Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: DarylS]
      #324165 - 02/02/19 07:57 PM

The reason no one sees African PHs using Blasers is one, they cost too much, and two, they are unreliable crap ... why would ANYONE who is a serious PH carry a Blaser, when a PH could carry a reliable and trustworthy Mauser 98. CZ etc? Even the Blaser double rifles are crap and unreliable. One of our members purchased one, yes they are cheaper, he sold it before the year was out.

The R93's are well known for being dangerous. A member of years gone by had the earlier model of Blaser than the R93. He wanted to sell it. I was interested in buying it, but the price at the time was too high for me. An extremely light firearm, in 7 mm Rem Mag and .375 H&H, about 6 1/4 lbs including ammo and scope in .375. It was not pleasant to shoot.

Anyway he said the common name in German for the Blaser was "Rausch-Bomb" (or something like that).

The R8 was redisgned supposedly to remove the denied alleged problem fo the Blaser R93's bolt of blowing back into people's faces ...

However its design is also crap. A magazine of 2 rounds for at least some chamberings. Also who on Earth designs a rifle where the trigger is part of the removable magazine??? Utter crap design ...

Having said all that, I would consider having the R8 in an hot magnum cartridge chambering suitable for plains or mountain hunting, and in a light version of the rifle. The shorter length and lightweight would be handy for mountain shooting. And a inadequate magazine of two rounds only, is still one more than a single shot. And not too much of a hinderance for mountain trophy hunting.

As for the R93, seems OK, but how can one have confidence shooting it, not knowing if you are going to have an explosion in your face, even if rare. As the alleged problems IMO are very real.

I don't own any Blasers. I would consider a single shot Blaser, which are reputed to be accurate.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: Homer]
      #324167 - 02/02/19 08:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Re the R93/ I know the Australian Federal Police tested the holding power of the bolt by breaking of one locking petal at a time until down to just 3. These were spaced equal distances apart. Calibre was either 300WM or 338 Lap, do not know which one. It held.

However if it didn't lock up properly look what happened. Yes all of them have very fine tolerances and as I understand it high maintinance to keep them reliable in very dusty conditions.

G'Day Fella's,

Rule303, I have actually seen this bolt head.
It used to sit on Chis B's office desk (X-Tec/Blaser agents, at the time), as a talking piece.
Typical mind set, and lack of understanding of engineering principles, by the AFP.
If you want a good laugh, I could tell you about how they tested the Glock pistols ...............

D'oh!
Homer

Homer, please do tell in a PM. Very interested.

Cheers
Greg

fuhrmann
.333 member

Reged: 04/01/05
Loc: Switzerland
      #324169 - 02/02/19 08:22 PM

Coming back to the original question:
in my eyes the Blaser bolt action rifles are combining both:
modern engineering, with focus on slick functioning and cheap production - so a big difference to traditional gunmaking. With that focus they obviously forgot or neglected the reliability of the product.
And they are very good at marketing and that is where they spend the money saved in production...

fuhrmann

Ahmed577
.333 member

Reged: 13/06/13
Loc: Western Australia
Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: fuhrmann]
      #324172 - 02/02/19 09:27 PM

I own a blaser single shot k95 stutsen royal, 5.6 x 50R. Love the gun. No other blaser guns interest me. I have a few good mates who love BLASER in all there configurations. Buy a German Mercedes and after 40 years it won’t exist a top Blaser will with all its warts still attached.

Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: Ahmed577]
      #324173 - 03/02/19 12:16 AM

I owned a Blaser S2. I tend to forget about that one but it was accurate beyond belief when assessing each individual barrel. The barrels shot diagonal to each other and it required the judicious whack of a 2 pound ball peen hammer to bend the brass yoke at the muzzles to get both barrels shooting on the same horizontal plane. The wedge adjuster between the barrels was very effective at drawing the individual barrel groups together but only on the horizontal plane once hammer surgery was performed for the vertical plane, for an incredibly accurate composite group at 100 yards. This thing was in .470NE. The Blaser saddle mount was excellent to quickly (and repeatably) mount and remove scopes for accuracy testing.

The tilting block was hell for strong and the incredible strength gave me the confidence to do a lot of load development experimenting - confidence I would not have had with a traditional hinged double. I was also new to the big nitro express calibers at the time so I was naiive as to what made a good double rifle. It was a costly first endeavor,

Negatives? Yup:

1. Ergonomics that would make a steel two by four more appealing.
2. Hood over the barrels necessary for the action lockup made loading slow.
3. Extractors only. Some would see this as a feature. Others would see this as a defect
4. The cocking device would uncock upon opening whether the cartidges were or were not discharged. Very safe but utterly slow and reqiures retraining one’s brain to remember to recock the rifle every time before shots could be taken.
5. The rubber strips running between the barrels was ungainly and absolutely a departure from the soldered in barrel ribs of a traditional double rifle.
6. The stock wood was very pretty but the rifle kicked the snot out of me.... Back to poor ergonomics.
7. Price - Although priced slightly and I mean very slightly cheaper than a new entry level Merkel safari caliber double, the price asked for the Blaser was incredibly expensive for what one got. The reason doubles are expensive is because of the craftmanship and the effort it takes to regulate properly. No such factory regulation is done on the Blaser because it is “partially” user adjustable with simple hand tools...... I say fully adjustable if one is willing to perform surgery with a ball peen hammer as I did.

Am I raining on the Blaser parade.... No. (As a previous poster commented, “if you don’t like it, simply don’t buy it and avoid the negative commentary”). But I am relating my personal findings so other members of the forum can benefit from my costly experiences. I note that the S2 is no longer made nor sold by Blaser - I suppose they figured out that the market wasn’t ready for an overly expensive and modern take on the classic double rifle with a concept that lacks all the artistry that makes a double rifle so special and costly. Nice try Blaser - possibly a sad attempt at capitalizing on the retail dollars possible to be had in the double rifle market - maybe they’d still be selling them if the S2 was priced at $3000 vs $9000.

Had I known all these things about it before I bought it, I would NOT have wasted my time, effort and considerable pile of hard earned money on it. I ended up utimately owning a Merkel and then a Heym double that did go overseas with me to hunt buffalo. The Blaser would have done the job, but it would have been a definite and significant handicap given how that hunt went. Buffalo ARE tough and in my case it took 7 shots before that big boy tipped over. The Blaser “no way no how” would have been capable of letting me shoot like that Heym did.

I no longer have a horse in this race other than my K95 single shot which I’m absolutely smitten with and will never part with it. It shares the tilting block design with S2 double and the decocker, but in a single shot, and non-dangerous game rifle I welcome the strength and the accuracy afforded by this design. I can’t say enough good about the K95 - I like it so much I am on a slow quest to acquire new barrels for it so I continue to invest in this particular platform and have absolutely zere regrets doing so - in fact I look forward to adding new calibers for it as finances allow. Currently it is in 7x57R and I have a 9.3x74R on order. I will at some point add a .257 Weatherby barrel (and/or a 7mm rem mag) and a .22 Hornet.

Edited by Postman (03/02/19 12:48 AM)

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: Rod4861]
      #324180 - 03/02/19 03:23 AM

Quote:

I dare say that a modern M98 and a Blaser R8 are both manufactured using similar CNC machines, modern metals and construction methods. No doubt both are marketed to the same high standard. They are also both marketed at and sell for quiet substantial amounts. Are they worth that money? Well I think so!

Which is better? Well that's a personal choice...me I love both. I have hunted with a R8 a bit within the last 5 years. I love it! It's reliable and functional. I also own a couple of new Rigby's but to date I've not hunted with neither. I have hunted a substancial amount with older manufactured 98's and similar like the Brno 602's The hunts of done of late were better suited for the Blaser.

As to the comment about not seeing Alaskan guides carrying them...well I'm not surprised that they don't. All the Alaskan guides that I have met and or hunted with carry good old USA manufactured stuff. Marlin, Winchester, Remington, Dakota and of course the exception to the rule is the good on CZ550. They also have a preference for Leupold scopes... I dare say that if Blaser were made in the USA and were as cheap as US manufactured arms then it would be a different story. I haven't seen too many guides carrying Sako's or Sauers either.

Blaser's make a great product. I don't know if Blaser will still be manufacturing R8's in 100 years from now...it will probably be hard to equal the longevity of the Mauser 98. But I reckon Blasers are soo good that we'll be buying and using them well past my life time.

If you don't like Blasers..buy something you do like. Life is too short to waste talking about things you don't like or appreciate !

Cheers
Rod

+1
Agreed

For anyone who has access and is interested, ironically there is an article on the Blaser R8 in this months edition of HUNT ALASKA magazine..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Rule303
.416 member

#324192 - 03/02/19 08:06 AM

Now I do not own a Blaser and think those who do are ghay I do know a few ghay blokes and am assured from an engineering point the safety on the R8 is the best and most fool proof in the world. To answer the OP I would say the R8 are more engineering than marketing.

Rod4861
.300 member

Reged: 12/06/07
Loc: Queensland, Australia
Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: NitroX]
      #324200 - 03/02/19 11:12 AM

Quote:

The reason no one sees African PHs using Blasers is one, they cost too much, and two, they are unreliable crap ... why would ANYONE who is a serious PH carry a Blaser, when a PH could carry a reliable and trustworthy Mauser 98. CZ etc? Even the Blaser double rifles are crap and unreliable. One of our members purchased one, yes they are cheaper, he sold it before the year was out.

The R93's are well known for being dangerous. A member of years gone by had the earlier model of Blaser than the R93. He wanted to sell it. I was interested in buying it, but the price at the time was too high for me. An extremely light firearm, in 7 mm Rem Mag and .375 H&H, about 6 1/4 lbs including ammo and scope in .375. It was not pleasant to shoot.

Anyway he said the common name in German for the Blaser was "Rausch-Bomb" (or something like that).

The R8 was redisgned supposedly to remove the denied alleged problem fo the Blaser R93's bolt of blowing back into people's faces ...

However its design is also crap. A magazine of 2 rounds for at least some chamberings. Also who on Earth designs a rifle where the trigger is part of the removable magazine??? Utter crap design ...

Having said all that, I would consider having the R8 in an hot magnum cartridge chambering suitable for plains or mountain hunting, and in a light version of the rifle. The shorter length and lightweight would be handy for mountain shooting. And a inadequate magazine of two rounds only, is still one more than a single shot. And not too much of a hinderance for mountain trophy hunting.

As for the R93, seems OK, but how can one have confidence shooting it, not knowing if you are going to have an explosion in your face, even if rare. As the alleged problems IMO are very real.

I don't own any Blasers. I would consider a single shot Blaser, which are reputed to be accurate.

I have never owned nor shot a R93 and know nothing of them except from what I have read. The only Blaser which I have fired is the R8, which I own. I have 3 barrels for it; 30/06 (4 shot mag) 9.3x62 (4 shot magazine) and a 223 (5 shot). I have hunted with it in extremes from -18C to 38C. It has been in snow, dust, sleet and rain. It is NOT a safe Queen. I know the R8 very well. I cannot fault the rifle. It is my first choice for hunting anything in the Americas and if I ever get there, Europe.

As for mountain trophy hunting; any cartridge suitable is going to have a (R8) magazine capacity of 3 at the very minimum. I doubt if many sheep get nailed with 505's or even 416 Rigbys for that matter.

I'm at a loose to see how the removable magazine/trigger housing is a disadvantage. Do you have any examples of instances where that has been a problem? I haven't heard of any and tend to look at that feature as a positive.

The R93 may have faults?? I can't say as I have no first hand experience. But I can definitely say, from experience, that there are no flies on the R8.

Rod

Rod4861
.300 member

Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: Rule303]
      #324201 - 03/02/19 11:15 AM

Quote:

Now I do not own a Blaser and think those who do are ghay I do know a few ghay blokes and am assured from an engineering point the safety on the R8 is the best and most fool proof in the world. To answer the OP I would say the R8 are more engineering than marketing.

Hey Greg, you know you can get a 270 Winchester barrel for one if you want!!

Cheers Rod

Ripp
.577 member

#324209 - 03/02/19 01:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Greg, you know you can get a 270 Winchester barrel for one if you want!!

Cheers Rod

--------------------

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #324211 - 03/02/19 06:22 PM

Quote:

Rule303: I do know a few gay blokes and am assured from most answer the OP I would say

Didn't know you asked them?? Should I be happy for you?
sry - really sorry - da devil made me do it.
I got into the cooking sherry.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

fuhrmann
.333 member

Reged: 04/01/05
Loc: Switzerland
      #324212 - 03/02/19 07:28 PM

Quote:

I'm at a loose to see how the removable magazine/trigger housing is a disadvantage. Do you have any examples of instances where that has been a problem? I haven't heard of any and tend to look at that feature as a positive.

No firsthand experience but I have heard from people loosing their R8 magazine while on a hunt. So you might keep an eye on this.
Besides, the sense of an expensive spare magazine with a trigger attached escapes me.
fuhrmann

Rod4861
.300 member

#324214 - 03/02/19 08:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No firsthand experience but I have heard from people loosing their R8 magazine while on a hunt. So you might keep an eye on this.
Besides, the sense of an expensive spare magazine with a trigger attached escapes me.
fuhrmann

Well from my experiences the magazines don't fall out.

And I guess I'm a belt, braces and elastic type of bloke. I like the idea of having a spare magazine just in case. When I carried Sako 75 or 85's I always had a spare magazine ( & they are not cheap)and never lost one of those either.

Rod

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#324215 - 03/02/19 09:03 PM

Quote:

If you don't like Blasers..buy something you do like. Life is too short to waste talking about things you don't like or appreciate !

Cheers
Rod

If the people who don't like them aren't alklowed to talk about them, who would be left?

I would very much LIKE to like the R93. I did consider one at one point. But the marketing to down play the safety issues doesn't remove the actual problem.

When I hunted with ErikD in Norway, he used to have a R93, but got rid of it and instead bought a Mauser M03. Which I used. Got to like it. So ended buying one myself, in the Synthetic Extreme configuration., Later added a second Mauser M03 with a Germanic Schnabel style stock. Four barrels so far, two actions and stock, several bolt heads and magazines. The only complaint so far is a weak magazine spring in the .222 magazine, so it is used as a single shot. Myalls promised me a free replacement magazine years ago. Still have to act on it.

The Mauser M03 is a real bolt action rifle.

Interesting since then ErikD has sold off his Mauser M03 and bought a Blaser R8.

I would consider a R8, EXCEPT I really hate the limited magazine and even more hate the removable trigger/magazine BS engineering to overcome an obstacle of extremely poor design.

The Blaser does usually have a much lighter weight. And does pack in a smaller shoebox when travelling than the Mauser M03.

One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned, is what one Baron in Germany claims is essential for driven game shooting and that is speed of reloading. Presumably semi autos and maybe pump actions are banned (?). He claims a double rifle is inadequate having only two shots, and a normal turn bolt action way too slow for quick reloading when shooting driven running game. Now a Blaser with its two or three shot inadequate magazine doesn't seem an improvement. I think he shoots some other over engineered weird straight pull German rifle creation. Designed for shooting from hochsitz's.

Why is a magazine/trigger a prlem?

First it is so obvious. Who on Earth designs a combined magazine trigger which has to be removed to be reloaded? A crazy person ...

Secondly, as said, something else to go wrong, and forgotten. Especially where it is required to have the magazine removed from a rifle during travel or other times. Not a huge problem to loose a removable magazine, a useless firearm without a trigger ...

I would buy a R8. But probably would have a dozen or two other choices or priority rifle choices in front of it .... And for a nice takedown, given unlimited funds, a nice set of Mauser 98 or 98 styled actions and barrels in takedown form would be 1000% better. Some makers do make them.

Maybe the next Blaser model could be designed by actual hunters and riflemen!

Added: I think Staffan/Sville had a Blaser, I forget which model, probably R93 and I MAY have carried it for an afternoon. Never shot it. Mostly he loaned to me a 9.3mm double rifle he has.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (03/02/19 09:21 PM)

Rod4861
.300 member

#324217 - 03/02/19 09:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers
Rod

If the people who don't like them aren't alklowed to talk about them, who would be left?

I would very much LIKE to like the R93. I did consider one at one point. But the marketing to down play the safety issues doesn't remove the actual problem.

When I hunted with ErikD in Norway, he used to have a R93, but got rid of it and instead bought a Mauser M03. Which I used. Got to like it. So ended buying one myself, in the Synthetic Extreme configuration., Later added a second Mauser M03 with a Germanic Schnabel style stock. Four barrels so far, two actions and stock, several bolt heads and magazines. The only complaint so far is a weak magazine spring in the .222 magazine, so it is used as a single shot. Myalls promised me a free replacement magazine years ago. Still have to act on it.

The Mauser M03 is a real bolt action rifle.

Interesting since then ErikD has sold off his Mauser M03 and bought a Blaser R8.

I would consider a R8, EXCEPT I really hate the limited magazine and even more hate the removable trigger/magazine BS engineering to overcome an obstacle of extremely poor design.

The Blaser does usually have a much lighter weight. And does pack in a smaller shoebox when travelling than the Mauser M03.

One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned, is what one Baron in Germany claims is essential for driven game shooting and that is speed of reloading. Presumably semi autos and maybe pump actions are banned (?). He claims a double rifle is inadequate having only two shots, and a normal turn bolt action way too slow for quick reloading when shooting driven running game. Now a Blaser with its two or three shot inadequate magazine doesn't seem an improvement. I think he shoots some other over engineered weird straight pull German rifle creation. Designed for shooting from hochsitz's.

Why is a magazine/trigger a prlem?

First it is so obvious. Who on Earth designs a combined magazine trigger which has to be removed to be reloaded? A crazy person ...

Secondly, as said, something else to go wrong, and forgotten. Especially where it is required to have the magazine removed from a rifle during travel or other times. Not a huge problem to loose a removable magazine, a useless firearm without a trigger ...

I would buy a R8. But probably would have a dozen or two other choices or priority rifle choices in front of it .... And for a nice takedown, given unlimited funds, a nice set of Mauser 98 or 98 styled actions and barrels in takedown form would be 1000% better. Some makers do make them.

Maybe the next Blaser model could be designed by actual hunters and riflemen!

Added: I think Staffan/Sville had a Blaser, I forget which model, probably R93 and I MAY have carried it for an afternoon. Never shot it. Mostly he loaned to me a 9.3mm double rifle he has.

Its fine for people to have and express their opinion but it would help if those doing so were speaking from first hand experience. Most of the negative comments regarding the R8 start with "I've got a mate who heard.........."

The magazines/trigger housing does not have to be removed when traveling and or for storage in Queensland. And I know for a fact that it is not a requirement for overseas travel to the USA and NZ from Australia. I seriously doubt if it is required in any Australian State...but who knows perhaps in WA. WA is a weird and special case.

You keep mentioning a magazine capacity of 2 or 3 rounds ? The R8 has a magazine capacity of 4 for cartridges like te 30/06 & the 9,3x62. Yes it is only three when using belted magnum cartridges like the 300 Win Mag. Which means the R8 magazine capacity is pretty much on par with Remington model 700's, Winchester 70's, and many other popular rifles with fixed magazines. For some instances, primarily culling or when hunting some dangerous game then yes, a big magazine can be an advantage.

I should also point out that the R8 magazine does not have to be removed to load. It can be loaded either fitted or detached.

The R8 is a great rifle but it is not perfect for every hunting situation. I'm sure I could find a better outfit for culling large numbers of animals, and whilst I have no experience with driven game (as known in Europe) I'm sure there may be a better choices than an R8. But I reckon if all I had for such circumstances was an R8 then I wouldn't feel naked.

My R8 is my goto rifle for most hunts these days. I have hunted pigs, Brown bear, Dall sheep and other stuff with it and it does very well. In saying that I also have a Sako Finlight which is my NZ rifle and I've got 2 Rigby's which will get to Africa within the next few years. And I almost forgot got an FN model 98 in 9.3x62 which has killed it's fair share of game. Damn thing has a double set trigger so I guess it was designed to shooting from hochsitz's too. Still love it; horses for courses so they say.

Anyway, if you want to bag the R8, or Blasers in general, for the sake/entertainment of bagging them then fine. I get that! I enjoy rubbishing ghay boys and their ghay useless 270 Winchesters too.

Oh and I forget to mention those poor dumb bastards (but not ghay unless chambered in 270) who shoot Mauser 03's

Have a good night.

Cheers

Rod

Edited by Rod4861 (03/02/19 09:58 PM)

Ripp
.577 member

#324218 - 03/02/19 10:48 PM

Crazy idea I know..but an actual review from someone who has both..and in the gay .270 caliber..

https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/firearms/rifles/blaser-r8-v-mauser-m03

--------------------

Edited by Ripp (03/02/19 11:13 PM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: Ripp]
      #324219 - 03/02/19 11:36 PM

Quote:

Crazy idea I know..but an actual review from someone who has both..and in the gay .270 caliber..

https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/firInterestearms/rifles/blaser-r8-v-mauser-m03

Thanks for posting that. Interesting to read. But it does read to me like a marketing/advertising article for the corporate group that owns and makes both rifle models. Mostly good points pushed on both and only minor criticisms on either.

Interesting new stock.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#324220 - 03/02/19 11:48 PM

Quote:

Cheers
Rod

Quote:

Its fine for people to have and express their opinion but it would help if those doing so were speaking from first hand experience. Most of the negative comments regarding the R8 start with "I've got a mate who heard.........."

I find it "quaint" when posters try to bully off anyone who will make negative comments right from the beginning ... and keep trying to do it.

Now someone doesn't have to buy something they feel is not worth buying, to make a comment on it. And yes, one does not have to buy one, to handle one, try one, and also listen to knowledgeable persons. Owners who have had one and got rid of it. Or sometimes even like them.

Quote:

The magazines/trigger housing does not have to be removed when traveling and or for storage in Queensland. And I know for a fact that it is not a requirement for overseas travel to the USA and NZ from Australia. I seriously doubt if it is required in any Australian State..

I suggest you do some research before travelling and maybe putting your beliefs to the test.

And in any case, a magazine is removed. Can be removed. Is removed. If it has a trigger connected on it, can be lost. And is lost.

"Ghay". That was a joke by the poster.

Now back again to th opening question. Is it marketing or engineering? Obviously both. Modern over engineered. And huge amounts of marketing to sell them. Buying several other makers and brands, many much better, to add to the stable.

Now I did have a joke, about how God would have designed the human body if he was a Blaser engineer, but I will reserve that one.

Now I like over one hundred year old designed rifle. And my ideal ideal take down would be a Mauser 98 with the locking lug collar on the removable barrel, not the action. But cost is a factor to actually buy.

Now if you can't handle other peoples opinions, get over it.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#324221 - 04/02/19 12:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/firInterestearms/rifles/blaser-r8-v-mauser-m03

Thanks for posting that. Interesting to read. But it does read to me like a marketing/advertising article for the corporate group that owns and makes both rifle models. Mostly good points pushed on both and only minor criticisms on either.

Interesting new stock.

Another view of it.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

rigbymauser
.400 member

Reged: 15/05/05
Loc: Denmark
      #324225 - 04/02/19 04:34 AM

I wouldn't mind own a Blaser R8. Maybe not in a fancy style but for at shooter and a contrast to all the classic walnut guns I have. The Blasers are in generel good accurate guns. It is a Topperware gun too. I would bold to say the Blaser rifle is a little blow of fresh air into relativly conservative marked.

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: rigbymauser]
      #324227 - 04/02/19 06:05 AM

Not all Tupperware, my buddy bought one of these in .500 Jeffery a while back, looked flash !

R8 SELOUS

Rule303
.416 member

#324233 - 04/02/19 09:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Rule303: I do know a few gay blokes and am assured from most answer the OP I would say

Didn't have to ask them Daryl, they wear arseless chaps and carry a Blaser, sort of stands out

Rod the Blaser users who use a 270 are almost Un-Ghay. Damn fine calibre that one

Ripp, if I could find an Up You emoticon you would be getting bit

Rule303
.416 member

Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering? [Re: Ripp]
      #324234 - 04/02/19 09:30 AM

Quote:

https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/firearms/rifles/blaser-r8-v-mauser-m03

Good article Ripp.

Bloke does know what he is talking about as he uses that truly magnificent calibre, 270 and knows his off road machines as well.

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #324236 - 04/02/19 10:03 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA arseless chaps

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

#324242 - 04/02/19 02:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't have to ask them Daryl, they wear arseless chaps and carry a Blaser, sort of stands out

Rod the Blaser users who use a 270 are almost Un-Ghay. Damn fine calibre that one

Ripp, if I could find an Up You emoticon you would be getting bit [/quote)
--

Ah...my work here is through

--------------------

Edited by Ripp (05/02/19 12:10 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 23905

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com