Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Kenetrek-boots...The best hunting boot I have ever owned..

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Kenetrek-boots...The best hunting boot I have ever owned..
      #347444 - 02/12/20 02:06 AM

Ironically I was just telling my wife this weekend I need to get another pair of these but hate to as the older ones fit and feel so good... I can get the toe piece repaired from constantly climbing rocky terrain hunting goats, sheep, elk, etc...

I know everyone's feet are different and most have use have tried a lot of boots in our lifetime. For me, these are the best I have ever used, period. Currently have 3 different pair. One shorter model, one uninsulated and one insulated that I have worn the most. Wore them all elk season again this year and now finding myself wearing them around the ranch. This pair is now 6 years old and have needed nothing other than a little wax at the end of the season until the following year. Have worn them from Montana, Alaska,Kyrgyzstan (several times) Turkey,Azerbaijan and Spain to name a few.

They are on the stiffer side, especially when they are new. I believe they advise at min of 50 miles in them before they are breaking in.. The older insulated pair I have seem to get more comfortable every time I wear them.

Saw this article and fully agree with their analysis..

IF you do use them on a horse, be careful.. the lugs on the bottom grip.. do NOT put your foot all the way in the stirrup.. if horse falls you may not get your foot out and you could get dragged by your horse.. Actually happened to my friend in Kyrgyzstan.. and almost happened to me this weekend.. so I am very careful to not put foot all the way in stirrup..

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/hunt3...kenetrek-boots/

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: Kenetrek-boots...The best hunting boot I have ever owned.. [Re: Ripp]
      #347583 - 06/12/20 04:31 PM

G'Day Fella's,

Thank you for detailing your personal experience, with these brand of boots Ripp.
It is good the you still have a quality domestic Boot Maker, in the US, that you can support.

Unfortunately, we no longer have a domestic boot maker here in Oz, that makes these kind of hunting/alpine boots.
Given this, I have been wearing Scarpa brand, SL model boots for decades now (on my third pair).
Same thing, they are a pleasure to put on and wear (........ unless you are coming down seriously steep mountains), and nothing can stop your toes from being crushed, into the inside front of the boots.

Again, we are so lucky to be spoilt with quality and options, of varied products these days.

Merry Christmas
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1153

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com