Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos
      #330036 - 12/07/19 04:21 AM

A couple who managed a supermarket in eastern France has stepped down from their positions following backlash prompted by newly surfaced photos they took on an African safari in 2015.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
grandveneur
.400 member

Reged: 21/09/08
Loc: France / Germany
Re: Supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos [Re: Ripp]
      #330037 - 12/07/19 05:10 AM

The problem is the concept of the market's Super U in relation to the animal :

"LES MAGASINS U S'ENGAGENT POUR UNE NOUVELLE APPROCHE DE L'AGRICULTURE PLUS RESPECTUEUSE DES ANIMAUX ET DÉVELOPPANT DES PARTENARIATS QUI SUIVENT UN PLAN DE PROGRÈS DU BIEN-ÊTRE ANIMAL."

"The Super U markets commit to a new approach to the farming and develop partnerships that follow a progress of animal well being."

Altogether a market with animal protective orientation , and in addition the fact that people in our countries don't like hunting and hunter's.

So there is now a problem if managers of this market show themselves on pictures with animals killed by themselves.

Yochanan
.375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
Re: Supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos [Re: grandveneur]
      #330039 - 12/07/19 07:23 AM

The couple should get promotions and support Typically modus of the Politically Correctness mafia spin on things.

--------------------
© "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ´shock´unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos [Re: grandveneur]
      #330041 - 12/07/19 01:13 PM

Well if I was living in France I would not buy from that supermarket chain and let them know why.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos [Re: Rule303]
      #330044 - 12/07/19 02:41 PM

Sad for the more managers of that supermarket store.

Prejudice by the new religion of earth worshippers, whether they are known as animal rights liberationists, climate change supporters, etc, they are more and more a religion of erath tree and mud worshippers. And also haters of humanity.

If I lived in France I would be making my views known strongly and also directly to that supermarket chain.

Perhaps that store and other stores need to cease to exist.

The time for direct action is becoming more and more prevalent. Though of course saying anything like this on the net, needs to unwanted attention.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos [Re: NitroX]
      #330052 - 12/07/19 10:13 PM

So, playing devil’s advocate, the optics show thusly: the owners of the store got caught out in what appears to be hypocrisy...... Own/manage an “ organic/ethical” grocery and then use the proceeds to blow the guts out of poor helpless defenceless cutsie little animals.

Now before everyone on the board here loses their shit, I DO NOT agree that they should ever step down. I honestly don’t care how you earn your money. Commerce is commerce. There is nothing in the world that says that the owner of a world famous and highly popular and lucrative fitness gym chain can’t be an obese twinkie eating, chain smoking, drug and alcohol abusing pig. BUT, to push this hypothetical sloth out of their ownership position for their personal lifestyle choices is DEAD WRONG. PERIOD.

I suppose this is where the tree hugging weirdos of the world and I differ. I do not see ANY reason to tie a personal lifestyle choice to the way one chooses to earn a living. Ethical investing? Sure! I am surprised that anyone in this world sophisticated enough invest money would waste their time, money and future earnings/profits trying to tie commerce to ethical investing. They are generally diametrically opposed realities, but human self righteousness knows no bounds!!!!!!

Edited by Postman (12/07/19 10:20 PM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos [Re: Postman]
      #330057 - 13/07/19 12:23 AM

Quote:

S“ organic/ethical” grocery

However there is NOTHING unethical and especially non organic about hunting.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Supermarket-managers-resign-controversy-safari-photos [Re: NitroX]
      #330058 - 13/07/19 01:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

S“ organic/ethical” grocery

However there is NOTHING unethical and especially non organic about hunting.

Yup.

Everything carbon based IS organic. Greenie nut bars should be forced to study chemical engineering.

You can’t fix stupid, but maybe with just a bit of proper science based education, the green idiots may be less inclined to spew nonsensical rhetoric.

It always amazes me how the “organic” fruit is every bit as full and beautiful as the regular fertilized, bug sprayed and waxed produce, yet 5 times the price. A thinking individual would realize that regardless of price, without any human chemical intervention, the “organic” fruit would be smaller in size and quite worm eaten and bug damaged. My cherry tree in back of the house produces great fruit IF I spray for bugs and use a net to deter the birds from stripping the yield to near zero. “Organic” fruit must be magical!!!!

Edited by Postman (13/07/19 01:09 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1866

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com