Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: All the Best from African Hunter Magazine

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Alan
.224 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Georgia, USA
All the Best from African Hunter Magazine
      #319 - 01/01/03 07:55 PM

Hey John,

I'm up late from ringing in the New Year and just got your e-mail announcing your new forum. Congratulations on a job well done.

I was just trying yesterday to post on your old MSN forum but it never would let me in even with the correct password or new user name and password! I'm glad you are shed of MSN, it should help the traffic to this site.

I was just wanting to respond to your message about being the 100th registered member and winning the Sporting Shooter magazine with the Babes and Boars calendar. I just got it in the mail and you were right about there being some rather lekker sheilas gracing the covers. Quite amazing that they didn't have a spot of mud on them!

Anyhow, I'd go back to Oz tomorrow but I'm all caught up in this Africa thing and can't spare the cost of a good Top End hunt. I was there in August 1998 and hunted buffalo out of Ramingining with Joe Wilson of Murwangi Station, then flew up to the Cobourg Peninsula with Brenton Hurt and took a banteng at Danger Point.

After three African safaris, I must say that there's been nothing as grueling as hunting in Arnhemland with Murwangi Joe. Less than two months after we returned to the States, Joe got hammered and damn near lost his right arm to a croc. A hell of a gruesome tale that would have killed a lesser man, but that's a story for another time.

Best Regards,

Alan Bunn

--------------------
http://www.african-hunter.com[/url]
eEditor@african-hunter.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: All the Best from African Hunter Magazine [Re: Alan]
      #322 - 01/01/03 11:35 PM

Thanks Allan for the comments. I think the new forum software will be a big improvement in reliability, speed and also mean members won't have to "cough up" if ever MSN puts the hard word on MSN group members. This forum will stay FREE for members.

Hope you enjoy twelve months of Australian hunting sheilas . No mud on them? No mud wrestlling in the bush? Damn.

Everyone else. Check out Allan's African Hunter website. It is a great resource on African hunting and the magazine is an excellent read too.

http://www.african-hunter.com

Enjoy.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

cchunter
.375 member

Loc: Kinna, Sweden
Re: All the Best from African Hunter Magazine [Re: NitroX]
      #352 - 02/01/03 01:27 AM

I must take my time to order a subscribtion, and Alan I must say I just love your book!

--------------------

Christer Hansson

Alan
.224 member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Re: All the Best from African Hunter Magazine [Re: cchunter]
      #353 - 02/01/03 06:52 AM

Hey Christer,

Thanks for your comments, it's good to hear feedback from someone who has had the opportunity to use the Shot Placement Guide on an actual safari.

If you were pleased with the original SPG, then take a look at the newest effort from Ant Williams and Co., the Impala SPG.

http://www.african-hunter.com/Impala%20shot_placement_planner.htm

Eventually we will have these individual species editions available for the entire spectrum of African game animals. We almost have the wildebeest and leopard editions ready for the printer, and they will be available soon after the upcoming SCI conventions season here in the States, ie. March or April.

Her NitroX,

My new ambition and New Year's resolution is to circumnavigate the globe starting off from Atlanta to Africa then on to Oz and back to Atlanta via L.A.; a sort of global bovine safari in honor of the great explorer Magellan

I think winding up the water buff/banteg segment of this adventure with some mud wrestling in Darwin with the top two or three boar hunting babes would be an appropriate way to cap off the safari.

Cheers,

Alan Bunn

--------------------
http://www.african-hunter.com[/url]
eEditor@african-hunter.com

cchunter
.375 member

Loc: Kinna, Sweden
Re: All the Best from African Hunter Magazine [Re: Alan]
      #362 - 02/01/03 12:32 PM

Hey Alan

That Impala guide will be in my pocket this summer! I really had use for the SPG last summer in the field and then especially on my Oryx that I shot in a distance of 350 yards.

As this was my first safari I had only decided Kudu and Impala as fixed and had 2-4 more species open it was nice to take a quick look in the book when the PH said that now we have a chance for like Zebra etc.

--------------------

Christer Hansson

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3100

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com