Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 3 Hunters attacked by Grizzlies in 2 separate incidents

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
3 Hunters attacked by Grizzlies in 2 separate incidents
      #332485 - 18/09/19 06:59 AM

https://missoulian.com/news/state-and-re...526baaf399.html

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (18/09/19 07:00 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
Re: 3 Hunters attacked by Grizzlies in 2 separate incidents [Re: Ripp]
      #332705 - 25/09/19 10:57 AM

puts a little step in your shoe. atleast no one was killed

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: 3 Hunters attacked by Grizzlies in 2 separate incidents [Re: ducmarc]
      #332711 - 25/09/19 06:46 PM

Quote:

That area is notorious for lots of griz..I used to bowhubt there..no more..now rifle only..

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

#332712 - 25/09/19 06:59 PM

And yet another..

http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2019/09/an...xS2hoZ6LnYHX0gQ

https://missoulian.com/news/state-and-re...home-the-latest

--------------------

Edited by Ripp (26/09/19 06:28 AM)

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #332734 - 26/09/19 08:21 AM

I was wondering if the increase in bear attacks was due to increased numbers of bears. Then I realized this is only part of the reason. Increased human activity would be the main reason. This then means there are more fookwits going bush and not know what they are doing (This is probably the main reason for more deaths by bear attack).

Ripp
.577 member

Re: 3 Hunters attacked by Grizzlies in 2 separate incidents [Re: Rule303]
      #332740 - 26/09/19 05:09 PM

Quote:

I was wondering if the increase in bear attacks was due to increased numbers of bears. Then I realized this is only part of the reason. Increased human activity would be the main reason. This then means there are more fookwits going bush and not know what they are doing (This is probably the main reason for more deaths by bear attack).

There are certainly plenty of those...the last 3 were from out of state..perhaps a bit less knowledgeable about bears and hunting in the Rocky Mountains..but...there are an ass load of bears as well...

--------------------

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #332757 - 27/09/19 01:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That area is notorious for lots of griz..I used to bowhunt there..no more..now rifle only..

2 very close and local fishing buddy friends of mine were bow hunting (long bows) a bit up North of here. Len called in 5 (YES-adults) grizzlies with his elk bugle. The bears were all milling around, within 40 yards of big Dave (about 350). both guys were in full cammo but sitting on their tree stands, feet on the ground. One of the bears walked over within 15 or 20feet of Dave, looking right into his eyes, heads on same level.
With a slight wind change, they all stood up, swaying, looking around, then dropped down onto their feet and ran off- right past Len. He said they weren't 4' from his bow tip - "could have touched them with my bow".
That was the last of their bow hunting, up Dunlevy Creek (Hudson's Hope area over toward the Peace Reach), lots of bears up there and they are not the first to be "dogged" by grizzlies or calling them in with an elk bugle.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

Re: 3 Hunters attacked by Grizzlies in 2 separate incidents [Re: DarylS]
      #332758 - 27/09/19 03:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That area is notorious for lots of griz..I used to bowhunt there..no more..now rifle only..

2 very close and local fishing buddy friends of mine were bow hunting (long bows) a bit up North of here. Len called in 5 (YES-adults) grizzlies with his elk bugle. The bears were all milling around, within 40 yards of big Dave (about 350). both guys were in full cammo but sitting on their tree stands, feet on the ground. One of the bears walked over within 15 or 20feet of Dave, looking right into his eyes, heads on same level.
With a slight wind change, they all stood up, swaying, looking around, then dropped down onto their feet and ran off- right past Len. He said they weren't 4' from his bow tip - "could have touched them with my bow".
That was the last of their bow hunting, up Dunlevy Creek (Hudson's Hope area over toward the Peace Reach), lots of bears up there and they are not the first to be "dogged" by grizzlies or calling them in with an elk bugle.

there is an area south of here about an hour.. notorious for griz..F&G found out by tracking them, the griz are actually waiting around the parking lot during rifle season.. and follow the hunters.. waiting for a kill.. very, very intelligent.. and conditioned when the management behind them is based on emotion vs science .. no hunting season for 40 years.. no fear of man

--------------------

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #332762 - 27/09/19 07:03 AM

Exactly. Had a friend camping out on that Dunlevy Creek road with his teenage son - both archery hunters, who were followed by a sow grizzly and her 2yr. old cub every morning after making camp. The bears would dog them from 100 to 300 yards depending on the foliage thickness. In the evening, the bears were bedded just inside the bush off the drill site, where Dan and his boy were camped, probably 60 yards away.
After 3 days, of this, the boy's packed up and came home. He said the hair would stand up on his neck and he'd look behind to see both bears standing up watching them.
This is a 2 year old grizzly bear.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1725

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com