Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 8-bore rifle barrels for sale

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shopping.NitroExpress.com >> Classifieds & Collecting

Pages: 1
Wildcatter
.224 member

Reged: 13/05/16
Loc: Austin, Texas
8-bore rifle barrels for sale
      #337831 - 11/02/20 03:58 PM

I have a few barrel blanks for sale. I have been working on an 8-bore double rifle project for the past few years; building a rifled barrel set for a London-proofed Jones underlever 8-bore shotgun. We had no luck finding a source for cut-rifled barrels in the proper caliber so we had tooling made up to button rifle some. Four of the nine barrels that were made are for sale.

The blanks are 4140 steel, 26” long and 1.625” diameter. Twist rate is 1 turn in 50” that will stabilize a lead bullet up to 1.5” in length (1600-1800 grain bullet maximum). Groove diameter is 0.850” and bore diameter is 0.840”. I chose 11 lands and grooves as many H&H and Rodda rifles for which I have seen data had that number. The grooves are about twice as wide as the lands as were most of the original 8 and 4 bore rifles I have seen.

I am using a 1335 grain mold for the regulation load for my rifle. This mold, and another throwing a 1050 gr plinking bullet , were made by Accurate Molds. I highly recommend their molds as they are truly works of art. These molds only cost $100 each, shockingly inexpensive for the quality of the molds. Both molds drop bullets of 0.852” diameter with wheel weight lead that fits perfectly in cases made by Rocky Mountain Cartridge Company. I also had a brass round ball mold made by Tanner’s in England that drops a ball of 0.856” diameter for use with my build.

I would like $600 per barrel, plus shipping. Please send me a private message if you have interest. I’m happy to share photos via email. I am also happy to share pressure test data and any other load and proof information with buyers of these barrels.

Thanks,

RC

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
casper50
.400 member

Reged: 18/10/07
Loc: Alaska
Re: 8-bore rifle barrels for sale [Re: Wildcatter]
      #337833 - 11/02/20 04:17 PM

RC this comes up at a bad time for me. Lol. I have always wanted an 8 bore rifle. Most likely a single. But, I have discovered a square bridge Westley Richards Mauser action coming up for sale at the beginning of next month that I wish to bid on. I would like to have a photo of a blank so that I can make a decision on which I'll go for now. Thanks Mike. harrell68@acsalaska.net

Wildcatter
.224 member

Reged: 13/05/16
Loc: Austin, Texas
Re: 8-bore rifle barrels for sale [Re: casper50]
      #337838 - 11/02/20 05:08 PM

Pictures sent via email.

Thanks,

RC

casper50
.400 member

Reged: 18/10/07
Loc: Alaska
Re: 8-bore rifle barrels for sale [Re: Wildcatter]
      #337857 - 12/02/20 08:42 AM

Thanks for the photos RC. Wish these were available 7 years ago when I sold my Coggie 8 bore double stock and action because I couldn't afford to have barrels made. Now I'll have to see if I can find an action again.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 889

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com