Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mannlicher M.72

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1
JDL
.300 member

Reged: 25/12/10
Loc: Louisiana
Mannlicher M.72
      #321609 - 17/11/18 06:04 AM

I found this on the net and thought it interesting because the M.72 is one I know the least about. http://revivaler.com/the-mannlicher-schonauer-m72/

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Mannlicher M.72 [Re: JDL]
      #321610 - 17/11/18 06:55 AM

Very nice rifles! - accurate as well.

A hunter/client some 10 or 11 years ago, from Hungary, brought a 9.3x62 in the Model 72, Styre Mann. to BC on a grizzly bear hunt.

I took him down to the range where he took the rifle & scope out of the gun case, then snapped the Zeiss into place in it's claw mounts.

I set up the bags, where he took 2 rounds out of a box of Sako factory ammo, shoved them into the box magazine, knelt against the side of the bench holding the rifle in two hands, one resting on the edge of the bench.

He then proceeded to put both rounds, side by side, 1/2" apart, exactly 6" high at 100 yards. He would not move his sights when I suggested.

From one compartment in the case, he unfolded & showed me the ammunition advertisement page, wherein that factory round, a Speer 270gr. The language was of course Hungarian, however it was plain to see a note that if sighted 15.24cm (6") high at 100 meters, that ammo would give a 200 meter zero.

He set the scope before leaving Hungary and here, many thousands of miles later, it was still zero'd.

A few days later, he shot a grizzly bear that they, guide & hunter, had just awaken from a snooze, at a range of 20 yards.

The bear stood up and faced them - POW!

It was a frontal chest shot and the bear dropped dead. 8 1/2' square. Nice big bear for an interior BC Griz.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1340

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com