Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: the land of the shoot dead road signs

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Travel

Pages: 1
lancaster
.450 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
the land of the shoot dead road signs
      #323024 - 05/01/19 04:54 PM

there is a land over the sea with a lot of eucalyptus threes, you know it?

its the land of the shot dead road signs
bird shot, buck shot, slugs, pistols, submachine guns? assault rifles?
nothing is so small it dont deserve a load of bird shot

don't know why, maybe its only for fun, man like to have fun, girls too

otherwise surprisingly green for the subtropics heat

clever idea for a global safari car, hope it help if you meet an illiterat

yes, an MPI 5 for the common patrol duty, europe has achieved a lot because of the open border politic

charly manson together with the actor hugh grant who was only catch with black prostitute on a cover

whatever you need, readyness is all

sometimes there is more art in a label then the whole "modern art"

times are changing

1832 a brave legionary catch a pirate to bring him into the prison the muslim had build for christian slaves before

1882 a brave legionary catch a pirate to bring him into the prison the muslim had build for christian slaves before

1932 a brave legionary catch a pirate to bring him into the prison the muslim had build for christian slaves before

1965 a brave legionary catch a pirate to bring him into the prison the muslim had build for christian slaves before
..............break
1967 a faschist mercenary torture an north african freedom fighter

2018 international security force catch an islamist terrorist

anyway I will stay with the 1832 version for my favorite breakfast plate now

sometimes a little 900 years old church telling you where you are or better which zone of influence it was once

modest person I am only bought a sticker for my car

the sticker of an old style terrorist group, like the IRA( IRA sympathiser)
you get it on the streets in tourist shops, tourist is close to terrorist

no, not my own pic, was not invited
and he, if you were born there, being a young male and this guys in the darkness of the night have automatic weapon - would you join the chess club?

its very cool by the police to tolerate what they can't break,
take the world you have not the one you wish

there also comics for the youth to get new sympathisers

other countrys, other times it would be terror propaganda

ending like the old scholl asterix comics

not realy an antithesis because it thematised the fight of a local group against world domination and heteronomy

have a nice day

( not my pic)

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: Idaho
Re: the land of the shoot dead road signs [Re: lancaster]
      #323028 - 06/01/19 12:41 AM

As always, very entertaining!!!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Ripp
.500 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: the land of the shoot dead road signs [Re: 9.3x57]
      #323037 - 06/01/19 04:03 AM

Quote:

As always, very entertaining!!!

In regards to the road signes being shot..we have the same idiots over here sadly...really wish that was not the case--sets a very bad image in the public's eye..

The countryside looks a lot like some of the areas of Spain I was in 2 years ago..great pics, thank you for sharing..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (06/01/19 04:11 AM)

Daryl_S
.577 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: the land of the shoot dead road signs [Re: Ripp]
      #323040 - 06/01/19 05:37 AM

Had a very good time in this thread. What a gathering of STUFF.

--------------------
Daryl

"a rifle without hammers, is like a Spaniel without ears" Edward VII

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: New Zealand Australia South A...
Re: the land of the shoot dead road signs [Re: Daryl_S]
      #323044 - 06/01/19 07:27 AM

I think the first couple of signs could be Aussie but the rest of the photos are from some where else & Spanish looking for sure ?

--------------------
No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.

- General George S. Patton

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: the land of the shoot dead road signs [Re: Sarg]
      #323050 - 06/01/19 11:21 AM

Quote:

I think the first couple of signs could be Aussie but the rest of the photos are from some where else & Spanish looking for sure ?

Corsica is in there methinks.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

lancaster
.450 member

#323060 - 06/01/19 09:14 PM

si, corsica

anywhere in the world it will made a bad taste in your mouth when you see puplic property destroyed for fun but there its ok. it reminds the police allways to be polite and careful.

--------------------

9.3x57
.450 member

#323061 - 07/01/19 01:34 AM

Quote:

si, corsica

anywhere in the world it will made a bad taste in your mouth when you see puplic property destroyed for fun but there its ok. it reminds the police allways to be polite and careful.

lanc,

i note the restaurant sign. very naughty! totally unacceptable! around here it is considered extremely bad form to make a collander out of such examples of private property*. public property of course is another thing entirely.

lol.

keep up the always-interesting posts!!!

having said that, i do try to locate my NO TRESPASSING signs on the ranch so that pass-throughs don't wind up in a neighbor's living room. a 180 grain bullet from a .300 win mag launched at 35 degrees elevation can, after all, cover a couple miles before running out of steam and that even after aerating the "offensive" signage...

--------------------

lancaster
.450 member

#323062 - 07/01/19 03:43 AM

Quote:

i note the restaurant sign. very naughty! totally unacceptable!

lol.

maybe someone who was very diaspointed with the meal? with diarrhoea?

its a complete different form of thinking about such things there. standing between the united states and afghanistan the awareness is maybe closer to afghanistan.
don't pass judgement about it, only try to see things.

--------------------

Louis
.333 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
      #323064 - 07/01/19 04:02 AM

Lancaster, thank you for this thorough panorama on Corsica from North to South and from East to West; you even covered what is, if I recall well, the old black & white church in Murato! Corsica is a really beautiful island, with much varied landscapes varying from beaches to mountain peaks culminating at circa 9000 feet and I am sure you enjoyed it.

For those that would not be aware, this island always had a much troubled history. It was bought by France from the Republic of Genoa (Italy didn’t exist as a state at that time) in the late 18th century but France before really taking ownership of this new territory had to dispatch numerous troops in order to fight guerilla groups claiming independance. This never really stopped until now where terrorist groups claiming to be fighting for the island’s independence regularly perpetrate selective killings and bomb attacks; this situation is complicated by the fact that, as in most Meditteranean islands (such as Sicily) there is huge collusion between the so called independentist groups, organised crime and local politicians! For making things even worst, the majority of the local population, which is not at all involved in any kind of criminal activity, offers passive support to criminals by enforcing the ”don’t see, don’t hear, don’t say” rule in order to avoid getting in trouble with other family or clan members that may get involved!

The island is almost a paradise for holiday makers and for hikers but not for hunters. The mouflon is fully protected on the island while it can be hunted in continental France; the red deer (a small-sized sub specy of the European red deer) went extinct in the early 1960’s and was reintroduced from 1985 with stock coming from neighbouring Sardinia but is now also fully protected; roe deer is not endemic to the island; the only ”big” game left is therefore wild boar (a local small-sized sub-specy well adapted to the dry, mountaineous and bushy terrain, probably similar to ”javelinas” found in Texas), which is actively hunted in drinven hunts on the island.

Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

lancaster
.450 member

Re: the land of the shoot dead road signs [Re: Louis]
      #323069 - 07/01/19 06:25 AM

yes, its murato, realy delightful buildung
you see on the first view it was made after the standard of Pisa.

the situation in corsica is realy bewildering, the island share a lot with sardenia and sicily and local people belong to clans like you know this from scottland. the society created a form of the mafia that is in good connection with clans from italy and around the mediterraneum. this mafia had use the possibilitys of being french citizen for infiltrat the country.
the so called french mafia is in fact a corsican mafia and the old french connection( see the mas 36 sporter thread) was a corsican connection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76K3RxJY0A

like any good business man the mafia don't want to change a situation they do a profit and the modern european union monster is something they could make a profit with public money. so the mafia is maybe the key point for the safety on the island ( in southern italy too). Still remember when I was first time in a traffic controll in italy and one of the officers was standing with a Beretta subgun at the ready there simply for being prepared if they get a car with local mafiosi by accident. we were not knowing this in northern europe before but like you see on one of the pics officers with submachine guns are very common today also in small towns. times don't become better.

there are nationalistic groups on the island looking today very "20. century" and the mafia make deals with them selling automatic weapons and use them to harm the competitors or the police if in need but in the end it is in the interest of the clans to not change the situation because of the public financial ressources that will dry up. the nationalist groups looking a little bit to subordinate here but imho, the reason they dont have a higher impact is the fact they have other players there that counterbalance them.

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #323070 - 07/01/19 08:34 AM

Lancaster thanks for posting. Very good pictorial coverage of Corsica, educational as well. I did not know there were Eucalyptus trees on any of the Mediterranean Islands.

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: the land of the shoot dead road signs [Re: Rule303]
      #323077 - 07/01/19 02:50 PM

Quote:

Lancaster thanks for posting. Very good pictorial coverage of Corsica, educational as well. I did not know there were Eucalyptus trees on any of the Mediterranean Islands.

BTW: Lots of euchalypts in South Africa, too, at least when we lived there. Grown for mining props. And black wattle, as well. Bark used in the tanning industry. We even had an Australian botanist researching some near our area. Said he'd never seen black wattle as big in Australia. I always got a chuckle about that as Australia is known for runaway growth of invasive or non-indigenous species, and here we had an example of "turn about is fair play"!

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

#323078 - 07/01/19 04:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BTW: Lots of euchalypts in South Africa, too, at least when we lived there. Grown for mining props. And black wattle, as well. Bark used in the tanning industry. We even had an Australian botanist researching some near our area. Said he'd never seen black wattle as big in Australia. I always got a chuckle about that as Australia is known for runaway growth of invasive or non-indigenous species, and here we had an example of "turn about is fair play"!

Yep. Knew about the Eucalyptus in SA and Zim. Didn't know about the black wattle. That is interesting. They have planted Blue Gums in the Caprivi region of Namibia for building construction. Thing is it takes forever to grow sufficiently in size to be used.

Louis
.333 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
      #323080 - 07/01/19 04:27 PM

Eucalyptus trees were heavily planted in southern France (and also in Italy and in Spain) as well as in Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco (then under French rule) in the late 19th and early 20th century in coastal and swamp areas in order contribute to eradicate malaria. They are now part of the landscape and many people probably do not know that they are not indigenous trees.
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: New Zealand Australia South A...
      #323082 - 07/01/19 06:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Funny, Eucalyptus/Gums are noxious tree in SA now & you get fined for having them on your property, still plenty around I notice but have seen plenty burnt off, don't suppose that will kill them, they will sucker ever where .

I think Melaleuca/Paper Bark trees have gone wild in the US Florida maybe & the Dickhead Forest Service thought they would burn them lol they LOVE getting burnt helps them spread lol !

--------------------
No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.

- General George S. Patton

lancaster
.450 member

#323084 - 07/01/19 08:09 PM

saw my first eucalyptus in southern italy 30 years ago. leave the car and there was a smell in the air I was knowing but don't know what it was. coming from the trees next to the road. after some brainstorming and discussion we agree it must be eucalyptus. was a former swamp land behind the coast and in the past a real stronghold for the malaria like louis said. in italy they start south of naples I would say. in the norther part only some in botanical gardens.
on the iberian penisula eucalyptus make some big woodlands but not surprisingly in summer it can and do sometimes burn like hell if a spark falls into scrup for whatever reason( most times fire raising). remember such burning forest in portugal left and right of the street and some km away the black remains from two or three years before become green again.

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

#323112 - 08/01/19 06:36 PM

I knew they planted River Red Gums in the swamps of the Tigris and Euphrates to help control Malaria.I did not know about the other places. One educational thread.

Yep, the Melaleuca/Paper Bark planted in the Florida Everglades back fired as did the attempt to burn them.

Fires. The Eucalyptus you can smell is in gas form. This is why a bush fire can spread very rapidly as it is the vapor that catches, then the leaves. Most Eucalyp fires only burn the leaves and small branch, hence tree survives. It has been established that if there is 7 tonne per hectare of ground litter is when you get the devastating fires that result in our Ash Wednesday etc. Due to the greenies having burn offs stopped most places I hunted in Victoria would of had easy 5 times as much. When the fire gets into the ground litter like this is when the sap in the trees boil and they explode. This is what it takes to kill a decent sized Gum Tree/Eucalyptus with fire.

Meant to add. Apparently Australia used to be a place of softwoods. It was the Aboriginals doing their burning off to atrack animals into the new growth that cause the Gum Trees to spread. So much for them being environmentally friendly:-)

Edited by Rule303 (08/01/19 06:39 PM)

lancaster
.450 member

Re: the land of the shoot dead road signs [Re: Rule303]
      #323871 - 27/01/19 02:48 AM

what forget here is a little friend I found there: the Eurasian scops owl

the brave little bird and me becoming very close neighbors and good friend in the night. it had the good intention to singing his song between 12pm and 3 am in the morning when my sleep is light and I was able to listen to his song for hours. its very simple and he doing allways the same.

to give you an impression: https://www.xeno-canto.org/167697

or here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkGP2OP7wvc

it dont like to make a break like you see in the video but singing very steady all the time

recommend it

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 485

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com