Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: the turning point

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Travel

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: the turning point [Re: 93x64mm]
      #334623 - 19/11/19 01:57 PM

I'm seeing Napoli Bay, Napoli, Vesuvius, Pompei. Now the Amalfi Coast. Maybe Herculaneum, but I have never been to that one. I do wish we had got there. Then the Isle of Capri and Tiberias's Palace on the cliffs. Back to Pompei. Thee Amalfi Coast cliff highway again. Maybe then a chip pizza! is Positano. Except cheating the box says "Malori". Back to Naples.

I enjoyed the photos a lot. Brings back memories.I enjoyed that part of Italia a lot. It is a lovely area. Naples not so much, but very historic. A little too much crime in Naples city. Lovely buildings though.

The Amalfi Coast and its cliffs is spectacular. A cliff photo every 200 metres. Unfortunately or fortunately we had a driver so only stopped a couple of times for photos. Stayed in Positano. Visistd Amalfi. Cruise along the coast.

Visited Capri. Had Tiberia's Palace all to ourselves as the Pakk was closing but the gate keeper said we could had an hour before he locked the gate. Only two other people there. Great cliffs under the ruined palace. Lovely blue seas.

I saw in your photos the Blue Grotto as well. Did you jump out and swim there? One guy in our boat did.

Some of the photos I could not recognise. I wondered if they were Calabria, but probably closer to Naples.

Did you try some of the Napoli Region wines? Campania. Not as famous as Tuscan wines, but the red wines were very good. Not as well marketed. Did not try enough of them. our driver back to Naples from Positano, gave us an hours education on Campanian Wines. Including brochures.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (19/11/19 02:08 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lancaster
.450 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: the turning point [Re: NitroX]
      #334636 - 19/11/19 09:15 PM

on the whole you get it right
yes, the pics including the skeletons were in hercanuleum. when the chip pizza was bought in malori we are somewhere on the strada statale 163 , the Amalfitana ( Amalfi Drive) which is famous for good reasons.
naples was and is a moloch! babylon is older but naples looks like a blueprint for all the third world mega citys today. mafia is there and still strong but became invisible. the petty crime is not important anymore like in the 80s but you better watch out your wallet like in any big city.notice the mafia dont want you to be victim of thieves on the street. they got their part from all the money and love satisfied tourist.

what you dont recognice is Paestum south of Naples in calabria https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paestum

Paestum is the home of something you probably know also in australia today because of the globalise food. once a greek foundation, then roman after the end of the roman empire it was given up and became a swampland. people there rear water buffalos for centuries because they love it.
what they make from the buffalo milk was a cheese we know today as Mozarella.

typical water buffalo ranch, only cows but they have also some very decent bulls with good looking horns

wine everyday, red wine seems to be ruling in calabria felix
never see local made white wine probably because of the hot climate

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Daryl_S
.600 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: the turning point [Re: 93x64mm]
      #334649 - 20/11/19 05:44 AM

At least 20 good pictures - LOL. Well done.

--------------------
Daryl

"a rifle without hammers, is like a Spaniel without ears" Edward VII

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 424

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com