Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: BRNO ZKK 601 single set trigger

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Clark
.275 member

Reged: 25/11/08
Loc: Sweden
BRNO ZKK 601 single set trigger
      #321602 - 17/11/18 12:52 AM

Hello,

I have a nice old Brno ZKK 601 in .222 which have the ugly but functional set trigger like in the picture. I would like to replace it to a single curved classig single set trigger, but not sure where I can find one? Apparently the rifle originally came with both triggers so maybe there are some laying around?

Thanks!

[/url]

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
eagle27
.400 member

Reged: 24/01/09
Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
Re: BRNO ZKK 601 single set trigger [Re: Clark]
      #321616 - 17/11/18 09:32 AM

This is the single Brno trigger you are looking for. I had a ZKK with the set trigger as you have and while it was nice to use in terms of let off I found it too far forward in the trigger bow to be comfortable for my length of pull. A friend also with a ZKK had the spare single trigger, they came in a little green cloth bag with a small flat spring to prevent the trigger rattling around when installed in place of the set trigger. I always intended using his trigger to copy and make one for my ZKK but never got around to it before selling the rifle. I don't know that anyone will part with one of these sort after triggers unless they have sold the rifle without the replacement trigger.

Be careful if adjusting the let off of your set trigger (via the screw accessed just behind the rear bridge when the bolt is out)as there is a point where the cocking piece sear will not catch the trigger sear and the firing pin will fall if operating and closing the bolt rapidly. While this may not normally discharge a cartridge it could do so if the bolt is slammed shut on a loaded round.

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: BRNO ZKK 601 single set trigger [Re: Clark]
      #321621 - 17/11/18 11:23 AM

Quote:

Hello,

"........I would like to replace it to a single curved classig single set trigger, .............

Thanks!

[/url]

G'Day Fella's,

Clark, FYI, the alternative Brno ZKK curved trigger you are looking for (as pictured by Eagle27) is not a Set Trigger. It is just a conventional/standard trigger system (but for the Brno ZKK action).

My best advice, would be to speak with the owners of any old Gun Shops or Gunsmiths, that have been in business for a long time. Even current Gunshops/Gunsmiths, that may have bought the contents, of older gunshops/Gunsmiths. These people/places, may have the ZKK trigger you are looking for.

Hope that helps

Good Hunting
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

450_Ackley
.375 member

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: Darling Downs, Qld Australia
Re: BRNO ZKK 601 single set trigger [Re: Homer]
      #321623 - 17/11/18 01:09 PM

Talk to Wayne at AHR (American Hunting Rifles.) He makes a replacement standard trigger the same as what you are looking for.

http://americanhuntingrifles.com/home/accessories/

DC

Clark
.275 member

Reged: 25/11/08
Loc: Sweden
Re: BRNO ZKK 601 single set trigger [Re: 450_Ackley]
      #321654 - 19/11/18 12:48 AM

Thank you so much for the information! Much appreciated!

And thanks 450_Ackley, I will check that out and contact Wayne!

/Lars

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3470

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com