Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: "Teddy's" Colt at Auction

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shopping.NitroExpress.com >> Auctions

Pages: 1
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
"Teddy's" Colt at Auction
      #348402 - 24/12/20 04:19 AM

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/12/15/roosevelts-colt-single-action-revolver/

Theodore Roosevelt’s Colt Single Action Army Sold at Rock Island Auction

Posted December 15, 2020 in Daily News, History, Revolver by Nic L with 24 Comments
Tags: Colt Single Action Army, revolver, Rock Island Auction Company, Theodore Roosevelt
Roosevelt's Colt

On October 14, 1912, Theodore Roosevelt was shot while giving a speech to a crowd in Milwaukee. In a move that secures his place in history as one of the most badass presidents of all time, he declined medical treatment. Instead, he finished his 90-minute speech, bloody shirt and all. Ten days prior to this event, a gift was sent to good ol’ Teddy for his 54th birthday. The gift was a factory engraved Colt Single Action Army revolver. Roosevelt’s Colt recently sold at December 2020 Rock Island Premier Firearms Auction which the company called “The Sale of the Century”.

Roosevelt's Colt

ROCK ISLAND, Ill – A firearms auction house in Illinois has sold President Theodore Roosevelt’s Colt revolver for $1.4 million. The sale came on the second day of Rock Island Auction Company’s three day December event dubbed “The Sale of the Century.” The Colt Single Action Army revolver was ordered as a gift for Roosevelt’s 54 th birthday. Factory engraved and silver plated, it was shipped four days before his birthday, just over a week prior to the election of 1912, and ten days prior to his assassination attempt in Milwaukee, WI.

Theodore Roosevelt’s Colt Single Action Army Sells for $1.4 Million

The factory engraved Colt Single Action Army is chambered in .38 Colt and has a 4.75-inch barrel. It was plated in silver, and its ivory grips feature a carved steer head.

Roosevelt's Colt Roosevelt's Colt

Roosevelt was an avid hunter and firearms enthusiast. In fact, many animals seen on display at the Smithsonian are products of his hunting expeditions. There is a ton of information about Theodore Roosevelt, and his life makes for a very interesting read. If you’re interested in picking up some of your own historical firearms, Rock Island Auction Company is a good place to start. They are also on every platform you can imagine, including Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, YouTube, and Twitter. Look here If you’d like to see more unique firearms from December.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: "Teddy's" Colt at Auction [Re: DarylS]
      #348406 - 24/12/20 05:23 AM

Quote:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/12/15/roosevelts-colt-single-action-revolver/

Theodore Roosevelt’s Colt Single Action Army Sold at Rock Island Auction

Posted December 15, 2020 in Daily News, History, Revolver by Nic L with 24 Comments
Tags: Colt Single Action Army, revolver, Rock Island Auction Company, Theodore Roosevelt
Roosevelt's Colt

On October 14, 1912, Theodore Roosevelt was shot while giving a speech to a crowd in Milwaukee. In a move that secures his place in history as one of the most badass presidents of all time, he declined medical treatment. Instead, he finished his 90-minute speech, bloody shirt and all. Ten days prior to this event, a gift was sent to good ol’ Teddy for his 54th birthday. The gift was a factory engraved Colt Single Action Army revolver. Roosevelt’s Colt recently sold at December 2020 Rock Island Premier Firearms Auction which the company called “The Sale of the Century”.

Roosevelt's Colt

ROCK ISLAND, Ill – A firearms auction house in Illinois has sold President Theodore Roosevelt’s Colt revolver for $1.4 million. The sale came on the second day of Rock Island Auction Company’s three day December event dubbed “The Sale of the Century.” The Colt Single Action Army revolver was ordered as a gift for Roosevelt’s 54 th birthday. Factory engraved and silver plated, it was shipped four days before his birthday, just over a week prior to the election of 1912, and ten days prior to his assassination attempt in Milwaukee, WI.

Theodore Roosevelt’s Colt Single Action Army Sells for $1.4 Million

The factory engraved Colt Single Action Army is chambered in .38 Colt and has a 4.75-inch barrel. It was plated in silver, and its ivory grips feature a carved steer head.

Roosevelt's Colt Roosevelt's Colt

Roosevelt was an avid hunter and firearms enthusiast. In fact, many animals seen on display at the Smithsonian are products of his hunting expeditions. There is a ton of information about Theodore Roosevelt, and his life makes for a very interesting read. If you’re interested in picking up some of your own historical firearms, Rock Island Auction Company is a good place to start. They are also on every platform you can imagine, including Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, YouTube, and Twitter. Look here If you’d like to see more unique firearms from December.

I really enjoy reading about his life and adventures..HE had some rough times.. early deaths, etc.. but also a lot of good.. along with his infamous African adventures.

And who can forget this??
--
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

DarylS
.700 member

Re: "Teddy's" Colt at Auction [Re: Ripp]
      #348440 - 25/12/20 04:33 AM

Quite a quote!

--------------------
Daryl

TH44
.375 member

Reged: 21/02/09
Loc: West UK
      #348514 - 27/12/20 11:09 AM

Ripp - I keep that quote in one of my daybooks although I know it by heart

It is the most relevant quote I know

Along with an obscure SciFi quote by Masao in Armor

"You are what you do when it counts"

TH44

DarylS
.700 member

Re: "Teddy's" Colt at Auction [Re: TH44]
      #348534 - 28/12/20 05:50 AM

Guys 'n gals - I found this interesting. It is a narration of a hunt by Roosevelt in BC, 1901, I believe.

https://youtu.be/LvEOkru2JKs

--------------------
Daryl

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #348565 - 29/12/20 12:16 AM

Quote:

... who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

The essence is at the end.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

bwanabobftw
.375 member

Reged: 29/12/04
Loc: Texas
Re: "Teddy's" Colt at Auction [Re: NitroX]
      #349571 - 22/01/21 11:21 PM

Ripp ,
I too have a copy of this quote on my desk. My all time favorite !!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert
(TH44, I love yours as well)

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
      #349579 - 23/01/21 09:39 AM

Quote:

And who can forget this??
--
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Thanks Ripp, I've haven't heard this one before.
Something we should all aspire too!

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
      #349584 - 23/01/21 12:18 PM

Quote:

Guys 'n gals - I found this interesting. It is a narration of a hunt by Roosevelt in BC, 1901, I believe.

https://youtu.be/LvEOkru2JKs

Great story to listen to.
Thanks for the link Daryl

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1888

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com