Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Tactical Straight Pull - Practical Sport shotguns?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Tactical Straight Pull - Practical Sport shotguns?
      #354360 - 15/06/21 09:51 PM

Was in a gunshop a couple of weeks ago and there were several "assault rifle" looking firearms in the rack. These had box magazines, pistol grips and turned out to be all "practical sport straight pull shotguns".

The salesmen said they were $700 to $900 each. And were sused for practical shooting competition but also by farmers and other shooters.

In Australia a pump action or semi auto shotgun mostly can not be used for hunting or sport shooting of any kind. Farmers can own one each, but only for strictly pest shooting on the farm. I own a pump action shotgun, but can not use it to shoot clays or practical shotgun shooting competitions.

It seems practical sort shooters have turned to straight pull shotguns, often with pistol grips, box magazines etc.

An acquaintance of mine discussed this with me a while ago and said, such rifles and shotguns were now pretty much the standard in the rifle, shotgun, pistol practical shootings competitions. Box mags, straight pull for speed.

I want to go along with Michael to some of his competition shoots and see how it works and goes. Perhaps get involved in it myself. I have been keen on the practical handgun sport for decades, but never done it except as a guest. Now rifle and shotgun seems to be have been added on years ago.

I thought these shotgun were a lot more pricey, several thousands of dollars? But if they are sub $1000, that makes them affordable.

NOT my usual "cup of tea" with a shotgun, I prefer a very nice side by side, and despressingly have been shooting my U/O more. As I have been shooting it better. Got to get back to the side by sides again, when whatever my phsyical reasons for shooting badly change, and also practice more.

I would love to see these shotguns and also rifles used, if you shoot practical shotgun and/or rifle, photos of your guns, discussion on it.

I know our OS members may shoot very different firearms to what we do here. I want to LIMIT the discussion intially to straight pull shotguns, pump action rifles etc, which are legal in Australia for sporting use.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 540

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com