Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The last? - Abercrombie & Fitch .270 Mauser - Mint

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shopping.NitroExpress.com >> Classifieds & Collecting

Pages: 1
Rookhawk
.224 member

Reged: 25/06/15
Loc: Illinois
The last? - Abercrombie & Fitch .270 Mauser - Mint
      #331421 - 20/08/19 01:28 AM

An Abercrombie & Fitch Mauser action rifle in .270 Winchester. The gun is in its Abercrombie & Fitch case and it includes the original purchase invoice and paper/cardboard original shipping box as well. The rifle has a high luster finish, is engraved "Abercrombie & Fitch, Beverly Hills, CA". This was one of the last rifles ever made for A&F before their untimely demise. Dual crossbolts. Jeweled Bolt. EXTREMELY lightweight. Has a long 15" length of pull. Includes talley quick detach rings and mounts. The rifle had never been fired before I acquired it. (it had no mounts or scope ever installed when I got it!) I had the case refitted to accommodate the scope. Crisp trigger. Mauser custom side safety. Sighted the gun and put 5 shots on paper. Cleaned it and put it up. This is as nice of a gentleman's long-range gun as you can as for. Rifle weighs approximately 7lbs but is quite diminutive and beautifully balanced. You could carry this all day in Africa or in the Rockies no problem.

To reduce costs, I've cut the price to best and final and I've removed the scope from the offer.

The rifle, case, paperwork, and shipping box, along with 30mm Talley rings and mounts, $3495. (USA - Lower 48)

IF you want the brand-new Leica 2-10x50mm optic that has an MSRP around $1300, with its box, papers, warranty card, etc, you can buy it with the rifle for an additional $500.

Abercrombie & Fitch, in an attempt to save the brand, opened one store in Beverly Hills, CA at the end of their storied history, circa 1978. Several Hollywood elites bought their rifles from this store before going on hunts. This rifle was then transferred from the Abercrombie & Fitch Beverly Hills CA store to Oshman's Sporting Goods (the A&F parent) and sold in 1981 to its first owner. His layaway hold paper is still taped to the rifle's shipping box. It's likely that this was the last A&F rifle ever sold.

Only one reason I'm selling this rifle so inexpensively: I bought a very expensive Double Rifle and I need to let go of some of my guns to offset the purchase.

[image]https://www.africahunting.com/attachments/screen-shot-2019-08-19-at-10-20-43-am-png.300528/[/image]

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rookhawk
.224 member

Re: The last? - Abercrombie & Fitch .270 Mauser - Mint [Re: Rookhawk]
      #331429 - 20/08/19 03:10 AM

Additional Pictures:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...86&cdn_bp=1

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
      #331433 - 20/08/19 04:29 AM

Really smart rifle in an excellent versatile caliber; you should be able to sell it quickly.
I was not aware that A&F sold Belgian Mauser rifles manufactured by Dumoulin, which they re-branded.
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #331503 - 21/08/19 08:35 PM

Hi Rookhawk, I will be featuring your rifle on one of our NE archive threads. With the images etc. Thanks. Good luck on the sale.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Rookhawk
.224 member

Re: The last? - Abercrombie & Fitch .270 Mauser - Mint [Re: NitroX]
      #331731 - 27/08/19 10:20 AM

Thanks, nitrox

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1212

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com