Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Loading a Blaser R8...can you top load?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Rod4861
.300 member

Reged: 12/06/07
Loc: Queensland, Australia
Loading a Blaser R8...can you top load?
      #344030 - 04/08/20 04:03 PM

I own just 1 Blaser rifle...a R8 Professional. And I reckon I get asked questions about her, from fellow gun owners, far more than I do about any other firearm that I've owned.

Now apart from the statement " I heard that a Blaser blew-up !" the next most common question/statement that I'm asked / told is about loading the magazine. "you can't top load them...you have to take the magazine out to load it"

Well...I hope the below links clarify the "top loading" concerns.

https://youtu.be/kjnFM9YAQ_0

https://youtu.be/RVLLjErqezE

Cheers
Rod

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Loading a Blaser R8...can you top load? [Re: Rod4861]
      #344385 - 18/08/20 07:05 AM

AND then there is this...

Blaser R8 .22LR Conversion Review

With the introduction of the .22LR chambering option, the Blaser R8 rifle is more versatile than ever.

https://www.rifleshootermag.com/editorial/blaser-r8-review/382644

I too only own one.. but have used several while on hunts at distant locals.. last one being in Spain.. worked perfectly..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #344392 - 18/08/20 09:37 AM

Come on Rod, fess up. The questions you get asked most about the Blasser is 1) What the F! are you gay or something? 2)Have you gone insane? Well we all know you were dropped on your head as a baby so that answers question No2.

On a serious note,that answer the top loading question. Bit slow to load a full mag. A mag change would be quicker if a full mag was needed.

Can you just drop one cartridge onto the follower and close the bolt or wont it feed from this position?

Edited by Rule303 (18/08/20 09:40 AM)

Rod4861
.300 member

Re: Loading a Blaser R8...can you top load? [Re: Rule303]
      #344395 - 18/08/20 02:25 PM

Quote:

Come on Rod, fess up. The questions you get asked most about the Blasser is 1) What the F! are you gay or something? 2)Have you gone insane? Well we all know you were dropped on your head as a baby so that answers question No2.

On a serious note,that answer the top loading question. Bit slow to load a full mag. A mag change would be quicker if a full mag was needed.

Can you just drop one cartridge onto the follower and close the bolt or wont it feed from this position?

G’day Greg,

Firstly....let me set a few things straight. I was never dropped as a baby and I’ve never suffered a brain injury. (Fuck off idiot icon needed and ROFL)

Now as to the loading of the magazine in the video....it took a bit longer than normal as it was done single handed. The other hand held the camera.

You can single load the R8 by placing a cartridge directly into the chamber. However, you can’t just drop a cartridge onto the “follower “ and expect it to feed.

I’ve owned my R8 for over 4 years now, with 4 different barrels (223, 308, 30/06 and 9.3x62) and I’ve never had a failure to feed/jam.

Cheers

Rod

Rod4861
.300 member

Re: Loading a Blaser R8...can you top load? [Re: Ripp]
      #344396 - 18/08/20 02:29 PM

Quote:

AND then there is this...

Blaser R8 .22LR Conversion Review

With the introduction of the .22LR chambering option, the Blaser R8 rifle is more versatile than ever.

https://www.rifleshootermag.com/editorial/blaser-r8-review/382644

I too only own one.. but have used several while on hunts at distant locals.. last one being in Spain.. worked perfectly..

I’ve got a .22 conversion unit penciled in on my Christmas list. But I don’t think it will appear under the tree any Christmas soon...

But I want one....badly.

Cheers
Rod

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #344397 - 18/08/20 02:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

G’day Greg,

Firstly....let me set a few things straight. I was never dropped as a baby and I’ve never suffered a brain injury. (Fuck off idiot icon needed and ROFL)

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=95200&an=0&page=0&vc=1

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

EDELWEISS
.375 member

Reged: 22/11/05
Loc: Gettysburg
Re: Loading a Blaser R8...can you top load? [Re: NitroX]
      #344406 - 18/08/20 10:20 PM

MY question is what is gonna happen to Blazer with the closing of SIG? Orphan guns scare me, orphan guns that cost as much as a Blazer terrify me.

I shoot Encores, so Im familiar with the concept of switch barrel guns; but Ive never traveled with a Encore (and spare barrels and ammo), where I wouldnt have traveled with a second full gun.

--------------------
If it's not custom, it's just borrowed

Rule303
.416 member

#344415 - 19/08/20 07:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

G’day Greg,

Now as to the loading of the magazine in the video....it took a bit longer than normal as it was done single handed. The other hand held the camera.

You can single load the R8 by placing a cartridge directly into the chamber. However, you can’t just drop a cartridge onto the “follower “ and expect it to feed.

I’ve owned my R8 for over 4 years now, with 4 different barrels (223, 308, 30/06 and 9.3x62) and I’ve never had a failure to feed/jam.

Cheers

Rod

Rod4861
.300 member

Re: Loading a Blaser R8...can you top load? [Re: EDELWEISS]
      #344416 - 19/08/20 07:57 AM

Quote:

MY question is what is gonna happen to Blazer with the closing of SIG? Orphan guns scare me, orphan guns that cost as much as a Blazer terrify me.

I shoot Encores, so Im familiar with the concept of switch barrel guns; but Ive never traveled with a Encore (and spare barrels and ammo), where I wouldnt have traveled with a second full gun.

G’day mate.

Perhaps the below link will help answer the first part of your post...

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/phobias-and-irrational-fears.htm

As to the second part of your post.... I totally agree. If I had to travel with an encore I’d also pack a decent rifle too!

Cheers Rod

ROFL, takings the piss and sarcasm icons needed

Nitro X,

Apologies for not using the icons....I tried but can’t get it to work on my phone.

Rod4861
.300 member

#344417 - 19/08/20 08:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

G’day Greg,

Now as to the loading of the magazine in the video....it took a .......

Rod

G’day Greg,

Can you do me a favour and come and shoot 5 stand with me over the weekend? I’m dead set sick of coming last in the competition. You’ve no idea how much good a second last placing will do for my self esteem.
Cheers
Rod

EDELWEISS
.375 member

#344419 - 19/08/20 09:05 AM

Quote:

G’day mate....

As to the second part of your post.... I totally agree. If I had to travel with an encore I’d also pack a decent rifle too!

Cheers Rod

Hahahahaha If i had spent that much on a rifle from a company that went out of business, Id be jealous too.

Bro I liked the Blazer. I probably would have bought one sometime. Its a shame SIG went tits up and took Blazer with it.

Best

--------------------

Edited by EDELWEISS (19/08/20 09:06 AM)

Rod4861
.300 member

Re: Loading a Blaser R8...can you top load? [Re: EDELWEISS]
      #344420 - 19/08/20 10:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hahahahaha If i had spent that much on a rifle from a company that went out of business, Id be jealous too.

Bro I liked the Blazer. I probably would have bought one sometime. Its a shame SIG went tits up and took Blazer with it.

Best

Uummm.......I’ll admit defeat.

Drafting a logical response to your argument/ position is beyond me.

Cheers
Rod

EDELWEISS
.375 member

#344421 - 19/08/20 10:48 AM

No defeat Brother, just me lamenting on the demise of a high end weapon, Im envious of your rifle. Like I said Its a shame what happened with SIG.

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

#344426 - 19/08/20 12:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

G’day Greg,

Rod

G’day Greg,

Can you do me a favour and come and shoot 5 stand with me over the weekend? I’m dead set sick of coming last in the competition. You’ve no idea how much good a second last placing will do for my self esteem.
Cheers
Rod

SOME VERY FUNNY posts between the two of you.. don't stop now.. keep up the banter..

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#344432 - 19/08/20 06:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

G’day Greg,

Rod

G’day Greg,

Cheers
Rod

SOME VERY FUNNY posts between the two of you.. don't stop now.. keep up the banter..

One would need a sense of humour to use a Blaser.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Rod4861
.300 member

#344442 - 19/08/20 07:31 PM

Yep, sense of humour, thick hide, selective hearing and a high tolerance of idiots.

Edited by Rod4861 (19/08/20 09:53 PM)

Ripp
.577 member

#344446 - 19/08/20 11:47 PM

Quote:

Yep, sense of humour, thick hide, selective hearing and a high tolerance of idiots.

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

#344454 - 20/08/20 08:00 AM

Quote:

Yep, sense of humour, thick hide, selective hearing and be an idiot.

There fixed it for you. Lucky I know you well so I can actually interpret what you are trying to say.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#344457 - 20/08/20 09:10 AM

BTW I don't think the Blaser factory is being closed at all. As the SIG one being closed is elsewhere and Blaser is also made by a different group company. Unless someone has an artilce or reference suggesting it is different.

So Blasers can continue to annoy true riflemen for years to come.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Rod4861
.300 member

#344460 - 20/08/20 01:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

There fixed it for you. Lucky I know you well so I can actually interpret what you are trying to say.

Arh......finally coming out Greg. What model/s do you own?

Rod

Rod4861
.300 member

#344461 - 20/08/20 01:02 PM

Quote:

BTW I don't think the Blaser factory is being closed at all. As the SIG one being closed is elsewhere and Blaser is also made by a different group company. Unless someone has an artilce or reference suggesting it is different.

So Blasers can continue to annoy idiots for years to come.

Rule303
.416 member

#344463 - 20/08/20 08:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Arh......finally coming out Greg. What model/s do you own?

Rod

Well as I am highly intelligent, charismatic, good looking, sensible, very rational and totally sane........oh and modest, no fire arm I own has a strange name starting with B and ending with an R

Now getting back to shooting clays with you, to make you look good. Not a problem, for a mate I can miss a few.

Ripp
.577 member

#344475 - 21/08/20 09:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

So Blasers can continue to annoy idiots for years to come.

Guess I will be annoying a few as well then..

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#344480 - 21/08/20 05:41 PM

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2434

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com