Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: law and restrictions questions

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Pages: 1
.300 member

Reged: 15/03/05
Loc: west retreat
law and restrictions questions
      #32084 - 26/05/05 07:42 PM

what are the laws and restrictions ond black powder firearms what kind of licence do i need innsw for a colt dragoon pistol and a enfield 1858

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Plains99
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Dodge City, Kansas, USA
Re: law and restrictions questions [Re: 303]
      #32505 - 01/06/05 12:33 AM

Depends are where you are going to hunt. There are a wide variety of hunting restrictions in the States. We went to RSA to hunt with muzzleloaders and followed regular firearms regulations because we could get no clear picture from them as to what, if any special regulations they had. I wouldn't try entering any of the African countries with a handgun of any sort. A .58 caliber Enfield is capable of hunting a lot of big game... if you can find one that is accurate enough. Most of them are not because they are reproductions and sights are not readily adjustable. I've taken elk and black bear with .58 Civil War replicas but both were at ranges of less than 40 yards. The power was excellent and both animals dropped on the spot. But I've given up on finding a good straight shooting replica.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1499

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com