Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Attempt to ban hunting in EU because of covid dangers fails

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Attempt to ban hunting in EU because of covid dangers fails
      #340207 - 18/04/20 03:44 AM

Attempt to ban hunting because of "public safety dangers of covid-19" in Europe by the left and greens in the EU Parliament fails.

https://www.face.eu/2020/04/failed-attem...krUQIu33lxDnrOg

17 APR FAILED ATTEMPT TO RESTRICT HUNTING IN LIGHT OF COVID-19
Posted at 13:16h in European Parliament by FACE
A proposal to ban the trade and consumption of wildlife could have had far reaching consequences for hunting and nature conservation in Europe and globally.

On 16 April, a majority of the Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) voted against a dangerous amendment to the motion for a resolution on an ‘EU coordinated action to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and its consequences’ (link).

The amendment (AM 79) put to the vote was presented by the European United Left/Nordic Green Left group:

[ Highlights that the trading and farming of wild animals amplifies risks for public health, combining critical factors for the occurrence of zoonosis; calls on the Commission and on the EU Member States to advocate a global ban on wildlife markets and on the use of wildlife in traditional medicine; urges the Commission to present legal proposals to ban the import, the trade and the keeping and consumption of wildlife in the EU, in order to reduce the risk of future zoonosis outbreaks ]

The result of the vote (see AM 79) sends a clear message to animal rights groups, which are attempting to exploit all means to restrict hunting and other sustainable use activities in Europe in light of COVID-19:
186 MEPs in favor, 53 abstentions, 449 against.

Yesterday, FACE contacted all MEPs on this amendment underlining, amongst other points, that:

There are already existing strict harmonised rules in the EU such as the EU animal health and food safety regulations and the animal by-products regulations that set high standards on public health with regard to trade in wild animals both within the EU and animal products being imported from third countries into the EU, combining critical factors for the occurrence of zoonosis.
Wildlife trade is already well-regulated in the EU.
Wildlife trafficking is already recognised as a priority under the EU, which led to more resources devoted to it at the EU and Member State levels. The EU has an action plan against Wildlife Trafficking.
Banning the consumption of wildlife in the EU would have far reaching consequences for nature conservation in the EU and globally and would negatively affect activities such as hunting and fishing, which are well-regulated a national level.
MEP Marco Dreosto, Vice President of the “Biodiversity, Hunting, Countryside” Intergroup, was one of the first MEPs to raise attention to this amendment. The European People’s Party (EPP), Identity and Democracy (ID) and the European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR) groups voted against.

FACE and its Members expect to see more attempts in Brussels and at national level to restrict hunting and other sustainable use activities and will continue to monitor political initiatives at different levels on COVID-19.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Attempt to ban hunting in EU because of covid dangers fails [Re: NitroX]
      #340208 - 18/04/20 03:46 AM

If people can not see this farcevirus for what it really is, they are very blind.

An attempt right around the world to fundamentally change political and legal systems. To remove freedoms and rights.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
      #340234 - 18/04/20 06:05 PM

Thank you for sharing this information with us, John.
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #340249 - 19/04/20 03:39 AM

Quote:

An attempt right around the world to fundamentally change political and legal systems. To remove freedoms and rights.

That is exactly what it is & portrayed be be in the best interest of the people "for their own good". Get them to agree with it.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Attempt to ban hunting in EU because of covid dangers fails [Re: DarylS]
      #340361 - 23/04/20 03:40 AM

this is business as usual, the greens looking for every chance

in contrast to our own organisations who sleep the sleep of the just!

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Attempt to ban hunting in EU because of covid dangers fails [Re: DarylS]
      #340366 - 23/04/20 08:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That is exactly what it is & portrayed be be in the best interest of the people "for their own good". Get them to agree with it.

To true.
Thanks for posting John.

The tradition of hunting is still alive and well in Europe.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2500

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com