Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The Patos hunting banteng

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
The Patos hunting banteng
      #327241 - 14/04/19 03:53 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IN3oz6s..._njOzBjd0LcufHU

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: The Patos hunting banteng [Re: NitroX]
      #327242 - 14/04/19 04:07 AM

Interesting, but - shot it with a bolt actioned rifle
photo-shopped/changed (and poorly at that) to appear shooting the second shot without working the bolt - come on, that was a Bolt Action rifle, not a DB then photoed with the D.B.rifle.
2:53 - after the picture of the shooter with the DR - I stopped the video. Looked like something CNN would publish.

I truly wish they had not done that.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: The Patos hunting banteng [Re: DarylS]
      #327247 - 14/04/19 04:25 PM

very good made video +

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

eagle27
.400 member

Reged: 24/01/09
Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
Re: The Patos hunting banteng [Re: lancaster]
      #327249 - 14/04/19 04:58 PM

Quote:

very good made video +

Yes in terms of wildlife and scenery, but stupid editing of the video to make it look like the shooting was with a double rifle, Don't know who they were trying to fool. The rest of the video was edited okay with some good footage from the drone.

AND why oh why does everyone have to add f..king music to hunting video, can't we have just the natural sound of the outdoors with a little narration from the camera man, and NOT from the shooter or guide after the shot as often seen telling us what bullet, what velocity, when they last clean the barrel, when they last wiped their ass and what they got for Xmas last year.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: The Patos hunting banteng [Re: eagle27]
      #327250 - 14/04/19 06:13 PM

I noted the posing with the double rifle, but shooting with the bolt action rifle. A bit silly to have it ALL on the video. Why not actually use the double rifle to shoot?

As for the claims of editing, PERHAPS the footage needed to be edited or the footage did not include what is claimed to be edited. For example the cameraman may have switched to see the reation on the bull instead of concentrating on the reloading of the bolt action. BTW never heard about "photoshopping" a video. Certainly when I did an Adobe video editing course, there was no still phoito photoshop program ...

"wipe your arse" ... how about a bit of class in comments on NE.

Music is often used to cover noises, voices, comments etc which detract from the film. And is used to mask these destraction. Yes I thought at one point the same music was getting too much. Yes I like natural bush sounds, the sound of the shot, the sound sof herd, running, calling etc too But you know this is a FREE video

Now as we have ACTUALLY got a video to enjoy here, and I would like future ones how about a bit of positveness?

AND critical guys, please put up YOUR videos now so we can enjoy or critique them. I think I will be waiting a long time. Sure, have a laugh about the posing with a double rifle, but some positiveness is nice on NE to good efforts and an enjoyable video.

I enjoyed it. The scenes of the countryside, the seas, wetlands and rivers. The "jungle" of the Cobourg Peninsula, made me wish to have gone there last year as planned or this year as planned! But won't be. The drone footage was particularly good, even captured a big droc in the sea. I REALLY wanted to take drone footage of Cobourg when I visit. Have to get a nice drone, drone camera and learn how to use it first ..

I could have hunted banteng with the blackfellas last year. But work requirements meant in the end I couldn't fit it in. Also an outfitter offered to tack me onto another hunt if possible for a similar to blackfella price this year. Flat broke and can't afford it until who knows when ... BUT I do want to get back to the Cobourg to do a lot of photography, and a lot of filming. Hopefully one year soon. And carrying a rifle for part of it, would be an excellent extra.

Who is Three Brothers Safaris? Perhaps a Pato can fill in. Their camp looks comfortable with a solid building for clients not tents. The usual lovely seaside location. Doesn't that cliff beach and azure blue sea look inviting for a swim>!

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#327253 - 14/04/19 06:34 PM

Quote:

Who is Three Brothers Safaris? Perhaps a Pato can fill in. Their camp looks comfortable with a solid building for clients not tents. The usual lovely seaside location. Doesn't that cliff beach and azure blue sea look inviting for a swim>!

If Three Brothers is a commercial outfitter, great to see them taking out Aussies fro a banteng hunt. I watched another video by them, and it was an Aussie as well. Who thanked them on the video for giving him the opportunity to hunt banteng.

Very few Aussies get the chance the hunt banteng legally as it is so expensive usually, proiced for rich American and other foreign clients. Pricing Aussies well out of the hunts. I certainly could never have afforded the full client price. I hunted with Matt Graham at a special cost price and also as a mate of Matt's had pulled out, i filled in for Steve, Matt's mate. That hunt was with another outfitter who Matt booked banteng hunts with.

If their prices for poor Aussue natives of Australia is attractive, good on them ie Three Brothers. I hope so.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#327256 - 14/04/19 06:47 PM

If you want one to crtique I will put up another one by 3 Bros.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #327286 - 15/04/19 02:49 AM

You have a point, John. Thar finishing off footage just cranked me due to switching the rifles.
I watched the rest of the video and it was good.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: The Patos hunting banteng [Re: DarylS]
      #327290 - 15/04/19 05:44 AM

Quote:

You have a point, John. Thar finishing off footage just cranked me due to switching the rifles.
I watched the rest of the video and it was good.

Agreed...

Nice scenery ..

Switching rifles...not so much..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: The Patos hunting banteng [Re: Ripp]
      #327307 - 15/04/19 05:02 PM

My guess is the double rifles were put with the downed beasts for photographs to be used a marketing images by the outfitter. On the net, brochures, emails, newsletters etc. Always looks better to have a lovely blued steel, walnut stocked side by side double rifle than some crappy stainless steel plastic stocked abomination.

But a bit obvious with a video ...

BTW Ryan, one of the 3 Bros, shoots a double rifle. I have asked him what it is. Looks like a English vintage rifle. Just read the message, a .450 NE Army & Navy.

Maybe he can join here and tell us about thge rifle, and theiur outfitting business. I will ask him to join, if he hasn't already.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2179

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com