Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Trijicon- SRO Red-Dot--- First-look

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Trijicon- SRO Red-Dot--- First-look
      #327713 - 25/04/19 11:58 PM

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/201...B8gfBrSZXlm6-_8

Before we get too deep into our dive here, let me start with something simple: The Trijicon SRO (Specialized Reflex Optic) is awesome. Unfortunately, you won’t realize how awesome it is until you try one in your hands. In the meantime I’ll try to convey how awesome the SRO actually is.

Tikka T3x Arctic rifle aiming
SPONSORED CONTENT
Hunt With Excellence: The Steyr Mannlicher SM1 Rifle

Hands on the Trijicon SRO
Before we get into the nitty-gritty details of the SRO, allow me to tell you about the first time I got my greasy hands on it at SHOT Show 2019. Trijicon’s PR guy told me he has something amazing to show me; it was incredibly hush-hush. Deep down I was secretly thinking, “Oh God, I hope Trijicon hasn’t started making ARs.”

Along with a couple other members of the Athlon Outdoors team, we were led to a small, airless, nondescript room. We were essentially told that what we were about to see was to remain in that room. They hyped it up as a “top-secret game changer” — a line we had heard hundreds of times before. I mean, how often is it actually the case? Maybe once?

A few moments later a Trijicon rep charged in with a black case. He said, “OK, here we go,” and whipped out a blue gun with this small, funky looking, circular reflect sight mounted to it. Suddenly, we all started believing in that “top-secret game-changer” line from earlier. But we still wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

The Red Dot Is Always There
Now, usually when you have a red dot sight mounted to a pistol, it takes time and practice to find the red dot. You have to consistently bring it up to the same level. I brought the blue gun to eye level, and kid you not, the red dot was there

I repeated several times to confirm that it wasn’t a fluke, and it certainly wasn’t. The red dot was in my line of sight every single time. This was the one-in-100 product we were waiting for.

I brought the gun close; it was there. I held it far; it was there. I tried it with one eye closed, both eyes open, closed both eyes and opened them; the red dot was there. What about quick, jerky transitions? It was there. I put it down and picked up several times at different levels; it was there.

It was then and there that I realized I had fallen in love with an optic. I was so smitten with the Trijicon SRO and its capabilities I actually forgot about my cell phone and left it in the meeting.

Trijicon SRO Specs
I know someone is going to complain about how “tall” the SRO is. In reality, it’s only a third of an inch taller than the Trijicon RMR and it works with all RMR plates.

The SRO also features a quick-change, top-loading battery, so there is no need to dismount your optic. It uses a CR2032 battery, which will work up to three years on a setting of four. It’s all housed in 7075-T6 forged aluminum. Trijicon designed the electronics to survive 30,000 rounds. It’s also waterproof up to 30 feet.

The easy-to-control settings feature eight brightness levels and a button “lock-out” mode that secures the auto-brightness setting. You can also use the button “lock-in” mode that secures your brightness setting indefinitely. And, of course, the SRO is compatible with suppressor height iron sights.

This leads us to the question that’s probably on all of your minds: How much? Well, that’s the best part. Trijicon set the MSRP for the SRO at $739. Yes, that’s just $40 more than the RMR.

Do yourself a huge favor and try out Trijicon’s SRO. You’ll come to the same conclusion I did: It’s awesome. You can thank me later, or name your first born after me. For more information, please visit Trijicon.com.

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1388

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com