Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Thoughts on a (Colt) Sheriff's Model

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
EDELWEISS
.375 member

Reged: 22/11/05
Loc: Gettysburg
Thoughts on a (Colt) Sheriff's Model
      #352789 - 28/04/21 10:08 AM

I want one to check off my have to have list. Ive got a pair of 3 1/2" 1873 clones and a custom 4" Vaquero. Thoses all have the ejector rod. They are nice guns; but I want a Sherriff's Model with a barrel between 2 3/4 and 3 inches and NO ejector assembly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=colt+she...JR_enUS860US860

There arent any current clones of the Sheriff's Model. I dont feel the "need" for an actual Colt, so Im open to 1873 clones. Im even tempted to use a Vaquero as a foundation so I can load all six chambers without fear of a dropped gun firing and not be afraid of using heavy loads. I do want 45LC for ammo compatibility in this post apocalyptic world.

Im sure I would carry it occasionally, especially while working in the shop. Im thinking Id position it butt forward at the 5 o'clock. I found a review from the early 2000's using a then new re-release of an actual Colt. Several loads were tested and produced groups from 2 to 4 inches. I cant recall the testing distance; but Im guessing 7 yards. Thats not entirely horrible for a gun designed to be used at Bad Breath range, and more like muzzle against belly distances.

So no its not some Ultra Carry auto with a 20 round mag; but then Im not planning to carry it on a mission outside the Green Zone--for that I have my Expendables Barny Ross revolver.....https://www.google.com/search?q=sylvester+stallone+expendables+revolver&rlz=1C1EXJR_enUS860US860&sxsrf=ALeKk01sgG7sFIjXw9iBFX8Qhvd0D9_vgA:1619568399607&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjbgZe50p_wAhU2ElkFHXjgBFoQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1366&bih=625

--------------------
If it's not custom, it's just borrowed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 536

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com