Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: MS 6.5 Article with Load Data and Results - Rifle Mag 1972

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1
Rothhammer1
.400 member

Reged: 06/01/17
Loc: The Redwoods of California
MS 6.5 Article with Load Data and Results - Rifle Mag 1972
      #319808 - 13/09/18 06:22 AM

"The revival of interest" begins an article that could have been written today, though it was printed forty six years ago. From The Rifle Magazine, May / June, 1972 and written by (four star) General Vernon Megee, text on the first couple of pages involves a rudimentary overview of the M1903 (though the rifle he uses for ballistic testing is a 'sporterized' 1903 Greek). As the article progresses the General takes us along as he develops and proves loads for the venerable 6.5X54 while singing its praises.

Courtesy of member Waidmannsheil, from another of his magazines that he hasn't read yet (I've been accumulating and facilitating shipments for him from U.S. to OZ), I bring you this:

One difference from then to now - when the article was written, Mannlicher Schönauers were still available brand new from Stoeger - that would soon change.

The General's closing sentences were prophetic; "Otherwise the American sportsman who would like to own one will have to search the used gun racks of our larger gun stores - where the popular little Mannlicher seldom rests for long. Those who own them seem to cherish them even more as availability drops.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: MS 6.5 Article with Load Data and Results - Rifle Mag 1972 [Re: Rothhammer1]
      #319819 - 13/09/18 01:30 PM

Excellent!

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

JDL
.300 member

Reged: 25/12/10
Loc: Louisiana
Re: MS 6.5 Article with Load Data and Results - Rifle Mag 1972 [Re: tinker]
      #319850 - 14/09/18 10:14 PM

Thanks for posting Rothhammer1. I've read several of General Megee's articles and thoroughly enjoyed this one. He seemed to like the smaller less intense cartridges which are a joy to shoot. All the keyboard commandos, who insist on less than 1 MOA, will rent their cloths about the accuracy he obtained but, will work just fine for most hunters.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: MS 6.5 Article with Load Data and Results - Rifle Mag 1972 [Re: JDL]
      #319858 - 15/09/18 12:42 AM

Have to read it all, but its a ".25". Ha ha ha.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2236

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com