Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hunter-in-Montana-kills-grizzly-bear-injures-cub --

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Hunter-in-Montana-kills-grizzly-bear-injures-cub --
      #320170 - 28/09/18 10:45 PM

2nd one this week here in Montana..

Thankfully the handgun was more effective, at least in this case, than the pepper spray used in the previously posted attack..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/28/hun...icials-say.html

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (29/09/18 01:11 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Hunter-in-Montana-kills-grizzly-bear-injures-cub -- [Re: Ripp]
      #320174 - 29/09/18 08:07 AM

Ripp these attacks seem to be increasing in frequency. Any ideas as to why?

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Hunter-in-Montana-kills-grizzly-bear-injures-cub -- [Re: Rule303]
      #320178 - 29/09/18 09:58 AM

Quote:

Ripp these attacks seem to be increasing in frequency. Any ideas as to why?

There's several reasons actually. Number one it's fall..so bears are preparing to go into hibernation.. they're eating anything and everything they can to get their weight up. Next thing is its also archery season so you have hunters out calling with elk calls and sneaking through the woods in camo with elk urine sprayed on for scent.. it's basically become almost like a dinner bell for the bears... they'll follow the call or they follow the hunter, as has been proven by studies..once the kill is made they try to take the kill away just as though the hunter is another bear..or threat to their food..

Then there is a issue of way way way too many Grizzlies that have not been hunted in over 30 years so they've lost their fear of man in Montana Wyoming and Idaho. Then you have all the Liberals and their organizations suing anytime somebody wants to have a hunting season to try to shut it down which is what just happened in Wyoming again. Science means nothing to them even though the numbers suggest there are more than enough Grizzlies in the area..and they are repopulating. In fact they are expanding to areas now that have not seen a griz in over 100 years..Liberals/greenies (all the same) still sue for nothing more than the sake of suing it seems. Liberals love science as long as it agrees with their agenda..

I have a now retired friend who worked for forest service, along with several who are still working for them..ALL state, if the feds are saying there are 800 griz in the Yellowstone Eco-system..its at a minimum, double that...have another friend who has a 2 acre piece of land just outside of YNP...2 ACRES..he has trail cam's up..has photographed 14 different griz come through his little parcel so far in 2018 since spring..TWO ACRES--14 GRIZ have come through..

YNP alone is around 2.2 million acres..let alone what the Fed's call the Yellowstone Eco-sytem which is 18 MILLION acres.. the Feds and greenies are trying to say there are only 6-800 griz in that area?? That comment is complete bullshit --I am out a lot in the fall..and so are most of my friends..I would bet anyone --as the forest service guys I talk to have said, who by the way are actually out there daily, horse back or otherwise, the number is in excess of 1600...probably closer to 2000...

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #320179 - 29/09/18 12:59 PM

Spot-on, young man.
We'll be home tomorrow afternoon.
Many thanks to you, Cut.&T. Curl along with Dan, Danny & J. for wonderful visits.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #320189 - 29/09/18 11:59 PM

Ripp, Thanks for the info. I thought no hunting of the bears and increased population may of had a bearing but knew nothing of the rest. Seems plain idiotic to me to go around smelling like bear lunch in bear territory unless of course you are a bow hunter with a self defence handgun who is actually bear hunting.

Maybe it is time victims of bear attacks started suing the liberals for the trauma, physical and mental, caused by the bear attacks. Farmers suing them for any loss of live stock etc. Don't know if it is possible but should be worth looking at.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Hunter-in-Montana-kills-grizzly-bear-injures-cub -- [Re: DarylS]
      #320197 - 30/09/18 05:45 AM

Quote:

Spot-on, young man.
We'll be home tomorrow afternoon.
Many thanks to you, Cut.&T. Curl along with Dan, Danny & J. for wonderful visits.

YOU are most welcome Daryl... was a pleasure to actually meet you and your Wife..

Looking forward to that happening again.. Good to have you back

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1521

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com