Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Asia

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex
      #321553 - 15/11/18 01:52 AM

Turkey..
20181103_190531 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

The trip to Turkey had a bit of trepidation attached to it as I had never spent a longer period of time there. Basically my longest time there was about 11 hours for a layover on my way home from one of my trips to Azerbaijan or Kyrgyzstan. So?? To spend 10 days in the country was an unknown. In addition, the location of our hunting camp also had a bit of concern as it was in fairly close proximity to the Syria border..so??? see attached map, we had flown from Istanbul to Adana..then traveled north to our hunting camp.Finally when checking the US Gov. Travel sites, they highly suggest not going here..but they have said the same about other areas I have traveled to as well that have not been a problem.

As you can see Adana is not really that far from Aleppo..
20181105_013809 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

The first day was the typical unwind from the long flight schedule, late breakfast, go sight in the rifles, etc. After that was completed, we drove out to do a bit of glassing for the following day. Once in the mountains I was quite surprised by the steepness of the terrain. Had been told it was typically not that difficult of terrain as compared to other ibex/tur/sheep hunts I have done. While the elevation was lower, actually very similar to where I live in Montana, the steepness of the mtns was readily apparent. We did spot a couple of ibex in the distance, actually on the far mtn shown in this photo. We also spotted a wild boar just below us right at dark.This lead to a conversation of hunting the wild Russian boar in the area.
Resized_20181104_150831(2) by A Hoffart, on Flickr

The next full morning we got up at 4:30AM met for breakfast and headed out in the vehicle to get to our hunting area. The plan was to get there in the dark, get set up and start glassing at first light in hopes of spotting an ibex moving from its feeding area to the bedding area..I was in a fog state the first day, trying to fight off the jet lag—10 hour difference in time zones really messed with my internal clock. We spotted a couple of ibex moving later in the morning however there was no way to get to where they were headed from where we were in time..so we simply watched and judged the size of horn from about 900 yards. We spent most of that day moving around in the mtns, checking different areas, building a fire for lunch, taking a brief cat nap and then continue hunting until dark.
20181108_094700 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Pic of the city from our early morning vantage point ..
20181105_061235 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

The following morning was a repeat of the previous day, up at 430, breakfast and off to the same area to glass.. Again we spotted a couple of ibex males, but nothing of an age or size so we moved to another area to spot. Once there we spotted from a high vantage point for about 3 hours. After his we drove off the back of the mtn and stopped at a sheep herders cabin to have lunch..see photo below.. one of the game guards (what the guys watching/protecting the area and game are called)..quite simple yet very functional. He was not there but was a friend of the game guard..so we spend the next 2 days at lunch time in this cabin having lunch after the morning hunt/spotting session.
20181106_112046 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Inside:

20181106_113452 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

We picked some mushrooms one day to have along with the rest of our lunch, they are called girl mushrooms, have no idea why??
20181106_110026 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

The evening of the second day it was announced to us that if we wanted to hunt wild boar, we could try that evening.. My friend Troy and I both jumped at the chance.. was a lot of fun, and had very good results, see below.. the size of these guys is amazing. I shot what was thought to be a very large boar while in Spain a couple of years ago, however they are nothing compared to the size of these guys..amazing

20181106_152618 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

20181106_182330 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Pic of my boars tusks.. 24cm
20181107_221332 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

We got back from hunting wild boar about 11Pm –back up at 430 to go hunt ibex. That day we were once again spotting ibex in the same area. We spotted several males with one that seemed very nice that had headed into a large forest area. We assumed it was going to travel through this area and hit a ravine on the way to the top of the mtn, so the race was on..we grabbed our packs and rifle heading up to cut him off should he go the direction the guides were anticipating.. we got to the area about 45 minutes later and very sweat soaked.. picked a good glassing area waited for over 2 hours ..nothing.. so we sill hunted our way back to the vehicles/camp..again nothing. Did more hiking and glassing the following night , however come up empty handed. We had two issues working against us. One being it was unseasonably warm.. Two, it was about 2-3 weeks before the rut starts, so all the males were still hanging out together. This makes for a very difficult hunting situation as they are extremely wary, with incredible hearing, sight and sense of smell. Plus the terrain they hang out in is incredible.

20181107_195850 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

20181111_111104 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

20181107_172309 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

20181106_152944 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

20181106_152836 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Our situation basically remained the same for the next couple of days, with the guides seemingly becoming more and more concerned about the result of this hunt. We were doing more and more hiking. Staying out later and getting up earlier. Getting to new areas, but kept coming up empty handed as to being able to connect. Either they were way too far away and in inaccessible terrain, or they were too young/small. Turkey does have an age restriction on age of ibex that can be harvested.

20181108_170833 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

On day 6 or our 7 day hunt we went to the other end of the area we had spotted some the day before, thinking we might be able to get on them from that side. We drove as far as we could, put on our packs and gear and off we went hiking up the mtn. We sat there glassing for about 2 hours again, more of the same, seeing ibex in chutes and areas a long ways off but nothing close. We built a fire and had a cup of tea and breakfast, then went back to glassing.. Lady luck was on our side this moring as my main guide spotted 4 nice males about 900 yards out.. feeding and looking like they were going to bed in that area..there as a shelf on the mtn side below us..it was extremely steep chutes with lots of loose rock in them but we decided if we could get to that shelf we would in all likelihood be within shooting distance so off we went. About 90 mintes later we were in position and once peeking over the rocky ridge saw a smaller ibex bedded in an opening.. I laid out a jacket on the rocky ridge to prepare for a shot. Ranged the ibex in the opening that showed 304 yards across the ravine. However he was a smaller one so we laid there trying to spot the larger one we had seen earlier from above. About 10 mintues into it was saw the smaller one get up and walk into the timber. We kept glassing for them in an attempt to spot them when suddenly we say them leaving the area, running up the draw and then cutting across the side of the mtn. Apparently they felt something was not correct and they decided to get out of there. I spotted the larger one in my bino’s, saw the direction he was headed and spotted an opening ahead of him, Ranged the distance, which turned showed 431 yards in my Swarovski EL range bino’s… followed the ibex in my rifle scope through the timber. When he hit the opening I sent a 140gr Nosler Accubond out of my 280AI his way.. the timber was too thick to see if I had hit or not. I asked both the guides with me if I hit and neither of them could tell, when suddenly out of steep tree area we saw the ibex coming out rolling out of the trees. AND he did not stop, hit about an 80 ft cliff and dropped off. Fortunately his rear end hit first when hitting the ground..

My perch I shot off of..
received_462008867539825 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

There was a whole lot of hollering, jumping around, praising the God of your choice, and enough happiness to fill the valley. See the area of my perch where I shot from..the clearing across the canyon is where I shot him..he fell off of the cliff below that opening..

We packed up our gear, grabbed my rifle and off we went to retrieve the ibex. Once there we were all very excited to find how awesome his coloration was, no broken horn from the fall, and he turned out to be 10 ˝ years old, along with being a very nice sized ibex. Talking to the rest of the crew who has waited above whle we made our stock, he stated he could see the ibex drop as his hit the opening and then heard my rifle shot. Kinda cool..

This is the cliff he dropped off of
received_270642916925430 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

This is how we found him..
received_512967655837938 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Contemplation after a very long difficult hunt..
check out the beard on that ibex..
received_718540768511375 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Great trophy I have wanted to hunt for over 15 years...bucket list item..
20181110_001122 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

OPTIMUM HUNTING CREW
20181111_110607 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

General take aways:

I never felt threatened or in danger at any time while in Turkey..

The company I hunted with is outstanding..really go above and beyond for their clients. they are a newer company so they are hungry ..thus try to do all very well.. " OPTIMUM HUNTING" ..

Airline carriers have no fricken idea who is on first when traveling with guns/ammo..one place will tell you one thing, the same carriers other office will tell you something entirely different.. Turkish Air told me to check my ammo separately in its own case..told me to have it in a locked case away from my firearm with my checked luggage, and in Adana had me put it in the rifle case with my rifle..???? go figure

United didn't want to let me go to Turkey as my passport will expire in 5 months.. per Turkey, they want it to be a minimum of 6 months.. argued with the ignorant wench for 45 minutes..finally I said, send me to Chicago, if I cant go Turkish Air will not let me go..she agreed..was NO problem.. I got my visa in Istanbul..did cost me an extra $80.. but did NOT prevent me from entering the country.

When connecting with another carrier --such as we had to do, took United to Chicago and Turkish Air form that point forward..I STRONGLY suggest grabbing your luggage in your transfer city and recheck with Turkish or whoever that may be..I did this, my travel partner did not..i had my rifle and ammo when I arrived, my travel partner never got his the entire trip..

Went to a Turkish bath house the last day there.. wow, what an experience..will definitely do that again..and their view there on nudity is way diff than here in the US.. in a good way..
btw, I was told these can be purchased with or without a "happy ending"..

Lastly, I spent 8 days with a couple of guys I had never met before..in that 8 day period, we sweat a lot together, ate together, basically spend 14 hours a day together.. in the end, we cheered, praised our individual GOD'S for our success, and had a great time. Makes one wonder why the world itself couldn't be more like this. I was treated with the utmost respect and care while there. The guys will be friends like so many others I have met around the world have become... truly wish the world could be just a bit more tolerant more of the time, myself included..

Ripp

Edited by Ripp (16/11/18 02:47 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: Ripp]
      #321557 - 15/11/18 03:58 AM

Great pictures. Well put together narrative as well, Art.

Congratulations. Job/hunt well done.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: DarylS]
      #321558 - 15/11/18 04:47 AM

Congratulations on your successful hunt, Art; glad that all went well!
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: Louis]
      #321561 - 15/11/18 05:05 AM

Quote:

Congratulations on your successful hunt, Art; glad that all went well!
Louis

Louis

Thank you so much for your info and help prior to my departure..really appreciated it and it was very helpful.

--
Quote:

Great pictures. Well put together narrative as well, Art.

Congratulations. Job/hunt well done.

Thank you Daryl..
Appreciate it..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (15/11/18 06:07 AM)

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
      #321565 - 15/11/18 07:01 AM

Welcome back Ripp, so glade it went well for you, was thinking only yesterday how were you going on this hunt !

As you found out & I was hoping to, some great Boars in Turkey & this was my plan Big Boar & Ibex make it worth the trip, very happy for you !

Did the Boar hunt add much to the cost of the hunt & had you asked about them before hand so baited or such ?

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
      #321566 - 15/11/18 07:18 AM

Bucket list item Ripp!
Wow certainly a memorable hunt - well done to all, including the outfitters.
Those porkers certainly are whoppers, makes ours look like suckers!
How the hell you didn't end up with a completely smashed ibex I have no idea, I think the big fella upstairs was smiling on you lot as to fall 80m without breaking something is nothing short of a miracle!
Well done matey, top notch hunt!
Congrats
93x64mm

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: Sarg]
      #321567 - 15/11/18 07:29 AM

Quote:

Welcome back Ripp, so glade it went well for you, was thinking only yesterday how were you going on this hunt !

As you found out & I was hoping to, some great Boars in Turkey & this was my plan Big Boar & Ibex make it worth the trip, very happy for you !

Did the Boar hunt add much to the cost of the hunt & had you asked about them before hand so baited or such ?

WE did discuss the boar hunting prior. But, if we hadn't it would not have really mattered. They have clients coming in basically all year long just for shooting the boars.. Several guys from Hungary were there the week before just to shoot them. The cost was relatively cheap I felt when compared to other areas and the caliber of animal.. $1650. USD.. each addl. for $900. Shoot as many as you want..

IF I went back to hunt Ibex I would hunt more towards the end of Nov and early Dec..the rut would be on and the hunting will be much easier..

Thank you

--------------------

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
      #321568 - 15/11/18 07:35 AM

Looks like you had a very good hunt, makes the whole experience even more memorable if you have to work hard all week and only get your kill on the last day. Good clean shot as well although I note that you used Accubonds and not the normal Swift A-Frame. Superb scenery as well. Good on you.

Matt.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #321581 - 16/11/18 12:52 AM

Quote:

Looks like you had a very good hunt, makes the whole experience even more memorable if you have to work hard all week and only get your kill on the last day. Good clean shot as well although I note that you used Accubonds and not the normal Swift A-Frame. Superb scenery as well. Good on you.

Matt.

I have used Accubonds on lighter skinned game since mid-2000's.. they work great on smaller game OR if your velocity is lower on impact..I do NOT recommend them for high velocity cartridges with mv of 3150-3200 and above..I used 180AB in my 300RUM on my first trip to Zim in 2004--big mistake--exploded everything..reason, 1. most shots were 150 yards or less..2. my mv was 3370fps with that load..

The only bullet I have used out of my 280AI is the Accubond. they shoot extremely well.. in fact FACTORY Nosler loads group at 1/2" with my Lex Webernick rifle..so I don't even reload for it..use factory ammo..

Have used this bullet on numberous Ibex, Tur, Big Horn Sheep, and pronghorn antelope. ALL with excellent performance. On this Bezoar Ibex--the impact yardage was a bit over 430..performance was excellent..never penetrated out the opposite side..yet left hole about the side of a .50 piece... perfect .. have seen that performance time and again out of this gun/cal combo..so, yes, will keep using it.

Where I find the Swift A-Frames shine is in the higher velocity calibers such as 7mmRUM, 300RUM, 338RUM, my .264 W Mag, 257 Weatherby, etc... weight retention for both the Swift Scirocco(70-80%) and the A-Frame which is around 90% or above, at least that is my experience on the ones I have recovered and weighed exceed the Noslers substantially. The Partition and Accubond's are more in the 50-60% range and that is IF the velocities are not super fast..

All good bullets in their proper applications ..

Ripp

--------------------

Edited by Ripp (16/11/18 12:53 AM)

DarylS
.700 member

#321582 - 16/11/18 04:43 AM

Buddy of mine hunted Africa (Zimbabwe?) last Sept. for plains game. He and his wife shot some really nice animals.
His PH requested nothing but TSX or TTSx's.

--------------------
Daryl

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: DarylS]
      #321586 - 16/11/18 05:48 AM

Quote:

Buddy of mine hunted Africa (Zimbabwe?) last Sept. for plains game. He and his wife shot some really nice animals.
His PH requested nothing but TSX or TTSx's.

That is not the first time I have heard that. I have used only A-Frames since my first time there.. of all the recovered bullets I have, all are 90%+ in weight retention... that is both from my 300RUM--180gr & 200gr and from the 416REM in 400 gr ...

In the 300RUM I did switch from 180gr to 200GR A-Frames..shooting there (Africa) is normally closer..never know size of game you may be shooting at.. and the 200gr's really hammers them..use them here as well for elk...impressive results.. whether the shots are 100 or 500 yards..

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #321589 - 16/11/18 07:16 AM

Ripp, your hunt looks to have been a resounding success and a great time. The photos are sensational.

Daryl if a PH wants me to use Barnes bullets he had better pay for them and be prepared to stalk with-in 20 mts of the game. Those things do not shot in my rifles.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: Rule303]
      #321594 - 16/11/18 12:11 PM

Quote:

Ripp, your hunt looks to have been a resounding success and a great time. The photos are sensational.

Daryl if a PH wants me to use Barnes bullets he had better pay for them and be prepared to stalk with-in 20 mts of the game. Those things do not shot in my rifles. [/q

That is really weird ..they shoot incredibly well in several of my rifles ..especially in the 257 Weatherby's..1/2" groups out of both of them

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #321595 - 16/11/18 05:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Daryl if a PH wants me to use Barnes bullets he had better pay for them and be prepared to stalk with-in 20 mts of the game. Those things do not shot in my rifles. [/q

That is really weird ..they shoot incredibly well in several of my rifles ..especially in the 257 Weatherby's..1/2" groups out of both of them

Hi Ripp,

Now that I have a bit more time, was rushed this morning.

Nice shot too. Long on moving game, outstanding. If it was me (that's if I fluked a hit) the Ibex would have landed on his head or hooked up on the fall.

I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with some Turks and they were friendly and very helpful and boy could the make a Donna Kabab.

Re the Barnes, I have not tried Barnes in my current 270- a Steyr Pro Hunter or my newer 35Whelen. The TSX are alright in my 35Sambar, only know that as somebody gave me some to try. I have spent over $500 on Barnes bullets testing them in 223, 270, 6.8SPC(TSX only) 308 & 358 of which the best group was 6". So I just will not pay for another Barnes bullet. If others give me some to try and they are alright then I may buy those and those only. Other monometal bullets shoot tight groups, do not know why the Barnes. In the 6.8 they shot well, but even the 85 grains designed for the 6.8 didn't open up at close range on goats unless leg bone or similar was hit. Hit one small goat from 20mts 4 times, all heart shots, all just penciled straight through. Goat was dead just it and I didn't know it, 5th shot was in the head. I have a stainless and blued barrel for the 6.8SPC - don't as why. In the Stainless barrel the Barnes shot well in the blued, no where near as well.

As an aside, I see Swift A Frames came in 358, 250 & 280 grains. Might have to try them in my 358RUM as it is too fast for Woodliegh's up close.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: Rule303]
      #321599 - 17/11/18 12:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Ripp,

Now that I have a bit more time, was rushed this morning.

Nice shot too. Long on moving game, outstanding. If it was me (that's if I fluked a hit) the Ibex would have landed on his head or hooked up on the fall.

I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with some Turks and they were friendly and very helpful and boy could the make a Donna Kabab.

Re the Barnes, I have not tried Barnes in my current 270- a Steyr Pro Hunter or my newer 35Whelen. The TSX are alright in my 35Sambar, only know that as somebody gave me some to try. I have spent over $500 on Barnes bullets testing them in 223, 270, 6.8SPC(TSX only) 308 & 358 of which the best group was 6". So I just will not pay for another Barnes bullet. If others give me some to try and they are alright then I may buy those and those only. Other monometal bullets shoot tight groups, do not know why the Barnes. In the 6.8 they shot well, but even the 85 grains designed for the 6.8 didn't open up at close range on goats unless leg bone or similar was hit. Hit one small goat from 20mts 4 times, all heart shots, all just penciled straight through. Goat was dead just it and I didn't know it, 5th shot was in the head. I have a stainless and blued barrel for the 6.8SPC - don't as why. In the Stainless barrel the Barnes shot well in the blued, no where near as well.

As an aside, I see Swift A Frames came in 358, 250 & 280 grains. Might have to try them in my 358RUM as it is too fast for Woodliegh's up close.

Hello 303,

Yes, while they eat way too much in the way of tomato's, cucumbers and bread for my taste, generally the food was very good..THey prepared some of the Ibex for us the night after we got back to town. Had backstraps and liver...man, I almost had to get wheeled out of there I was so stuffed..

Back to the TSX--I only used them in lighter animals. I have NOT used them in elk sized game or on any hunt in Africa. As I said they do shoot incredibly well out of several of my rifles. I have two custom's built on a Rem. action with Hart barrels..will shoot under 1/2 inch all day long at 100yds, at times it's one hole.. The issue I have with the TSX's is they don't mushroom like the A-Frame or Sirocco for that matter.. I think that is important, especially on larger game..the game needs to "feel" that energy as its delivered...The A-Frames I have used and to a lesser degree the scirocco's, all have incredible mushrooms and retain a larger percentage of their initial weight..A-Frames are 90% typically, Scirocco's around 70%+..I recovered several A-Frames from the Lord Derby Eland I shot in Cameroon last year..all were 90%..also recovered one from the Roan I shot..same thing..

Until someone can show me better performance than what I am getting with them, for the really tough stuff, its the Swift Family for me... Everyone I know in my home area that are using them are having the same results.. I realize they are a bit more expensive, but frankly, don't care.. in this world you pay for quality..in fact it would be impossible for me to care any less about the cost of them..

I attached 2 clips for you I found on line--granted its promo by Remington and Federal, but its amusing and reiterates my point.. I have used the 250gr out of my 338RUM on elk..it would be impossible for them to drop any faster..shot one cow facing me at about 250 yards..hit her dead on in the upper chest, the bullet exited just under her anus on the other end..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoiyucAwBTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wlizFCOqxE

Also an article by NORMA
https://www.norma.cc/en/Products/Components/Bullets/Swift-A-Frame/

I also really like the Nosler Accubonds for sheep/goat speciies..have used it on 9 hunts now and all have performed very well..all one shot kills at distances from 25 yards to a bit over 600...AND, I have found them to be very accurate in the rifles I shoot them in. My wife uses the 165GR Accubond out of her Kimber 308W...hammers elk ..have seen her take several elk from 335 to 540yds with that bullet/rifle combo..

In the end, my experience is match the bullet to the game you are hunting for optimum results.. granted you can use one bullet for all..but each has their positives to bring to the equation..

--------------------

Edited by Ripp (17/11/18 12:47 AM)

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
      #321933 - 28/11/18 07:31 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Sorry for the delay in saying Congratulations to you Ripp!
Been a bit busy with legal "stuff" but I/we won.

Thank You Ripp, for sharing the story, details and photo's.
Really happy to see your trip to Turkey was so sucessful, and the great trophy's you decked.

Regards
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: Homer]
      #321960 - 28/11/18 09:23 PM

Great story and photos. What wonderful scenes and I know those photos still can not do justice to the scens in real life. Photos no matter how good can't duplicate the real thing. But from the photos one can get an idea of what the real life scene would look like. I would love to see those scenes, mountain scapes one day. Lucky guy to hunt in such an area. Where man has hunted for more than 5,000 years before.

I remember seeing a photo of a Russian wild boar maybe back around 1980 and since then have wanted to hunt these monsters. I would go to Turkey or similar just to hunt Russian wild boar. And probably easier than the mountain climbing for Ibex.

Outside cute, inside very basic and not far from some temporary hunting huts. Sometimes we forget our poor people live in much of the world.

Quote:

Yes, while they eat way too much in the way of tomato's, cucumbers and bread for my taste, generally the food was very good..THey prepared some of the Ibex for us the night after we got back to town. Had backstraps and liver...man, I almost had to get wheeled out of there I was so stuffed..

I was going to ask what sort of food you were eating. Breakfast of tomatoes, cucumbers and onions!?

Quote:

Lastly, I spent 8 days with a couple of guys I had never met before..in that 8 day period, we sweat a lot together, ate together, basically spend 14 hours a day together.. in the end, we cheered, praised our individual GOD'S for our success, and had a great time. Makes one wonder why the world itself couldn't be more like this. I was treated with the utmost respect and care while there. The guys will be friends like so many others I have met around the world have become... truly wish the world could be just a bit more tolerant more of the time, myself included..

How true. Meeting normal ordinary people directly, living with them, sharing experiences is very different from stereotypes from the other side of the world. Especially doing what you both like and avoiding topics and issues where you will doisagree. Many times ordinary people can live happily together in a community. Until stirred up by ratbags. And just like here, many people can't be bothered to get stirred up and just carry on with their lies.

Turks have a reputatiuon for being friendly and welcoming as a people. their gov't has a different repuatation though.

Ha ha, talking about friendly, the brothels, oops, Turkish baths. Was worried about a "midnight express" experience for a moment though. Didn't realise there was females in Turkish baths!

Ripp, wonderful to see your hunt stories. No shooting tame beasts behind high wire enclosures in Ripp's stories. Up and down mountains, you are a fit guy.

Wonderful story photos and experiences.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: Homer]
      #321970 - 29/11/18 12:50 AM

Quote:

G'Day Fella's,

Sorry for the delay in saying Congratulations to you Ripp!
Been a bit busy with legal "stuff" but I/we won.

Thank You Ripp, for sharing the story, details and photo's.
Really happy to see your trip to Turkey was so sucessful, and the great trophy's you decked.

Regards
Homer

Thank you Sir..
and Good to hear you "WON" ..

Always a nice feeling..

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: NitroX]
      #322002 - 30/11/18 12:41 AM

Quote:

Great story and photos. What wonderful scenes and I know those photos still can not do justice to the scens in real life. Photos no matter how good can't duplicate the real thing. But from the photos one can get an idea of what the real life scene would look like. I would love to see those scenes, mountain scapes one day. Lucky guy to hunt in such an area. Where man has hunted for more than 5,000 years before.
-
I was pleasantly surprised honestly at how great the scenery was...awesome looking country

I remember seeing a photo of a Russian wild boar maybe back around 1980 and since then have wanted to hunt these monsters. I would go to Turkey or similar just to hunt Russian wild boar. And probably easier than the mountain climbing for Ibex.

YOU can go there just for the wild boar..a couple guys from Hungary were there the week before I got there doing just that..its not too expensive ..and they have some monsters there..

Outside cute, inside very basic and not far from some temporary hunting huts. Sometimes we forget our poor people live in much of the world.

Man isn't that the truth.. be happy with what you I have...

Quote:

I was going to ask what sort of food you were eating. Breakfast of tomatoes, cucumbers and onions!?
Yes---and lots of bread and honey...

Quote:

How true. Meeting normal ordinary people directly, living with them, sharing experiences is very different from stereotypes from the other side of the world. Especially doing what you both like and avoiding topics and issues where you will doisagree. Many times ordinary people can live happily together in a community. Until stirred up by ratbags. And just like here, many people can't be bothered to get stirred up and just carry on with their lies.

Turks have a reputatiuon for being friendly and welcoming as a people. their gov't has a different repuatation though.

Ha ha, talking about friendly, the brothels, oops, Turkish baths. Was worried about a "midnight express" experience for a moment though. Didn't realise there was females in Turkish baths!

Was a great experience...and yes, glad it as NOT the "midnight express" type..

Ripp, wonderful to see your hunt stories. No shooting tame beasts behind high wire enclosures in Ripp's stories. Up and down mountains, you are a fit guy.

Wonderful story photos and experiences.

Thank you--really would like to hunt Marco Polo one day in the not too distant future..my friend is heading off in 3 days for that in Tajikistan...envious..went out yesterday helped him sight in his rifle and how to dial up for longer range..

--------------------

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
      #322179 - 04/12/18 03:16 PM

great succes and yes the boars growing very big there since Heracles catch the erymanthian boar

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

DarylS
.700 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: lancaster]
      #322185 - 04/12/18 05:54 PM

270gr. TSX's group 3/8" to .6" from my .375/06iMP - at 2,650fps.
My daughter's .260 Rem.(when it was a 60gr. water capacity) .260 CLC used to put 120gr. XLC's into 1/4" - yes .250" for 3 shot groups when driven 3,308fps.

--------------------
Daryl

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex [Re: lancaster]
      #322188 - 05/12/18 03:09 AM

Quote:

great succes and yes the boars growing very big there since Heracles catch the erymanthian boar

--
800px-Herakles_Eurystheus_boar_Louvre_F202 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5556

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com