Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Blaser Dobbel Riffel adjustment ???

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
Clausen
.224 member

Reged: 17/03/05
Loc: Denmark
Blaser Dobbel Riffel adjustment ???
      #321734 - 20/11/18 11:44 PM

Anybody have experience or know how the system to regulate the Blaser S2 Dobbel riffel work?
Shots from the left barrel hits right of shot from the right barrel, approx. 30 cm / 100 m Hight ok
It`s 500/416 NE 3 1/4
Best Regards Per

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Igorrock
.400 member

Reged: 01/03/07
Loc: Finland
Re: Blaser Dobbel Riffel adjustment ??? [Re: Clausen]
      #321795 - 23/11/18 03:43 AM

Maybe this helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s7Va5bL-X8

--------------------
http://promaakari.wordpress.com/

Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Blaser Dobbel Riffel adjustment ??? [Re: Clausen]
      #321842 - 26/11/18 12:02 AM

Quote:

Anybody have experience or know how the system to regulate the Blaser S2 Dobbel riffel work?
Shots from the left barrel hits right of shot from the right barrel, approx. 30 cm / 100 m Hight ok
It`s 500/416 NE 3 1/4
Best Regards Per

I “had” a .470 S2. The regulation adjustment is an adjustable wedge located midway between chamber and muzzles that only controls barrel separation on the horizontal plane. You can adjust the wedge so it applies more or less tension between the barrels. Mine was printing diagonally and 30 cm apart at 100 yards. I adjusted the wedge and I was able to bring the barrels together so that one barrel was printing directly above the other but there was still 30 cm between the shots.

There is no vertical adjustment on the “safari” S2.

The muzzles are held together by a brass bushing, or yoke, or whatever you want to call it. At this point, I rested one of the muzzles turned upside down on a block of wood, careful not to let the front sight touch the wood, and I gave one of the barrels ( the one that was shooting low) a sharp rap with a 2 pound ball peen hammer, just enough to slightly bend the bushing/yoke, and I retested the rifle...... I found that now it was printing both barrels side by side and just about touching!!!

I felt like a criminal hammering on my new and first double rifle I ever owned, but it shot like a piece of shit as it came from Blaser. I will say though, that each individual barrel shot extremely accurately and each printed VERY small groups, but the barrels printed hopelessly apart and the composite group could not be rectified by changing the loads.

In your case, you can simply move the wedge to apply less force between the barrels to bring the shots closer together and stop them from crossing. If you get to the point where you totally remove the wedge and the shots still cross, I don’t know how you’d bring the barrels closer together. Maybe use heavier bullets or slower loads.

Edited by Postman (26/11/18 12:36 AM)

Clausen
.224 member

Reged: 17/03/05
Loc: Denmark
Re: Blaser Dobbel Riffel adjustment ??? [Re: Postman]
      #321870 - 26/11/18 07:03 PM

Thanks for your reply

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 85 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2920

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com