Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Almost home

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Fishing

Pages: 1
mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Almost home
      #3538 - 02/07/03 11:26 AM

I'm sittiting in the lobby of the Victoria Inn, near the airport in Winnipeg, Manitoba, having just flown here from Big Sand Lake Lodge in Northern Manitoba, where I spent 8 fantastic days fishing. It had to be the best fishing trip I was ever on! My friend and I caught between 4 and 5 hundred fish over our 8 days. Among them, were a couple of hundred Walleye Pike that ranged up to 29 inches long, with the majority of them falling in the 20 to 24 inch category. The thing is though their average weight was between 3 and 6 pounds, with the larger ones hitting 11 pounds. I've never experienced Walleye fishing like this anywhere.
We also caught a lot of Northern Pike, but we never really could pattern the "bog monsters". The largest one was caught by my friend and measured 40 inches. Quite a fish! We did manage to land quite a few in the 34 to 38 inch range, and they gave us a nice fight on the light tackle we were using. Some of the other guys staying at the lodge landed pike up to 47 inches long!
The Lake Trout fishing was excellent as well. My largest one weighed 50 pounds, and measured 49 inches.
All in all, I can't say enough about Big Sand Lake Lodge. The cabins were well equipped, the meals were excellent, and the guides really knew there stuff.
I encourage you to check out their web site at www.bigsandlakelodge.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1217

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com