Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: M-S M1910 *DELETED*

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
LRF
.333 member

Reged: 28/03/11
Loc: minnesota ,usa
M-S M1910 *DELETED*
      #340151 - 16/04/20 10:29 PM

Post deleted by LRF

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LRF
.333 member

Re: M-S M1910 *DELETED* [Re: LRF]
      #340161 - 17/04/20 08:24 AM

Post deleted by LRF

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: M-S M1910 [Re: LRF]
      #340168 - 17/04/20 01:49 PM

a very nice M 1910!

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #340176 - 17/04/20 04:25 PM

Quote:

I like this image of a similar M-S back in the day:

You are going to have one of our members Rothammer bombarding you with images now. That is his father or grand-father.

Yes, it is a good image.

I like your rifle. But that new recoil pad needs to fade a bit.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Reged: 06/01/17
Loc: The Redwoods of California
      #340177 - 17/04/20 04:35 PM

Quote:

I like this image of a similar M-S back in the day:

I'm rather fond of that image, myself!

I was even more fond of Mr, John Forrest Easton, my grandfather, who is holding the M1910 Takedown Model at center of the 1932 photo. I am now its custodian and keeper and have been for decades. The leopard's claws are in the MS's fitted case, the pith helmet and (not well cured) hide have long since given way to the ravages of time.

Mr. Easton

The buttpad is a bit unfortunate. It would originally have been appointed with one of these, which do occasionally show up on Ebay.

* Good call, Nitrox!
It seems I was composing this (with photo bombardment) as you were posting .

--------------------
Citizen of the Cherokee Nation

Edited by Rothhammer1 (17/04/20 04:38 PM)

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
Re: M-S M1910 [Re: Rothhammer1]
      #340178 - 17/04/20 05:18 PM

Very nice rifle indeed!
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#340180 - 17/04/20 05:30 PM

Have you any questions regarding the 9.5X57 / .375 Rimless Nitro Express 2.25"?

Properly sized and headstamped brass is now available from Quality Cartridge (Qual-Cart) at a half decent price, proper round nosed .375 270 grain projectiles are a bit tougher to find at sub - Woodleigh prices.

As you already know or are about to find out, the pre - M1924 MS can be rather particular as to how it is fed. If cartridges are made very close to the original specifications they will feed through Herr Schoenauer's magazine as smooth as glass. If the projectile is a bit too short or too narrow at the front third they may jam as the bullet tip falls into a void (cue image bombardment).

Bombs away!

Original DWM 531 - the width of projectile ahead of the ink mark is critical to proper feeding

Loaded cartridges made from Norma 9.3X57 which has first been drawn straight, properly sized, then stuffed with 270 grain RN, can be purchased from Reed's Specialties of Oklahoma: Reed's

LRF
.333 member

#340188 - 17/04/20 09:48 PM

I appreciate the kind words some members made concerning my post and rifle. And yes time will work it wonder to soften the color of the Silvers pad.
However I decided to just delete it when another member, as predicted, loaded the post with much previously posted and unwanted noise. The post was not about the hunt picture. It was most disrespectful.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#340195 - 17/04/20 11:57 PM

Quote:

I appreciate the kind words some members made concerning my post and rifle. And yes time will work it wonder to soften the color of the Silvers pad.
However I decided to just delete it when another member, as predicted, loaded the post with much previously posted and unwanted noise. The post was not about the hunt picture. It was most disrespectful.

I think you've got to grow some tolerance ...

I was joking about his enthusiasm not criticising. I think Rotthammer is a good enthusiastic and active member.

If you don't like a post, just skip over it. And if a member on a thread is changing the topic, just ask them politely to keep to the topic or start a new thread.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (18/04/20 12:05 AM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: M-S M1910 [Re: NitroX]
      #340196 - 18/04/20 12:01 AM

PS what is far worse is making a post and having very few comments, "Nice", "Good" or like facebook a dozen likes and no comments, no interaction. On forums interaction is what drives it and keeps it going.

All of R's post were on topic btw.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#340214 - 18/04/20 07:15 AM

Quote:

Really?

My aim was not to steal anyone's thunder, trample your petunias, or any other such thing.

Many who view these threads and posts come across them via random internet searches (as I first came to NE) and may not have seen the "previously posted... noise". I understand that to see the same images repeatedly may be redundant for some 'regulars' here at Nitro Express but they may be rather informative to those who have not.

My aim is to propagate and disseminate accurate information regarding the Mannlicher Schoenauer rifles and carbines while gaining additional knowledge, myself, through discussion with informed persons.

Oddly enough, the following is a reply to a post that I had made in a rather similar fashion here on NE, 'previously posted noise' and all. This was posted two weeks ago by a member with the initials LRF. Have you heard of him?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
LRF
.224 member

Reged: 03/28/11
Re: Researching stock numbers seen on commercial M-S rifles [Re: Rothhammer1]
#339750 - 04/04/20 08:44 AM

Thanks for the response and a lot of good info provided.
My M1910 is a Half-stock ~20" barrel so I would call it a carbine. All the proofs are similar to as you explain. The London are interesting of course as it specifically says the 43 grain cordite and 270 grain bullet and .375 EX. The stock has the serial number of the action under the front receiver ring. There is a +2 and -2 similar to your "15".
With your gun being involved in the known Ceylon trade it certain adds credence to the thoughts that the impressed stock toeline numbers had something to do with guns sent to India/Ceylon.

If anyone else has information they could led please comment. Thanks to all
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding this, "The post was not about the hunt picture. It was most disrespectful.", you started this thread with two posts. One had an introduction to and images of your (very nice) M1910, the other was the "hunt picture" of my grandfather holding the M1910 that I now own .

Perhaps if you don't want dingoes about, you oughtn't throw raw meat in the yard?

If you took my post as disparaging to your M1910, it was not. It is a rather nice looking MS and your photos show plainly that the previously installed buttpad was in need of replacement. You improved it and made it functional again. The forend trim is not something I would have done, but it's your rifle. Besides, if you can tolerate one more bit of "previously posted and unwanted noise", differing stock lengths and a horn forend tip were 'cost options' offered to American buyers of new MS from Stoeger in 1939:

Bottom of left column: "Horn cap at the muzzle of sporter type"

--------------------

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: M-S M1910 [Re: NitroX]
      #340215 - 18/04/20 07:16 AM

Quote:

PS what is far worse is making a post and having very few comments, "Nice", "Good" or like facebook a dozen likes and no comments, no interaction. On forums interaction is what drives it and keeps it going.

All of R's post were on topic btw.

Thank you, Nitrox.

--------------------

Ash
.400 member

Reged: 10/05/11
Loc: Australia
      #340216 - 18/04/20 07:36 AM

Rothhammer1 I think you replied to me on a YouTube comment recommending this site (Troy and Skyelar). Already here

--------------------

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: M-S M1910 [Re: Ash]
      #340221 - 18/04/20 09:31 AM

Quote:

Rothhammer1 I think you replied to me on a YouTube comment recommending this site (Troy and Skyelar). Already here

Cool.

I often recommend this 'site to those seeking Mannlicher Schoenauer info as this Mannlicher specific forum is a rarity on the 'net.

Enjoy!

--------------------

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: M-S M1910 *DELETED* [Re: LRF]
      #340224 - 18/04/20 01:38 PM

Really, deleted post why?

There was nothing there that didn't add to to the post in a positive way. Brian is an active and very helpful member who regularly participates and helps other members with posting of photos etc. where they are unable to themselves. He is always a source of valuable information with these rifles as well as providing a great source of photos from catalogues such as the Stoeger catalogue which has much interesting information.

It would also help to remember that the "Hunting Photo" that you posted is actually of Brians Grandfather.

Post deleted. Really WTF. What sort of pussy are you where you can not even contact Brian direct to discuss your issues. Maybe best if you took your 1910 and pissed off. Seems to me if you were offended by that then its only going to get worse in the future.

Matt.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: M-S M1910 *DELETED* [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #340228 - 18/04/20 03:28 PM

Quote:

Brian is an active and very helpful member who regularly participates and helps other members with posting of photos etc. where they are unable to themselves. He is always a source of valuable information with these rifles as well as providing a great source of photos from catalogues such as the Stoeger catalogue which has much interesting information.

Why thank you, Matt. You're making me blush.
It's good to be appreciated.

BR.

--------------------

JDL
.300 member

Reged: 25/12/10
Loc: Louisiana
Re: M-S M1910 *DELETED* [Re: Rothhammer1]
      #340239 - 19/04/20 12:28 AM

M-S M1910 "DELETED" Seems rather childish to me also. Bryan is not anything if not helpful and I saw no disrespect to you displayed.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: M-S M1910 *DELETED* [Re: JDL]
      #340240 - 19/04/20 12:34 AM

Gentlemen,

I am guessing cabin fever is starting to affect more and more people, and everyone is getting grumpier.

Years ago one could observe people getting grumpy up to the start of the safari season, then it eased off.

Now with all the corona bullshit, isolation, lockdown, un-necessary and/or excessive restrictions and concerns that some in gov't are making a power play over the rights of the ordinary citizen and people, no doubt lots of us are getting grumpier again. Cabin fever.

So everyone needs to take a deep breath, and post in a calm manner. On threads or the internet in general.

Myself I can blow my top easily, then a few minutes later go and "moderate" my language. Or even better wait a while before posting. As host I do have to try to be polite and set the right atmosphere. However much I like to use a sledgehammer.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: M-S M1910 *DELETED* [Re: NitroX]
      #340241 - 19/04/20 12:36 AM

I do know I am getting very angry with our governments .... a topic for another forum/thread.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

eagle27
.400 member

Reged: 24/01/09
Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
      #340255 - 19/04/20 08:18 AM

Well said John and others. I for one hadn't seen some of the photos and info posted by R before and found them fascinating. I never have an issue with members re-posting things of commonality to other threads, do it myself at times.
Thank you Roth for having the interest to post and thank you LRF for posting about your M1910, just a shame you cannot accord others some courtesy, your display of petulance has offended every member posting here.

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#340260 - 19/04/20 09:16 AM

Quote:

Gentlemen,

I am guessing cabin fever is starting to affect more and more people, and everyone is getting grumpier.

So everyone needs to take a deep breath, and post in a calm manner. On threads or the internet in general.

At this point it seems that I really have 'hijacked' LRF's thread, which was not my intention.

I bear no animosity at all toward LRF or any other NE member and welcome further discourse and discussion from all. To put all of this down as a mild spate of 'cabin fever' and move on suits me fine.

I would like, however, to express gratitude to Nitrox, Ash, Waidmannsheill, JDL, Eagle27, for expressing their support of my posting style, even with 'previously posted noise' , and to all present and future who appreciate my posts. It really does warm the soul and I'll try not to be overtly obnoxious .

Yes, that's me.

On a lighter note:

--------------------

Rolland
.333 member

Reged: 31/12/06
Loc: Camp Verde, AZ
Re: M-S M1910 *DELETED* [Re: Rothhammer1]
      #340266 - 19/04/20 01:14 PM

I enjoy the information that is provided on this site, I did not see any problem but then I come here to learn. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

3DogMike
.400 member

Reged: 29/01/15
Loc: Western Slope, Colorado USA
Re: M-S M1910 *DELETED* [Re: Rolland]
      #340267 - 19/04/20 01:57 PM

If it were not for being a PITA using IMGUR as a photo host to be able to post here I would be doing a pithy rejoinder to Mr. LRF.

As it is I quite value the informational posts from Roth, Waidmann, Eagle, et all.......I do my best to add to the interest base as well.
- Mike

--------------------
"Here's to killing people you don't like with people you do"

"Will Rogers never met a fighter pilot"
- Anon

“Always carry a flask of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: M-S M1910 *DELETED* [Re: 3DogMike]
      #340270 - 19/04/20 03:04 PM

Quote:

If it were not for being a PITA using IMGUR as a photo host to be able to post here...

As it is I quite value the informational posts from Roth, Waidmann, Eagle, et all.......I do my best to add to the interest base as well.
- Mike

Try this: How To Post Photos on NE
and thank you, 3 Dog Mike and Rolland.

3DogMike
.400 member

Reged: 29/01/15
Loc: Western Slope, Colorado USA
      #340291 - 20/04/20 07:37 AM

Quote:

I do know I am getting very angry with our governments .... a topic for another forum/thread.

So here's to meatloaf!

--------------------
"Here's to killing people you don't like with people you do"

"Will Rogers never met a fighter pilot"
- Anon

“Always carry a flask of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5541

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com