Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
iomskp
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/08
Loc: Cairns Queensland Australia
Re: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA... [Re: Rule303]
      #333524 - 17/10/19 06:45 PM

The only things I liked about the glock was the mag release and the price I was paid for it, the only thing in my opinion in favor of the glock is its corrosion resistance, as far as a usable side arm there are far better out there that you don't have to spend money on to make them usable.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA... [Re: iomskp]
      #333533 - 17/10/19 10:01 PM

Quote:

I owned a Glock 34 for way to long would never buy another one, a CZ or a STI but not a glock of any sort.

I read this and thought WOW, me too. I don't own any. But dislike the Glock, don't like it much at all. And much preferred the CZ 75 I used and the STI Trojan.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA... [Re: NitroX]
      #333538 - 17/10/19 10:47 PM

Do you guys in Oz see the SIG P320 there much?

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA... [Re: NitroX]
      #333542 - 18/10/19 01:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I owned a Glock 34 for way to long would never buy another one, a CZ or a STI but not a glock of any sort.

I read this and thought WOW, me too. I don't own any. But dislike the Glock, don't like it much at all. And much preferred the CZ 75 I used and the STI Trojan.

It seems that is the story with Glock..people either love them or hate them.. I used to be a hater..but, now appreciate their reliability..yes there are others that feel better in the hand..but not sure I know of any that I have owned that are more reliable..

Personally have fired thousand and thousands of rounds through a glock, mine or otherwise..not sure I have ever had a failure ..

I have several retired special forces buddies.. all carried a Glock 43 for deep cover..all --well, all until Sig come out with the 365..now several have moved to that one..

Have another buddy who worked for the Dept of Homeland Defense.. he was given 30 days to beat the crap out of a model 17 by his superior.. He told me he fired over 50,000 rounds through it, drove over it, threw it into walls, into rivers, et..was ultimately unable to get it to fail.

I do like the 320 as mentioned by 9.3, however do not like the higher bore axis compared to the Glock and some others.. I have 320 also but have also been lesst than pleased with this one issue on the Sig models..the only one you don't notice that on is the model 365

Personally I like the H&K VP9 out of the last batch purchased in the past few years..very accurate, feels really good in the hand, and no issues as well to reliability thus far.. but only have about 2500 rounds through mine..

Another I like but gets little to no mention is the S&W 2.0.. feels great in the hand, very accurate, and also reliable.. MY EDC handgun for years was a S&W Shield..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (19/10/19 01:42 AM)

Rell
.375 member

Reged: 03/12/04
Loc: Oyster Bay, NY, USA
Re: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA... [Re: Ripp]
      #333590 - 19/10/19 12:28 AM

I still carry my P7M8 when the weather permits. Otherwise the little titanium S&W snubie in 357 Mag gets the nod.

I just don’t like the Glock but have to admit they are hell of a reliable ugly pistol.

--------------------
450-400, 9.3x74r and 7x65r.

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA... [Re: iomskp]
      #333617 - 19/10/19 07:31 PM

Quote:

The only things I liked about the glock was the mag release and the price I was paid for it, the only thing in my opinion in favor of the glock is its corrosion resistance, as far as a usable side arm there are far better out there that you don't have to spend money on to make them usable.

Please define usable.

In many tests the most reliable pistols have been, Browning Hi Power, Colt 1911, Glock and the CZ75 none of the other matched the reliability of these.

Some others are more shootable to the individual. To me the Glock has the worst grip angle of the ones I have listed, not to some others. The RAAF (as told to me by those who tested the various pistols brought in to trial) put around 3 million rounds through the first G19 they brought in for testing. When i saw it it was still going strong after the various springs had been replaced. They had been replaced a few times as it is use that kills springs.

SharpsNitro
.375 member

Reged: 12/08/08
Loc: Arizona, USA
Re: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA... [Re: Rule303]
      #339857 - 07/04/20 07:28 AM

For anyone interested, the 15 round Shield Arms magazines for the G43x/G48 are finally available. I just received a couple but haven’t been able to shoot with them yet. All reports so far say the perform fine.

SharpsNitro
.375 member

Reged: 12/08/08
Loc: Arizona, USA
Re: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA... [Re: SharpsNitro]
      #340499 - 28/04/20 12:54 PM

Shot my Shield Arms magazines today. They function fine.

Lee440
.224 member

Reged: 06/01/06
Loc: Texas
Re: Glocks NEW pistol designed to be LEGAL IN CANADA... [Re: SharpsNitro]
      #343061 - 06/07/20 04:22 AM

No surprises on the Shield mags, they are made by Checkmate Industries who supply the U.S. military with the M-14 mags, Top quality! I went to a G48 for daily carry over my 19 and could not be happier. Slim and compact, carries and conceals well. As a diehard 1911 fan, it took a while to get used to the idea of a Glock, but their reliability out of the box is outstanding and if one of mine got lost or stolen, I can just go buy another. If I lost one of my custom 45's, I'd be heartbroken!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8690

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com