Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: WTB Mannlicher barrel

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shopping.NitroExpress.com >> Classifieds & Collecting

Pages: 1
Rolland
.333 member

Reged: 31/12/06
Loc: Camp Verde, AZ
WTB Mannlicher barrel
      #327826 - 28/04/19 03:42 AM

I would like to find an 1895 Dutch Mannlicher barrel in 6.5 x 53R for a project. Prefer one with a good bore, I know its a long shot but perhaps there might be a take off barrel floating around it the world.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: WTB Mannlicher barrel [Re: Rolland]
      #327830 - 28/04/19 06:16 AM

Rolland, even if you can find an original barrel it will most likely be way to short or way to long and probably in fairly average condition especially the bore. Considering that yours is a project you are realistically better off re-barreling with a new barrel which will have the correct bore and groove size for 0.264" bullets and the headspace can be set correctly right from the start.

I have two model 1895's, one with a 25" barrel and the other with a 26" barrel. I am happy to give you the original dimensions so that you can get the barrel profiled to same profile as an English sporter.

Matt.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

Rolland
.333 member

Reged: 31/12/06
Loc: Camp Verde, AZ
Re: WTB Mannlicher barrel [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #327833 - 28/04/19 07:05 AM

Quote:

Rolland, even if you can find an original barrel it will most likely be way to short or way to long and probably in fairly average condition especially the bore. Considering that yours is a project you are realistically better off re-barreling with a new barrel which will have the correct bore and groove size for 0.264" bullets and the headspace can be set correctly right from the start.

I have two model 1895's, one with a 25" barrel and the other with a 26" barrel. I am happy to give you the original dimensions so that you can get the barrel profiled to same profile as an English sporter.

Matt.

Matt
I would be very interested in getting the dimensions I have a barrel stub that came with the action but that is all.

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: WTB Mannlicher barrel [Re: Rolland]
      #327834 - 28/04/19 07:16 AM

Happy to help. I love the 1895 Mannlichers so I would be keen to help. I also know where to get a variety of bits and pieces that you will need to make a sporter and to be able to shoot the rifle regularly.

Matt.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 605

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com