Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Is Remington really dead this time?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
EDELWEISS
.375 member

Reged: 22/11/05
Loc: Gettysburg
Is Remington really dead this time?
      #344618 - 26/08/20 10:58 AM

Ive lost count of how many times Remington has declared bankruptcy. Those times were largely their own failings (or what excuse they gave stockholders). THIS time its probably not their fault (unless you consider that they should have moved away from New York years ago). THIS time its because they were ordered to close by the democratic governor. They offered to make Respirators and PPE for Corvid-19 use, but the governor still ordered them closed, then purchased supplies from China.

Theyve been closed for months. Can they recover?

--------------------
If it's not custom, it's just borrowed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Is Remington really dead this time? [Re: EDELWEISS]
      #344622 - 26/08/20 01:28 PM

the name can allways arrise, question is if there is some connection with the real firm before

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #344623 - 26/08/20 01:47 PM

Quote:

Ive lost count of how many times Remington has declared bankruptcy. Those times were largely their own failings (or what excuse they gave stockholders). THIS time its probably not their fault (unless you consider that they should have moved away from New York years ago). THIS time its because they were ordered to close by the democratic governor. They offered to make Respirators and PPE for Corvid-19 use, but the governor still ordered them closed, then purchased supplies from China.

Theyve been closed for months. Can they recover?

Mixture of emotions reading your post. My first store bought centerfire was a Remington 700 in 300 Winchester.. used that rifle only for the next 10 years.. for everything.. deer, varmints, birds, , didn't matter.. bought many after that in many different calibers in including many from the custom shop such as a .416 Rem that has made 6 trips to Africa and taken dozens of game including all of the Big Five with the exception of rhino.. I still probably have a 8 or 10.. all shoot amazingly well.. have had many semi-customs built using a Remington action ..again all shoot very well..

Felt Rem quality really took a turn into the tank for quite some time..not that they were ever the likes of higher end rifles BUT the design of that action lent itself to a very inherently accurate rifle.. many are still copying the general design of of it to this day..

As Lancaster says, any name can rise again.. Look at the Kalifornia Rigby's back in the day.. and look how great they are now after moving back and someone actually caring about the name..

Remington has a lot of competition in their general price range..

Will be interesting how this goes--great post..thank you

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

DoubleD
.400 member

Reged: 23/11/03
Loc: Retired in Oklahoma
Re: Is Remington really dead this time? [Re: Ripp]
      #344631 - 26/08/20 10:41 PM

Last I read on this, it is a strategic legal move to get out from under the Sandy Hook Lawsuit. Split the company up in pieces, no value, no gain in the suit.

Company moves on.

--------------------
DD, Ret.

EDELWEISS
.375 member

#344632 - 26/08/20 10:44 PM

There is much more than the name. I like Remington but Im far from worshiping them. I think of Remington like a Ford. Its not a bad gun, there are lots of options, lots of ways to make it better, and lots of them around the world BUT there are a few much better guns.

For me the bigger issue is the loss of a major player in the movement. Another loss to the plague. Another loss in the left's battle for gun control.

Remington offered to do a 180 degree turn around from guns to PPE and respirators BUT the dems said no. They refused to allow locals to build safety and medical equipment in the middle of the plague, instead they shut them down and bought from the Chinese who released the plague on the world.

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #344634 - 26/08/20 11:05 PM

Quote:

There is much more than the name. I like Remington but Im far from worshiping them. I think of Remington like a Ford. Its not a bad gun, there are lots of options, lots of ways to make it better, and lots of them around the world BUT there are a few much better guns.

For me the bigger issue is the loss of a major player in the movement. Another loss to the plague. Another loss in the left's battle for gun control.

Remington offered to do a 180 degree turn around from guns to PPE and respirators BUT the dems said no. They refused to allow locals to build safety and medical equipment in the middle of the plague, instead they shut them down and bought from the Chinese who released the plague on the world.

The DEMS are a treasonous lot.. Their anti-American hand is shown daily.. should be sent out on a barge.. left to drift aimlessly across the ocean..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Wayne59
.400 member

Reged: 20/06/15
Loc: Lagrange Ga. USA
      #344638 - 27/08/20 03:01 AM

Makes me think about a submarine with a torpedo.

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #344644 - 27/08/20 06:42 AM

Quote:

Trump has brought a lot of business back to being made in the US from what I can make out. I see this as the Dems trying to white ant this and stop Trumps successes as well as ending a firearms company.

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: Is Remington really dead this time? [Re: Rule303]
      #344652 - 27/08/20 10:04 PM

Well I hope someone does take up the name again & relocate both the infrastructure & ex-employees to a more "friendly" state.
It is a fine old name in firearms & would be a shame for it to bite the dust permanently.

EDELWEISS
.375 member

Re: Is Remington really dead this time? [Re: 93x64mm]
      #344654 - 27/08/20 10:31 PM

Its NOT the name. Somebody took another famous US name and scrawled on guns made in Croatia. Then tries to hide the source by shouting "S________ USA". Somebody might used the Remington name but it will still be another win for those want to take your guns.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1590

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com