Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Sempert &Krieghoff insert barrel

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Pages: 1
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Sempert &Krieghoff insert barrel
      #330209 - 17/07/19 05:50 AM

for decades Krieghoff/Ulm was making insert barrel for shotgun barrels in 12 and 16 ga

called EL 22 for the 22 cm long "Einstecklauf"

and EL 44 for the 44 cm long barrel

muzzle velocity betwenn them was only +/- 15 - 20 m/sec difference so the short barrel is enough
they were made in 22 lr and 22 mag but the 22 lr is more common

there was also another version for the old 5,6x35R Vieling

this short inserts are not realy liked here today because adjustment is tricky and you buy the short .22 for 30-50 euro. with time and patience you get them on the target and I have shoot into a 20 mm circle at 50 meter.
I had the upper one here for a long time but the extractor was making problems so I take another one from an estate for 35 euro.
first I did not notice there was a difference because dont hold them side by side.

when taking the new thing for a test I see it was not the common system and when looking on the barrel I notice it was marked with "Sempert & Krieghoff Gewehrfabrik Suhl".

so they making them before the war, never know it.

Cal.16 - 22 lfB DRGM
22 lang für Büchse (lfB) means long rifle and DRGM is Deutsches Reich Geschütztes Modell (registered design)

there are little differences beside of the shorter 20 cm long barrel but even the special wrench fits

dont know how using this part for adjust the insert, the post war barrels have sliding points

raccons as an invasive species became a real pest here and when I got a call last week to help an old woman were they make trouble the new .22 got first work to do.

two at once in the trap and the 16 ga shotgun barrel work like a silencer for the .22 subsonic from the short insert. its maybe loud like a good airgun - just perfect.

have a ppk for this but shooting game in the trap is most times near the next village so its not a good idea to use the extra loud 7,65 mm from the short barrel at 6.00 a'clock in the morning

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kuduae
.400 member

Reged: 13/01/10
Loc: middle of Germany
Re: Sempert &Krieghoff insert barrel [Re: lancaster]
      #330227 - 17/07/19 07:42 PM

I too have such a prewar Sempert & Krieghoff Waffenfabrik Suhl "Semper" .22 lfb insert barrel, serial number 9197. But, other than your's, mine has the sliding adjustment points just like the postwar ones.

I guess your Einstecklauf is an earlier version, intended to be adjusted by filing or shimming the contact points. Or are there adjustment screws beneath those contact points?

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Sempert &Krieghoff insert barrel [Re: kuduae]
      #330238 - 18/07/19 05:10 AM

yes, my own is SN 5883
hope you have an idea how to adjust this thing

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

sharps4590
.300 member

Reged: 09/03/16
Loc: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Sempert &Krieghoff insert barrel [Re: lancaster]
      #330407 - 22/07/19 09:38 PM

My einstecklauf is like your post war EL and in 22LR. I had to order new slide adjusters as the ones that came on it had been filed and there was no way they could be adjusted to work in the chamber of my Thieme & Schlegelmilch drilling. Once I got the new slide adjusters it only took about 30 rounds to sight it in. It's minute of squirrel's head at 35 yards which is plenty good for no better than I can see today.

--------------------
Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John14:6

farshot
.300 member

Reged: 25/01/06
Loc: Alberta Canada
Re: Sempert &Krieghoff insert barrel [Re: sharps4590]
      #348425 - 24/12/20 03:38 PM

I just acquired a .22 LR Sempert & Krieghoff cal 12 - lfR serial# 3472 (22cm), but alas, without special tool (wrench).
Can you please post or send a picture and the dimensions of the end of the wrench (it appears to be a flattened oval) so I may try to duplicate it? Thank you

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4112

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com