Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hunting in Ghana

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Karl
.275 member

Reged: 28/05/03
Loc: South Pacific
Hunting in Ghana
      #327047 - 09/04/19 09:17 PM

I wondered how recent the websites are regards hunting in Ghana. They claim several small species of duiker etc are now taken on safari?

I ask living there the general consensus was always its a no go, however according to these sites the sport is active. The main game encountered appear to be whatever the scientific name is for all the multi- colored lizards everywhere and the large bush rats!

I think lions and giraffe are almost extinct and last elephants are up in Mole. The lizards incidentally musnt be edible since they are so visibale and plentiful aka never hunted.

I was rather surprised about the lack of game and wondered if was natural, man made or generally mismanaged? Ghana suprisingly is a mile ahead of the rest of west africa being relatively law abiding and peaceful, better than a lot of the continent in fact. Bizarre.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dracb
.300 member

Reged: 28/02/13
Loc: British Columbia
Re: Hunting in Ghana [Re: Karl]
      #327073 - 10/04/19 07:24 AM

Karl
I spent a few months living in the bush in Ghana more or less 30 years or so back. I got dropped off by my client in the bush with a couple of local helpers, a cook and a minimal camp. I was struck by the general lack of not just game animals, but animals of all sorts. There must have been some beasties around because according to my camp staff there was an annual competition for teams of men to run down small antelope. I also remember that any electrical wiring left available to the local villagers disappeared faster than a smoke ring. It was explained to me that it was used to snare rats or rat like animals. Apparently there was a ready market attracting a price that was a large percentage of the local daily wage. The details did not come through clearly from my Twi speaking help since they were still teaching me twi at about a two year old level

--------------------
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 883

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com