Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: B Rizzini O/U DR Quality

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
Remington40x
.224 member

Reged: 03/05/17
Loc: Southeastern Pennsylvania, USA
B Rizzini O/U DR Quality
      #331609 - 24/08/19 03:11 AM

I'm looking at a used B. Rizzini o/u DR in 8x57. They seem like nice rifles for the price, but the LGS which has it for sale has no information on loads, etc. and no experience with them otherwise. Single trigger, which wouldn't be my first choice, but that's what it has.

Have any of you owned/used one of these and if so, what are your thoughts on the quality, how well they are regulated, etc.? I'd use it as a woods deer rifle, so it doesn't need to shoot benchrest quality groups, but I'd like both barrels regulated to something approaching 2-3 inches at 100 yards.

Thanks.

Rem

--------------------
One trigger for each barrel

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
transvaal
.300 member

Reged: 19/01/13
Loc: South Carolina
Re: B Rizzini O/U DR Quality [Re: Remington40x]
      #331611 - 24/08/19 05:00 AM

I cannot answer your question, but I can tell you this that there are at least 3 different Rizzini firms that produce guns in Italy. I believe that all of this firms are operated by Rizini's that are related to each other. One of these firms makes super high quality shotguns, I do not know if this firm also makes DR's. Beware.

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: B Rizzini O/U DR Quality [Re: transvaal]
      #331616 - 24/08/19 06:37 AM

Transvall is correct, there are or were three Rizzini companies and all are from the same family, three brothers. One builds super high grade guns, one medium to high priced and the other at the entry or lower level. I believe that the third member no longer operates and parts are hard to get. The other two are still very much in business. Quality of the upper two is very good.

Matt.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

HeymSR20
.300 member

Reged: 23/11/11
Loc: Scotland
Re: B Rizzini O/U DR Quality [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #331962 - 06/09/19 08:10 PM

We have a 20 bore B Rizzini, and it has given good service for last 15 or so years. Its a nice solid little gun that just works well. No its not a high grade Berretta, Rizzini, Ceasar Guerruni etc but then I only paid £250 for it 2nd hand.

Most of the Italian gunmakers do make over and under doubles and they generally shoot reasonably well. Is the one you are looking at an 8x57 or the 8x57R - ie it takes the rimmed version. With a break action and rimless cartridges, you have a little plunger on the extractor that goes into the groove on the cartridge and you have to pull the empty out. With a rimmed case you just tip the barrels up and they fall out.

The 8x57 and the 8x57r are both popular in Europe and good for all game.

With an over and under you will find that one barrel shoots to point of aim, and the other a bit higher. For the 100 + shots i would treat it as a single shot and use the barrel to which the sights are aligned and shoots best. The double barrel is really a shorter range rapid follow up for driven piggies type affair. Here a 2 or 3” group at 50 is more than adequate.

With any double where barrels are soldered together, you will find that as the barrels get hot shots start to wander. This is due the barrels not be able to expand evenly. With a double they are usually regulated so its a bang, bang rather bang wait a few moments and then bang for the other barrel. Ie two quick shots go close together.

I would expect it would have been regulated with factory ammo. Main European Brands will be Sellier & Bellot, RWS or Norma. I would look at one of these, and try and replicate a similar bullet weight and velocity. I would at the older and heavier bullet styles - something along the lines of https://www.sellier-bellot.cz/en/products/rifle-ammunition/rifle-ammunition-sp/detail/128/ as opposed to a modern ballistic tipped non toxic bullet.

I suppose a lot depends on the price. If the seller is holding for big money then pass, but if its a good price then why not.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2539

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com