re-export country will be the same than import country) and buyer will have to claim VAT back from his government i.e. loads of paperwork and potential for headache.
The days of easy and cost palatable sales with Holt's are gone but by chance there are many other professional auction houses left in the EU!
Louis

Yup, BoJo promised that Brexit means we can trade with everyone with minimal hassle and paperwork. In reality it is an utter disaster where if we want to send fresh sausages to other parts of our own country - ie Northern Ireland we need extensive vetinery certificates. Just about every single business and sector has been badly affected. And there are no winners.

But I suspect with auctions where often the objects are of limited availability there will still be overseas buyers, but the pricing in their bids to include the hassle factor and costs, and this will have an effect on pricing. Be interesting to see how well these auctions actually do.

Perhaps we could auction off the Westminster government, and we will throw in the Scottish one for free!

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK [Re: HeymSR20]
      #354532 - 22/06/21 06:50 PM

Perhaps we can keep politics out of the DR forum. And also as the opening poster off this thread. You are free to start a new thread on the politics page if you like. And even if a "how to import/export" thread on the General forum.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2460

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com