Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Did I hear right? Blazer and Sig are shutting down???

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
EDELWEISS
.375 member

Reged: 22/11/05
Loc: Gettysburg
Did I hear right? Blazer and Sig are shutting down???
      #342067 - 10/06/20 10:03 AM

Sometimes working in a gun shop, with a bunch of retired cops, can be a festival of "I heards"; but this one appears to be substantiated. It seems Sig Sauer in Germany is shutting down, and along with it so is Blazer.

Sig USA is supposed to remain open mainly because of government and police contracts. Who knows what will happen when all police departments are disbanded but thats another story. Apparently Sig Germany only employs about 150 people, while Sig USA has double + that amount. Ive never seen a difference between a Sig German and a Sig USA issued duty gun; but I always looked for a German gun when buying a personal weapon. Likewise I never bought a Blazer; but it was always on my list

--------------------
If it's not custom, it's just borrowed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Did I hear right? Blazer and Sig are shutting down??? [Re: EDELWEISS]
      #343844 - 30/07/20 12:33 PM

https://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/sig-sauer-closes-in-germany/

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

DoubleD
.400 member

Reged: 23/11/03
Loc: Retired in Oklahoma
Re: Did I hear right? Blazer and Sig are shutting down??? [Re: Ripp]
      #343869 - 30/07/20 11:46 PM

Sig-USA is under a lot of heat right now over the P320. Some big lawsuits coming down the pike.

https://youtu.be/-SBpZBs3foA

--------------------
DD, Ret.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Did I hear right? Blazer and Sig are shutting down??? [Re: DoubleD]
      #343906 - 31/07/20 11:29 PM

Quote:

Sig-USA is under a lot of heat right now over the P320. Some big lawsuits coming down the pike.

https://youtu.be/-SBpZBs3foA

That should be an interesting story to follow

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Incorrect? Blazer is not shutting down??? [Re: EDELWEISS]
      #344439 - 19/08/20 07:15 PM

Quote:

Sometimes working in a gun shop, with a bunch of retired cops, can be a festival of "I heards"; but this one appears to be substantiated. It seems Sig Sauer in Germany is shutting down, and along with it so is Blazer.

Sig USA is supposed to remain open mainly because of government and police contracts. Who knows what will happen when all police departments are disbanded but thats another story. Apparently Sig Germany only employs about 150 people, while Sig USA has double + that amount. Ive never seen a difference between a Sig German and a Sig USA issued duty gun; but I always looked for a German gun when buying a personal weapon. Likewise I never bought a Blazer; but it was always on my list

Is it correct or not that Blaser is shutting down?

I don't believe it is, as the company under which Blaser is owned is under a different company and also a different factory.

Quote:

L&O Group owns Blaser, Mauser and Sauer, which are made at different locations on one campus in Isny-im-Allgau in the South of Germany. All4Shooters reports that SIG Sauer will not move production to Isny.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (19/08/20 07:24 PM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Incorrect? Blazer is not shutting down??? [Re: NitroX]
      #344440 - 19/08/20 07:25 PM

SIG Sauer closes in Germany
June 8, 2020
The German gunmaker SIG Sauer is closing in Germany.

SIG Sauer managing director Tim Castagne told employees at the plant in Eckernförde that economic problems means it will close. Reported by Germany online newspaper All4Shooters.com, around 130 employees will ‘be affected’ by the closure.

The SIG Sauer plant
SIG Sauer released this statement:

The locational disadvantages in Germany for SIG Sauer do not economically allow for manufacturing of sports and LE/military firearms in the future.

Legislation is increasingly restricting the use of sports firearms.

When awarding public contracts, both the German police and the Bundeswehr prefer a few local producers. SIG Suer is systematically excluded from tenders due to its international orientation, most of its developments originating from the USA.

Nevertheless, the shareholders have made major financial contributions to the stabilisation of the company in recent years and the company has implemented drastic cost-cutting measures.

This was intended to secure the traditional company and jobs in Germany.

In addition to the existing problems, there are the current effects of the Corona crisis, which place an additional considerable economic burden on the continuation of business operations in Eckernförde.

The German company SIG Sauer GmbH & Co.KG has been part of L&O Holding since 2000. It consists of SIG Sauer in Germany, its US sister company SIG Sauer Inc. in Newington, New Hampshire, and Swiss Arms in Neuhausen, Switzerland.

L&O Group owns Blaser, Mauser and Sauer, which are made at different locations on one campus in Isny-im-Allgau in the South of Germany. All4Shooters reports that SIG Sauer will not move production to Isny.

The Eckernförde plant produces and markets the company’s entire range of handguns and long guns. It supplies both the civilian market, which includes targetshooters, collectors and hunters, and law enforcement/military.

In 2017, SIG Sauer wrested the lucrative US military pistols contract from Beretta.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

EDELWEISS
.375 member

Reged: 22/11/05
Loc: Gettysburg
Re: Incorrect? Blazer is not shutting down??? [Re: NitroX]
      #344444 - 19/08/20 10:05 PM

The answer is IDK. The original message we got at the shop was SIG was closing in Germany and that included Blazer etc. The message did say that SIG in the USA would stay in production specifically because of their military contracts here in the US.

What this means for the other companies in the SIG family is unclear; but SIG in Germany sounds like its done.

The take away for me is the anti gun and anti hunting movement has taken over Germany enough to force political and economic measures destroying a cultural icon

--------------------
If it's not custom, it's just borrowed

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2154

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com