Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Niassa Wilderness

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Niassa Wilderness
      #332222 - 12/09/19 04:05 AM

Niassa Wilderness
At the end of last year we teamed up with Niassa Wilderness Burrard-Lucas Photography and Africa Geographic to help Save Niassa.

https://www.facebook.com/blackbeanproductions/videos/1066611446773784/?t=39

The incredible team at Niassa Wilderness are working to save this prehistoric wilderness.

Niassa really is one the most incredible places I have visited, so wild and remote, it is like the land before time. It has recently been hit hard by elephant poaching and if we don't act now - this part of Mozambique and the wildlife that call it home could be lost forever. Take the time today to watch the longer film (the link is in my bio) which we created to inspire people to get involved, share Niassa's story and the vision the Niassa Wilderness team has for the future of this jurassic wilderness.

Well done team Oli Caldow James Suter Sam Suter and Kin Media for your hard work on this. See less

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: Niassa Wilderness [Re: NitroX]
      #332227 - 12/09/19 07:08 AM

There you go, they want to stop Hunting and replace those hunting dollars with Donations. 2 Million USD per year in fact.

It will be interesting to see whether they get anything like that. A lot of armchair Wilderness Lovers might donate a small amount once, and then it will be all forgotten as they move on to the next fad.

Matt.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Niassa Wilderness [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #332277 - 12/09/19 11:33 PM

Quote:

There you go, they want to stop Hunting and replace those hunting dollars with Donations. 2 Million USD per year in fact.

It will be interesting to see whether they get anything like that. A lot of armchair Wilderness Lovers might donate a small amount once, and then it will be all forgotten as they move on to the next fad.

Matt.

Exactly --when its no longer fashionable or the public moves on to the next "worthy cause" this will be forgotten

They want to stop hunting.. f*#k'em... Let them rot.. Take care of your own shit.. Figure it out, the rest of the civilized world has, time for you boys to put on your big boy pants and get it done.. or put your hand out like a lame dick and depend on charity..

The choice is yours and always has been..just remember, which much of Africa seems not to.. actions have consequences..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (14/09/19 12:01 AM)

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Niassa Wilderness [Re: Ripp]
      #332301 - 13/09/19 08:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Matt.

Exactly --when its no longer fashionable or the public moves on to the next "worthy cause" this will be forgotten

They want to stop hunting.. f*#k'em... let them rot.. take care of your own shit.. figure it out, the rest of the civilized world has, time for you boys to put on your big boy pants and get it done.. or put your hand out like a lame dick and depend on charity.. the choice is yours and always has been..

Ripp could you be more precis and stop beating around the bush. Just actually say what you mean.

Agree with you.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Niassa Wilderness [Re: Rule303]
      #332305 - 13/09/19 02:18 PM

First time I actually watched the video. Excellent footage and acenery, What a load of human fools.

As ozhunter says on a post on the video, "very few tourists will make there way there".

If so the place is fffed.

$2 million of donations needed annually to support these anti hunting foolsdreams. Good luck. The place will be ffffed soon then.

I wonder what is really behind the switch "away" from hunting?

Those videos would cost a lot. Someone will get millions of PR dollars out of this place if they want to get anything like millions of donations. Advertisers and PR agencies will win out big. And the place will collapse anyway.

They mention they want an "intimiate experience with donors". Perhaps a playground only for the super super rich?

One of the most telling arguments I have seen was a comment once, about Tanzania. That only FOUR tourist reserves were actually profitable. The rest were lost makers. But there are over a hundred hunting resvers, over sixty in Selous alone. So without profitable hunting a poor country like Tanzania could not hope to keep all those wildlife reserves going.

AND what is wrong with hunting anyway! Nothing!

From the footage, it looks like a very lovely place. I would have loved to hunt there oneday.

BTW what are they going to do with the non elephant species? Let them breed up? I assume they have lion populations though.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2025

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com