Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Idaho / Wyoming approve Grizzly Bear Hunts...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Idaho / Wyoming approve Grizzly Bear Hunts...
      #318274 - 19/07/18 09:35 PM

This is a really smart move IMHO...Grizzlies in this area are out of control..my friend who lives just outside the park..on 14 acres had 9 different griz on his trai cams last year ..NINE on a 14 acre parcel..in a park of 3,000,000 acres..yet the lib press keeps trying to say there are 600 griz in the Yellowstone Eco system..such bullshit.. they have been using that same number for the past 30 years..apparently griz have less sex than my ex-wife.

This will however, bring out the liberal greenies from the woodwork...lawsuits will be filed from now until 2045

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/...m_campaign=0718

Edited by Ripp (19/07/18 09:39 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Idaho / Wyoming approve Grizzly Bear Hunts... [Re: Ripp]
      #318280 - 19/07/18 11:40 PM

Some areas in BC are overcrowded as well.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Idaho / Wyoming approve Grizzly Bear Hunts... [Re: DarylS]
      #318892 - 08/08/18 01:24 PM

Really good article on Grizzly Bears...

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting-grizzly-bears-necessary-conservation#page-7

Excerpt of article:

Deep in the Teton Wilderness, near the southeast corner of Yellowstone National Park, Bond Isaacson, a 30-year-old hunter from North Carolina, loaded quarters from his first elk onto a packhorse with the help of his guide. The horse spooked. When Isaacson looked up, a big sow grizzly stood less than 20 yards away.

“Hey, bear!” the guide yelled, frantically waving his arms. “Git bear! Git!” Isaacson’s hunting partner waved and hollered too. The grizzly popped its jaws and stepped toward them. The guide had no sidearm. The second hunter’s rifle was 10 yards away, leaning against a stump. The bear circled downwind. Now the three men stood between the grizzly and the elk carcass. Isaacson drew his .300 Win. Mag. from a scabbard on the packhorse. With a shaky voice he asked, “What should I do?”

“Give it a warning shot,” the guide said, and Isaacson put a round in the dirt a few inches from the grizzly’s front claws. Then the bear charged. “Shoot it!” the guide yelled. “Shoot it!”

The second shot toppled the grizzly midrun. She dropped 8 yards from the three men—and one freaked-out horse.

Mike Deming, editor of Sportsman’s News and a family friend of Isaacson’s, had helped plan the hunt and was with Isaacson in camp. He wasn’t there during the attack, and he was curious to see the scene for himself. So the next day, ­Deming hiked a ridgeline to glass the area around Isaacson’s kill. He spotted a big boar grizzly feeding on the elk carcass and three smaller bears waiting their turn.

The Isaacson/Deming party saw more than a dozen grizzlies on their seven-day elk hunt. They camped on the fringe of ­Yellowstone National Park, after a 19-hour horseback ride into the backcountry, near where the Teton and Washakie Wilderness areas meet. A mother and two cubs were run from camp nightly with 12-gauge flashbang rounds. A fourth bear wandered into a hunter’s tent. Deming has hunted and killed three brown bears in Alaska and Canada, and more than 30 black bears throughout a lifetime hunting the West. He’s not the kind of guy who spooks easily. “But hunting near Yellowstone scares the living crap out of me,” he says. “Bears are everywhere.”

The grizzly Isaacson shot was the 33rd recorded bear death in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem in 2017. By the end of the year, 56 grizzlies made the list.

"Wyoming has contributed more than $50 million, more than any other single state or agency, to the grizzly conservation effort. That money comes almost exclusively from Pittman-Robertson funds, which are raised from an excise tax on ammunition, firearms, and archery equipment."

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
      #320359 - 04/10/18 05:24 AM

Did the grizzly hunting season resumed in early October in Wyoming and Idaho after being put on standby for one month in early September by Judge Dana Christensen?
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

Edited by Ripp (04/10/18 07:19 AM)

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Idaho / Wyoming approve Grizzly Bear Hunts... [Re: Louis]
      #320362 - 04/10/18 07:19 AM

NO Louis..Currently the hunt has been halted by a liberal judge who prefers to set laws from the bench versus actually looking at facts and science..

The same method was attempted again and again by the left wing liberals regarding wolves..at the time they were introduced, it was agreed upon the 30 breeding pairs would constitute recovery..we the number tripled that..yet when the wolf season was implemented the liberals sued time and again..finally congress voted to allow the season and made the lawsuits useless...this is what is needed this time as well..

--------------------

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
      #320383 - 04/10/18 09:14 PM

Thank you, Ripp.
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

DarylS
.700 member

Re: Idaho / Wyoming approve Grizzly Bear Hunts... [Re: Louis]
      #320390 - 05/10/18 03:54 AM

It is a totally screwed up system that allows ANYONE other than the game branch to make or effect hunting regulations.

Ripp
.577 member

#320391 - 05/10/18 08:08 AM

Quote:

It is a totally screwed up system that allows ANYONE other than the game branch to make or effect hunting regulations.

Agree --really the same thing when the libs are suing and trying to prevent any logging in forest fire or beetle kill areas... Libs know best...just ask one...

--------------------

DarylS
.700 member

#320393 - 05/10/18 08:50 AM

Maybe need a friendly Lawyer, like Cpt. Curly, to sue the suing Libtard for disrupting a lawfully scheduled hunt.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

.275 member

Reged: 25/03/17
Loc: Houston, TX
      #320411 - 05/10/18 09:43 PM

The various wildlife agencies who oversee the regulation should file suit against opening of a season in a validation action, lay out all of their findings and base it on their mandate so no one else can challenge the ruling.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2755

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com